• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Yet Another Reason To Avoid Disney

• Administrators

I think one of the reasons so many parents "trust" Disney is because they grew up with it and don't realize that it's worse (even thought it's really always been unbiblical)...

Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella are two of Disney's earliest offerings, and remain some of its most popular.  In them, "good" overcomes "evil", but the good is always magic...

Desensitization happens over time.  "Fantasy" is fun to many who grew up on Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, etc. My sister's first husband mocked us when we refused to allow them to buy books like The Sorcerer's Apprentice, etc., for our son when he was young. He didn't (and still doesn't, although he got saved later) understand.  He was lost...sadly, many Christians don't understand and allow their children to watch, thus continuing the desensitization so that they accept demonism.

And let's not forget all of those "funny" movies where the man is pictured as being less intelligent than the woman and kids...

• 2 years later...
  • Members

It's sad how something as well-known as Disney can be so dangerous for Christians. Though I feel that this sadness maybe more of a selfish kind since I feel like I'm more depressed that I can't watch the stuff anymore. 

Edited by Antonio