• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

RSS Robot

In Milestone, Gay Marriage Prevails At Supreme Court

Nevada is much the same, though there is a small fee. Primariy because marriage is big business out there. I live in California right at the border of Nevada, so when I do a wedding there, I have to apply for a special permit to do the wedding-no cost. I don't need one in California. I will continue to perform weddings, and if there is a sudden push by gays to come to have their weddings done by me, and I get in trouble for refusing, well, I'll deal with that then.

I would think your refusal could fall under Freedom of Religion.  Your religion (and mine) do not allow for man marrying man, and for the state to say you must is infringing on our God-given rights.

The only "God given right" we have is to decide whether we will obey God or rebel against Him. Beyond that we have no "rights". Either we determine to obey God no matter what, regardless of what the government or any other man says, or we don't.

It's easy for us to gather at church speaking up for the Lord because at the moment there is no threat of the government or a mob attacking us. It's much different for believers in many other countries where when they gather to speak up for the Lord they know there is the risk of a mob attacking them or the government swooping down upon them. Their true commitment to the Lord is clear while ours hasn't been tested so we don't yet know who among us will stand true in face of serious persecution, who will fade away, or even who may betray Christ and us.

Now is the time to count the cost, decide where we want to stand and prepare ourselves in the Lord for that day.

I would think your refusal could fall under Freedom of Religion.  Your religion (and mine) do not allow for man marrying man, and for the state to say you must is infringing on our God-given rights.

It would be, yet I believe it will happen.

Many of those sodomites feels that any home that has children in them & the parents teaches about God & Jesus, the children ought to be taken out of that home.

The only "God given right" we have is to decide whether we will obey God or rebel against Him. Beyond that we have no "rights". Either we determine to obey God no matter what, regardless of what the government or any other man says, or we don't.

It's easy for us to gather at church speaking up for the Lord because at the moment there is no threat of the government or a mob attacking us. It's much different for believers in many other countries where when they gather to speak up for the Lord they know there is the risk of a mob attacking them or the government swooping down upon them. Their true commitment to the Lord is clear while ours hasn't been tested so we don't yet know who among us will stand true in face of serious persecution, who will fade away, or even who may betray Christ and us.

Now is the time to count the cost, decide where we want to stand and prepare ourselves in the Lord for that day.

Thank you for waveringly speaking the truth!  A day is coming soon( in USA) that we will be unable to speak the truth without certain persecution and harm as there is in other areas of the world, even so, the truth of the Bible must be spoken..  

Quote scripture that is where the real power comes from.

John 8:31-32 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. 

Article Categories

About Us

Since 2001, Online Baptist has been an Independent Baptist website, and we exclusively use the King James Version of the Bible. We pride ourselves on a community that uplifts the Lord.

Contact Us

You can contact us using the following link. Contact Us or for questions regarding this website please contact @pastormatt or email James Foley at jfoley@sisqtel.net

Android App

Online Baptist has a custom App for all android users. You can download it from the Google Play store or click the following icon.