• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Yet Another Reason To Avoid Disney

• Members

They've come a long way. Walt Disney himself was a man who never swore or laughed at dirty jokes.

Disney owns ABC, Lucasfilm, Pixar, Hollywood Records, Touchstone Pictures, ESPN, A&E Network, The Military Channel, The History Channel, H2, Lifetime Network, LMN (they show all the raunchy movies for women), Times Square Studios, WABC-New York, Hyperion Books, Playdom, Marvel Studios, Marvel Comics, and a slew of other companies, hotels, parks, cruise lines, radio, recording, publishers, etc. plus hundreds, if not thousands, of other holdings around the world.

Disney is responsible for the movie Dogma which is one of the most blasphemous pieces of garbage ever put out by Hollywood.

There is nothing innocent about Disney anymore.

Edited by ASongOfDegrees

• Members

Unfortunately many parents don't realize just how corrupt Disney is. I've known of Christian parents who have went out of their way to make sure they have the Disney Channel for their children (not to mention the many more non-Christian parents who do that). Most have no clue what their children are watching. They use the TV as a babysitter and think parking them in front of Disney or Nickolodean is safe.

I don't watch much TV so it often really hits me a good one when I visit my sister and see and hear some of the garbage on TV these days. So many shows have homosexual characters, if a dad is even in the show he's typically bumbling moron, the mom's are either not real bright or they go along with the children so they are "cool", not only is teen dating and "romance" heavily featured, but even pre-teen now, and the language they use and clothes they wear!

Even the Disney and other movies that are called family friendly these days, and that many Christians flock to with their children, are filled with potty humor and sexual innuendo.

For us, all this means more time to read! Yet even if we don't watch it, we end up hearing about it from all those who do and it influences other children and parents, so even avoiding it ourselves doesn't keep all the bad of it away.

• Members

The fingerprints of spiritual wickedness have been all over this company since its inception. It's no accident that Jesus Christ is completely absent from their long list of titles while magic is the prevalent theme. The lack of discernment among believers is colossal regarding the subject of “final days” media. I know many believers that embrace this abominable corporation.

2 Corinthians 6:17  Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,

18  And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

• Moderators

Well, Disney was a top-level Mason, so, big surprise the company is known for trying to influence the world for the worst.

For those who didn't know that, thee are a couple hints to the fact of his masonic status: the little-known "Club 33" at Disneyland, located in an otherwise unaccessible building in New Orlean Square, and the fact that Disney is buried in plot #33 at, I believe Forest Lawn Cemetary. 33 is the highest level in the Scottish Rites Freemason lodge.  The Eurpoean Freemasons go higher than that.

• Members

Such a shame...I've been uneasey about Disney since they started doing all of the live action TV shows that are supposed to be family friendly but promote the world the same as every other network.  The only difference is the age of the characters, which I think is far worse.  Now that I have young kids of my own (16 months and T-4 months) I've been paying more attention to what Disney is doing and I'm just aghast.  Similarly, Nickelodeon, which I thought was great when I was a child has done the same thing.  There really isn't much being produced that is truly kid-safe, or otherwise wholesome for that matter, anymore.  I'm glad my son would rather be outside than in because there won't be much TV going on in our house.  We've decided to give cable the boot and just keep some of the old stuff on hand. 

• Members

I grew with Disney in its early years.  My Christian Aunt and Uncle never took their kids to Disney and now I see why.  We do not let the kids watch their wicked channels or movies.  My youngest has never been but the other two have.  

ALL of the popular children's networks are as wicked as the world.  

• Members

Consider God’s warning to the Jews in Deuteronomy 18:9-12 in light of this (longer than expected) post.

I’ve spoken with brethren (many times) that cannot relate to my dogmatic stance against Hollywood. I’ve heard statements like, “But we only allow Disney and the Learning Channel...” (yeah right). Because of this thread, I took an hour to solidify my stance on Disney so I can do a better job of defending my views to what I call “Blockbuster video Christians.” This information will help some and undoubtedly fall on deaf ears to most.

So, if you’re a witch, I’ve listed some movies below that should appeal to your family (since Jesus Christ is entirely absent from them). If you’re a “Blockbuster video Christian,” they may be fitting since films with sugar-coated occultism are an acceptable in your home.

Basic search engine research:

I searched Disney.com and the name Jesus and received this response: “Your search did not match any documents.” However, searching with occult terminology such as vampire, wizard, witch, magic, spirits, sorcerer, devil, demons, etc. yields more results than time permits to include.

Here’s just a small portion of that Disney content with occult themes:

1. My Babysitter's A Vampire
Link: disneychannel.disney.com/my-babysitters-a-vampire‎
Ethan is about to find out that his 17 year old “babe-o-sitter,” Sarah, is not just a hottie, she's a fledgling VAMPIRE!

2. Wizards of Waverly Place
Link: disneychannel.disney.com/wizards-of-waverly-place‎
Alex, Justin and Max Russo are wizards in training trying to balance ordinary lives while learning to master their powers.

3. Escape to Witch Mountain
Link: movies.disney.com/escape-to-witch-mountain‎
Thrilling fantasy adventure about two young orphans whose psychic powers interest an evil millionaire out to exploit their abilities.

4. Twitches
Link: movies.disney.com/twitches‎ Twin witches Alex and Camryn, who were separated at birth, reunite on their 21st birthday and discover that their unusual powers double in strength when together.

5. Hocus Pocus
Link: movies.disney.com/hocus-pocus‎
You're in for a devil of a time when three outlandishly wild witches return from 17th-century Salem after they're accidentally conjured up by some unsuspecting pranksters!

6. The Secret of the Magic Gourd
Link: movies.disney.com/the-secret-of-the-magic-gourd‎
With the ability to grant any and every wish, The Magic Gourd attempts to make all of a boy's dreams come true.

7. Spirited Away
Link: movies.disney.com/spirited-away‎
A young girl, Chihiro, becomes trapped in a strange new world of spirits. When her parents undergo a mysterious transformation, she must call upon the courage

8. Aladdin
Link: movies.disney.com/aladdin‎
Aladdin's life changes with one rub of a magic lamp when a Genie appears and grants him three wishes.

9. The Sorcerer's Apprentice
Link: movies.disney.com/the-sorcerers-apprentice‎
When a seemingly average kid show hidden potential, Balthazar takes his reluctant recruit on a crash course in the art and science of magic

10. Bedknobs and Broomsticks
Link: movies.disney.com/bedknobs-and-broomsticks‎
The enchanting story of an amateur witch who, with three precocious orphans, flies into fantastic adventures aboard a magical bed.

11. Super Buddies
Link: buddies.disney.com/super-buddies‎
...discover mysterious rings that grant them each a unique super power.

12. The Devil and Max Devlin
Link: movies.disney.com/the-devil-and-max-devlin‎
When ruthless landlord Max Devlin is struck by a bus, he meets a diabolical "soul manager" with an offer he can't refuse.

13. Frankenweenie
Link: movies.disney.com/frankenweenie
When a car hits young Victor's pet dog Sparky, Victor decides to bring him back to life the only way he knows how. But when the bolt-necked "monster" wreaks havoc and terror…

Imagery from this movie:

Frankenweenie-main.jpg

9E2E10F9BAC64883CA497943666486_h498_w598

Frankenweenie-2.jpg

Deuteronomy 18:9 When thou art come into the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations.
10  There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch,
11  Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.
12  For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee.

• Members

We must guard our hearts, minds, and eye, and ear gates carefully.  No sense to leave an opening, even a sliver, for the devil to gain a foot hold in our lives.

Your post was well written and aligns with the truth of God's Word.

Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life. 

• Members

Amen!

It's extremely difficult, sometimes impossible, to cast out of thought those bad things that have entered our minds. I've still got songs, commercials, TV shows and movies in my mind from the 60s and 70s that seem to love to pop up in my thoughts, sometimes for no apparent reason. I was mowing today, trying to think on a some verses of Scripture and suddenly this song from the late 60s or early 70s was running through my mind!

I've got way more than enough junk in my brain, I don't need to add any more to it!

I've been trying to saturate my mind with the things of God by keeping preaching going on my computer 24/7, spending more time in the Word and prayer, reading sound Christian books, listening to biblical hymns, studying through a couple of devotionals.

It's amazing how much more effort it takes to get godly things to take root and be at the front of the mind rather when junk I took in decades ago which took root without effort and seems to have lifetime seats at the front row of my mind.

Such a key verse! Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

• Moderators

Consider God’s warning to the Jews in Deuteronomy 18:9-12 in light of this (longer than expected) post.

I’ve spoken with brethren (many times) that cannot relate to my dogmatic stance against Hollywood. I’ve heard statements like, “But we only allow Disney and the Learning Channel...” (yeah right). Because of this thread, I took an hour to solidify my stance on Disney so I can do a better job of defending my views to what I call “Blockbuster video Christians.” This information will help some and undoubtedly fall on deaf ears to most.

So, if you’re a witch, I’ve listed some movies below that should appeal to your family (since Jesus Christ is entirely absent from them). If you’re a “Blockbuster video Christian,” they may be fitting since films with sugar-coated occultism are an acceptable in your home.

Basic search engine research:

I searched Disney.com and the name Jesus and received this response: “Your search did not match any documents.” However, searching with occult terminology such as vampire, wizard, witch, magic, spirits, sorcerer, devil, demons, etc. yields more results than time permits to include.

Here’s just a small portion of that Disney content with occult themes:

1. My Babysitter's A Vampire
Link: disneychannel.disney.com/my-babysitters-a-vampire‎
Ethan is about to find out that his 17 year old “babe-o-sitter,” Sarah, is not just a hottie, she's a fledgling VAMPIRE!

2. Wizards of Waverly Place
Link: disneychannel.disney.com/wizards-of-waverly-place‎
Alex, Justin and Max Russo are wizards in training trying to balance ordinary lives while learning to master their powers.

3. Escape to Witch Mountain
Link: movies.disney.com/escape-to-witch-mountain‎
Thrilling fantasy adventure about two young orphans whose psychic powers interest an evil millionaire out to exploit their abilities.

4. Twitches
Link: movies.disney.com/twitches‎ Twin witches Alex and Camryn, who were separated at birth, reunite on their 21st birthday and discover that their unusual powers double in strength when together.

5. Hocus Pocus
Link: movies.disney.com/hocus-pocus‎
You're in for a devil of a time when three outlandishly wild witches return from 17th-century Salem after they're accidentally conjured up by some unsuspecting pranksters!

6. The Secret of the Magic Gourd
Link: movies.disney.com/the-secret-of-the-magic-gourd‎
With the ability to grant any and every wish, The Magic Gourd attempts to make all of a boy's dreams come true.

7. Spirited Away
Link: movies.disney.com/spirited-away‎
A young girl, Chihiro, becomes trapped in a strange new world of spirits. When her parents undergo a mysterious transformation, she must call upon the courage

8. Aladdin
Link: movies.disney.com/aladdin‎
Aladdin's life changes with one rub of a magic lamp when a Genie appears and grants him three wishes.

9. The Sorcerer's Apprentice
Link: movies.disney.com/the-sorcerers-apprentice‎
When a seemingly average kid show hidden potential, Balthazar takes his reluctant recruit on a crash course in the art and science of magic

10. Bedknobs and Broomsticks
Link: movies.disney.com/bedknobs-and-broomsticks‎
The enchanting story of an amateur witch who, with three precocious orphans, flies into fantastic adventures aboard a magical bed.

11. Super Buddies
Link: buddies.disney.com/super-buddies‎
...discover mysterious rings that grant them each a unique super power.

12. The Devil and Max Devlin
Link: movies.disney.com/the-devil-and-max-devlin‎
When ruthless landlord Max Devlin is struck by a bus, he meets a diabolical "soul manager" with an offer he can't refuse.

13. Frankenweenie
Link: movies.disney.com/frankenweenie
When a car hits young Victor's pet dog Sparky, Victor decides to bring him back to life the only way he knows how. But when the bolt-necked "monster" wreaks havoc and terror…

Imagery from this movie:

Frankenweenie-main.jpg

9E2E10F9BAC64883CA497943666486_h498_w598

Frankenweenie-2.jpg

Deuteronomy 18:9 When thou art come into the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations.
10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch,
11 Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.
12 For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee.

That's quite the list! Don't forget Fantasia, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast - most of the Disney classic collection.

The occult is so popular nowadays. It seems that all the books in the teen library collection deal with either dysfunctional families, futuristic dystopias, or some form of fantasy/occult.