• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

O'bama

irishman

• Members

Irish tradition includes a liking of limericks.  Here's one that I hope makes Facebook and gets wide acclaim.

There once was a man named Obama,

Who was raised in Hawaii by "mamma";

He grew in obscurity,

With little security,

and now WE suffer his trauma!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Umm... not trying to be all righteous here or anything, but its really bothers me to see you all mocking Obama so.  I'm quite sure he deserves it, but it doesn't reflect well for Christians to be speaking so of anyone - much less your leader.   Just sayin'...

• Moderators

So if I don't vote for someone, I don't have to honor them as head of my country? Be lovely if it worked that way, but I don't think it does.  That's a wee bit beside my point, anyways. As Christians, should we be mocking anybody? 

• Members

Was it right for Jesus to call the Syrophonecian woman a dog?
Or for Elijah to mock the prophets of Ba'al on Mount Carmel?

There are many times in the Bible where the heathen are mocked. 

Seriously though, we are to honor those who God places in authority over us.  But I do not recognize Obama as God-placed authority.  The authority God puts over us that we are to obey and honor are terrors to the evil and not to the good.  It is clear Obama is a terror to the good and allied with the evil.

Romans 13:7 Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.

• Moderators

Was it right for Jesus to call the Syrophonecian woman a dog?
Or for Elijah to mock the prophets of Ba'al on Mount Carmel?

See, the problem with responding with those examples, is that I read it as you saying 'Jesus did such-and-such, so I can do the same thing.'  However, neither you, I, nor anyone else on these forums is perfectly Christ-like in our actions, attitudes, motives, what-have-you. I don't believe that just because Christ did a particular thing means that we automatically get to do the same thing. Cause we mess it up.

Romans 13:7 Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.

The government Paul was speaking under was the Roman government. They certainly were not a godly government, and they upheld evil and persecuted good. I mean, hey - they killed Christians for worshipping Christ alone! Our governments aren't even quite that bad yet. If Paul could tell the early believers to be subject to (so much as possible) & honor their corrupt government, we are certainly bound to honor ours. 

• Members

See, the problem with responding with those examples, is that I read it as you saying 'Jesus did such-and-such, so I can do the same thing.'  However, neither you, I, nor anyone else on these forums is perfectly Christ-like in our actions, attitudes, motives, what-have-you. I don't believe that just because Christ did a particular thing means that we automatically get to do the same thing. Cause we mess it up.

The government Paul was speaking under was the Roman government. They certainly were not a godly government, and they upheld evil and persecuted good. I mean, hey - they killed Christians for worshipping Christ alone! Our governments aren't even quite that bad yet. If Paul could tell the early believers to be subject to (so much as possible) & honor their corrupt government, we are certainly bound to honor ours. 

Paul was not telling the Christians to honor the evil roman government.  He said give honor where honor is due.  He showed the authority he was speaking of to be terrors to the evil and not the good.

Romans 13:3-4 For rulers are not a terror to good works, (Obama is) but to the evil. (Obama isn't) Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same: For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.

The authority God sets up is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that does evil.  When is the last time you read in your papers that Obama ordered the prosecution of those who run abortion clinics?  When was it written in the media that Obama executed judgment against the evil that the sodomites so blatantly display in their Pride Parades?

Did you know that Obama mocks God's Word?  Do you really think God places in position of authority over His people today someone who is against HIm?  No, God did not place Obama in his seat of power... man did.  A nation who has turned its back on God and does what seems right in its own eyes has chosen them a king to rule over them.

Though I live in America, that man in the White House is not my authority.  I bow to a Higher Power and a Higher Authority who bears not the sword of God in vain.

• Members

Luk 4:6  "And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it

Satan also sets men up in power.  .

I believe that the Lord would have us to respect authority, the office He ordained, but not every man that is put in office by the worldly humanists. 

Anyway, I wish to be an offense to none, therefore I will post no more about our leaders in this fashion (unless I can find something good about them!) :biggrin:

spelling errors again!

• Members

Umm... not trying to be all righteous here or anything, but its really bothers me to see you all mocking Obama so.  I'm quite sure he deserves it, but it doesn't reflect well for Christians to be speaking so of anyone - much less your leader.   Just sayin'...

That's true, its really the opposite of how the Bible tells us to be.

1Ti 2:1 ¶ I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
1Ti 2:2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
1Ti 2:3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;

This topic is making fun, mocking, & more like a none Christians forum would do. Sadly many in our country do not show no respect for the one in the office of president while calling him names while giving him new names.

• Members

That's true, its really the opposite of how the Bible tells us to be.

1Ti 2:1 ¶ I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
1Ti 2:2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
1Ti 2:3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;

This topic is making fun, mocking, & more like a none Christians forum would do. Sadly many in our country do not show no respect for the one in the office of president while calling him names while giving him new names.

Followers of Christ are called to pray for those in leadership, show them respect, and shine the light of Christ.

Archived