• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Any Windows 7 Geeks

JerryNumbers

• Members

I have Windows professional  7, until today I never had a problem with Windows Live Mail. I suppose I've been using it since I got this computer about 3 years back. Its worked just fine no a problem, until today.

At about 1:30 PM today my Verizon USB modem connection was dead. Since it came back to life my Windows Live Mail will not send or receive emails.

I did try booting my computer, it changed nothing

Anytime I click on 'send receive' a small window comes up saying, Your working offline would you like to go online, I click yes. 

As soon as I do this the Windows Live Mail task window opens saying. 'The process of requested task was interrupted. Please review the list of errors below.

There are no errors shown.

Them i remember today I installed a windows update, so I did a System Restore, after which my Windows Live Mail worked.

This is the update.
Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 10 for Windows 7 Service Pack 1 for x64-based Systems (KB2829530)

Anyone else with such a problem?

• Members

I have Windows professional  7, until today I never had a problem with Windows Live Mail. I suppose I've been using it since I got this computer about 3 years back. Its worked just fine no a problem, until today.

At about 1:30 PM today my Verizon USB modem connection was dead. Since it came back to life my Windows Live Mail will not send or receive emails.

Anytime I click on 'send receive' a small window comes up saying, Your working offline would you like to go online, I click yes. 

As soon as I do this the Windows Live Mail task window opens saying. 'The process of requested task was interrupted. Please review the list of errors below.

Them i remember today I installed a windows update, so I did a System Restore, after which my Windows Live Mail worked.

This is the update.
Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 10 for Windows 7 Service Pack 1 for x64-based Systems (KB2829530)

I have Windows 7 home and recently my laptop, and have been using IE 64 bit just for my online banking, using Chrome for everything else.  After a recent update, I lost IE 64 and also Microsoft Office starter which I used.  I did a system restore on retried them but IE 64 bit lost my band user no, and Office starter would not recognise that I was online.  (You have to be online to use that.)  I downloaded an update of office starter from PC Adviser but that would not do a repair as it thought I was not online.  Gave up at that point and installed Office 2007 which I still had 2 PCs that I could add it to.   Windows mail disappeared from my laptop soon after I bought it so I down loaded Thunderbird and use that all the time.  

• Members

This is the update.

For whatever reason it sounds like your Windows Live Mail was reconfigured after you lost your connection. Go to Windows Live Email and see if it's configured as you default email.

• Members

Yes, i did that, all setting were proper, & I read in an Microsoft forum several people that all different type of problems with this update & no one seems to have a fix for it.

That is the 1st Windows update that has ever caused me any problems. Thought I woudl wait several days & try again.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

I have had nothing but problems with Windows 8 ever since I got it. Bugs and glitches galore. Many of them I was able to fix myself, but most of the problems with Live Mess and the audio buffering issues have had me pulling my hair out. Windows 8 is the only system that tries to run 2 Flash Player versions at once. Normally you just go into "about:plugins" and disable the older versions if they are left by behind during an update, but not W8.  And, the BIOS interface is a complete mess. I can't count how many times I have had to manually update the firmware, only to have it revert back to the previous version after restarting, with no trace of the file extensions from the upgraded firmware.

Never had these problems before W7-8.

If anyone is thinking about upgrading to W7-8, DON'T.

Archived