• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Refuting The April 2009 Baptist Challenge...

• Members

Becoming......  The opening post was contentious.....

in your opinion, but Scripture proves me correct.

The opening post was addressing the fact that there is a false doctrine that is being taught by Moser and others that cannot be supported by Scripture.

Are we supposed to turn our eyes when false doctrine is being taught? Or are we to proclaim the truth?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You've made the bold accusation that I am "standinginflesh", now prove that I am standing in flesh.

Obviously, you cannot prove your un-Christlike accusation any more than your unScriptural monetary tithe.

As a matter of fact, your posts reveals that it is you who is "standinginflesh". You have no Scripture to prove my stance on tithing wrong, so since you are unable to Scripturally attack the message, you resort to attacking the messenger instead.

Galatians 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

It was stated in the past that my teaching on the Lord's tithe was "sowing discord among the brethren," and therefore, an abominable act.

If it is, then every single preacher that stands behind a pulpit is guilty of committing "abominable acts."  Every preacher delivers a sermon that, as we coin it, "steps on toes."  Every preacher, at one point or another, sows discord among the brethren. 

That is, if preaching or teaching the truth is sowing discord.  I contend that it is not.  The unScriptural tithe being taught in the Churches may be though.

You cavil again betrays your anger and pride. Quote a post of mine where I advocated that anyone tithe. Your prattling on and on about the tithe to me is a non issue. I have simply stated what I have personally determined in my heart to do. That stands between myself and the Lord. You sir are no counselor of mine. Your advice to me on my giving will be promptly ignored. It is obvious you have no heart for it. You would send the laborer into the field without his hire. You have stated as plainly in other threads.

You have bragged about not taking an offering, as if it is some stamp of superior spirituality with the Lord. Yet the church you pastored obviously had collections of some sort or else how did they pay the bills? To state otherwise is incredulous. You stated that all tithes were abolished with the ordinances, that the law has been done away with. So again I ask you, based upon your own conclusion that no Christian is to obey the law, is lying a part of the law? Is adultery an edict of the law? Is thievery a decree from God´s law? Your own bumbling and poor exegesis has led you into an obvious foolish predicament. My question is not foolish, your position is.

Perhaps the thread will be locked as threatened. My only desire is that in future readings the honest soul will see that this charlatan is exposed for what he is.

Give the Lord his due, and the issue of tithing seems pale in comparison, unless like Judas of old, your desire to keep the bag for yourself.

• Moderators

Many questions (though not all) asked have been sidestepped by several parties (though not all), the response to several requests to tone things down (in several places in this thread) have resulted in contention over who has been contentious. This is not in response to the current set of posts, but rather to the obviousness that this thread WILL NOT be able to be brought to a civil discussion.

I am locking the thread, if you dispute the move take it up with BroMatt.

My suggestion is that EVERYONE let the subject rest a while before starting it up in another thread.

Archived