• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Jail Ministry

irishman

• Members

Just received an email from the state rep for Michigan prison system.  Here is the important part of it:

In May we had a good month with 51 volunteers helping us in the different facilities in Michigan.  With that many helpers we were able to have 41 services, with 734 inmates attending and 167 saved.  Praise the Lord!

Two of our men in our church have volunteered to coordinate two prisons--line up workers, and handle the scheduling.  We praise the Lord for faithful servants.

• Members

Just received an email from the state rep for Michigan prison system.  Here is the important part of it:

In May we had a good month with 51 volunteers helping us in the different facilities in Michigan.  With that many helpers we were able to have 41 services, with 734 inmates attending and 167 saved.  Praise the Lord!

Two of our men in our church have volunteered to coordinate two prisons--line up workers, and handle the scheduling.  We praise the Lord for faithful servants.

Sounds like a wonderful opportunity to fulfill the work that God has left us on this earth to do.  I had some family members reached in this way, they heard the Gospel and for a time it looked like they would repent.  In fact for a short period they avoided their old ways but the flesh was weak.  Nevertheless they heard the truth.

• Members

I know that "jail house religion" has a bad reputation, but I am convinced that at least some get the real thing. 

I am no longer involved in it.  I was banned from the local county jail because I would not "back off" on the KJB.  Now, for health reasons, I cannot be a part of the state penns,  In fact, I can no longer go door to door soul winning, but I sure can pray for those who do!  Anna did that too!

Luk 2:36  And there was one Anna, a prophetess, the daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe of Aser: she was of a great age, and had lived with an husband seven years from her virginity;
Luk 2:37  And she was a widow of about fourscore and four years, which departed not from the temple, but served God with fastings and prayers night and day.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Our Lord opened up a jail ministry for me about two years ago.  I can tell you it is a special time each Sunday afternoon. Sometimes I may have one, or I may have as many as 11, but God never fails to show up. Souls are saved EVERY week! It's just me and our Lord and when it comes to decision time God blesses.

• Members

Our Lord opened up a jail ministry for me about two years ago.  I can tell you it is a special time each Sunday afternoon. Sometimes I may have one, or I may have as many as 11, but God never fails to show up. Souls are saved EVERY week! It's just me and our Lord and when it comes to decision time God blesses.

Praise the Lord!  God will save anyone!

• Members

My buddy was tossed out of the prison ministry in Michigan for preaching the Gospel.  Glad to hear that the Word of God is being allowed in again.  Before it was run by a Presbyterian and he ran off all the true christians in his area of influence.

• Members

I too was "asked to leave" the county jail here (Michigan) because I would not compromise on the KJB.  I preached (taught) the Gospel once a week, and saw several saved, but now I am ineffective because of the "Baptist" chaplain.

• Members

My buddy was tossed out of the prison ministry in Michigan for preaching the Gospel.  Glad to hear that the Word of God is being allowed in again.  Before it was run by a Presbyterian and he ran off all the true christians in his area of influence.

My Baptist pastor years ago saw his prison ministry ended when there was a change in who ran that aspect for the State. A Charismatic got that position and he used it to push out most Christian ministries which were not of the Charismatic sort. Our pastor was told his teaching was too narrow and offensive.

I encountered some flak for using the KJB but I never allowed it to turn argumentative or distract from what I was there to do, and that was to share the Gospel, help folks come to Christ and help disciple those in Christ.

• Members

Have a cousin who was saved several times in prison.  This time, it seems for real though he's been led astray down the ecumenical, rock-n-roll path.

Never knew you could be saved more than once.

• Members

Nobody can!  But each time he was put away for a time, he would get "religion", and when freed, continue to live like the devil.    

That happens a lot.  They think it will impress the judge when they go to trial, but it only makes Christians look bad.  The Judge?  He hears it all the time, and brushes it off as an "apple for the teacher".

Archived