• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members

Sometimes the going gets rough but I have the promises of God.

Job 30:16 And now my soul is poured out upon me; the days of affliction have taken hold upon me.

Jeremiah 8:18 When I would comfort myself against sorrow, my heart is faint in me.

Isaiah 41:10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

John 16:22 And ye now therefore have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you.

Praying and reading.

• Members

Sir, you are so right!!!
The last days sometimes weren't easy and today it seemed to be a very stressful day.
But you reminded me that God will fill my heart with joy.
Thank you sir for these encouraging words!
God bless you!

• Members

I found the answer. I put it in my wife's Mother's Day card. I said I would like to read the Bible with her. I told her in the card to ask me about it, "Please."

She said she would like that. I said it wouldn't be commentary just sharing reading scriptures together. It's a good start for my Roman Church wife to agree to this.

I will walk softly in this endeavor.

• Members
:thumb I pray the Lord will open your wife to the prodding of the Holy Ghost and use you to help your wife discern falsehood from truth. :pray

Thanks John for remembering my trials. Time will tell. We'll praise God anyway...Amen!

• Administrators
I found the answer. I put it in my wife's Mother's Day card. I said I would like to read the Bible with her. I told her in the card to ask me about it, "Please."

She said she would like that. I said it wouldn't be commentary just sharing reading scriptures together. It's a good start for my Roman Church wife to agree to this.

I will walk softly in this endeavor.

What wonderful, wonderful news!!!!!

• 6 months later...
  • Members

I Tim 115, That was such a sweet way to ask! I know this has been awhile now but I have prayed for you that she would just desire to read His Word with you and share. I've been praying she hears you share what His Word has to say to her personnally and that she would feel more secure in your leadership as she does. This prayer hasn't ceased!! I see your heart for women asking for advice with their husbands and your Godly answers presented in love. When I read thses I pray for you with your wife in the RCC. Walk in His way's and she will follow! His timing isn't ours! In my prayers regularly! I used to be afraid to talk to you...Really!! Once I've seen this side of you, I don't fear you as much as before! Prayed alot to tell you! in Christ, His by Grace

• Members

I Tim 115, That was such a sweet way to ask! I know this has been awhile now but I have prayed for you that she would just desire to read His Word with you and share. I've been praying she hears you share what His Word has to say to her personnally and that she would feel more secure in your leadership as she does. This prayer hasn't ceased!! I see your heart for women asking for advice with their husbands and your Godly answers presented in love. When I read thses I pray for you with your wife in the RCC. Walk in His way's and she will follow! His timing isn't ours! In my prayers regularly! I used to be afraid to talk to you...Really!! Once I've seen this side of you, I don't fear you as much as before! Prayed alot to tell you! in Christ, His by Grace

Thanks for your prayers, please continue. It never really got off the ground. I continue to pray, read, study, and I'm faithful in attending my local church. I had decided God has his own timing. There are times I've said things or shared things with others in my home and my wife mentioned them afterward. I give God all the glory.
Philippians 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

• Members

Dave, Hope and pray all goes well in this endeavor and success comes from it.

With the verses you posted, I could not help but think of this one from Paul's pen.

11 Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.

Phil 4:11 (KJV)

With all that happened to this man who fought the good fight some would have trouble understanding how he could be content at anytime during his days spent on this earth, its not the promise at the end of the rainbow as some might think, but the promise he, we, have from our Savior & His Father.

4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Rev 21:4 (KJV)

Just hang in there, keep up the good fight, stay focused on God and our Savior.

• Members

Brother Tim,

I am going to pray for this is a special way for you. When I am feeling discouraged I always look at this verse in Psalm 3:3 But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head.

Your wife and you are in my prayers.