• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Refuting The April 2009 Baptist Challenge...

• Members

PS.

I am shocked that the majority of you as well clam up under this yokels hog wash. It´s truly disappointing.

I don't think it's so much clamming up as it is being wearied with arguing with him over this subject. This isn't the first time he's harped on the evils of tithing. 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh I have no doubt that it involved a little more than food. This man is  falling down in opinions, not standing in Christ. His ilk are always the same. They never answer a a questions straight up. I asked if the big three were abolished and he clammed up. Just like I knew he would. So according to his logic, we can lie, rob and cheat on our wives, it´s all good, those ordinances were abolished don´t ya know!!

God bless,
calvary

PS.
I am shocked that the majority of you as well clam up under this yokels hog wash. It´s truly disappointing.

you accuse me of clamming up when asked a foolish questio? What a joke.

Where is your proof that the Church is to tithe? Now that is a wise question that, no doubt, you will either clam up on or spin a verse in the New Testament that isn't even speaking of tithing to agree with the monetary tithe.

You claim I am contentious, yet you yourself appear to be contentious.

• Members

Numbers 18:1-20 was not speaking of tithes. It was speaking of a different offering than the tithe. The tithe begins in verse 21...a totally different subject than the previous verses in the Chapter.

How do I come to this conclusion, you may ask?

By rightly dividing the Word of Truth.

Leviticus 27:33 reveals that of the livestock that was tithed, the tenth animal to pass under the rod was the tithe... Not the first.

In Numbers 18:15, unclean beasts could be redeemed whereas the livestock tithe could not be redeemed.

15 Every thing that openeth the matrix in all flesh, which they bring unto the LORD, whether it be of men or beasts, shall be thine: nevertheless the firstborn of man shalt thou surely redeem, and the firstling of unclean beasts shalt thou redeem.

33 He shall not search whether it be good or bad, neither shall he change it: and if he change it at all, then both it and the change thereof shall be holy; it shall not be redeemed.

Numbers 18:1-20 is not speaking of tithing.

Numbers 18:31 And ye shall eat it in every place, ye and your households: for it is your reward for your service in the tabernacle of the congregation.

If the tithe were more than food, God telling Aaron the Israelites shall eat the tithe would not make sense.  Sorry ASoD, but the tithe was food.

• Members

Where is your proof that the Church is to tithe? Now that is a wise question that, no doubt, you will either clam up on or spin a verse in the New Testament that isn't even speaking of tithing to agree with the monetary tithe.

You obviously have severe reading comprehension problems. I have not advocated anyone tithe nor was I ever proving that a Christian should, could or ought to tithe.

You are adept at straw men arguments, your pride blinds you and failure to listen to what people are really saying is what leads to your obvious confusion and caviling.

You stated that a man should do what he believes he should as far as monetary giving is concerned. You stated that it is an issue of the heart. I merely stated that my heart leads me to tithe and give offerings on a regular basis. You however claim to know the Lord´s will for me in this area. How haughty!! How high minded of you!!

You however mock my hearts purpose and resort to bragging about what you do or don´t. You a smug and prideful man. You act as if your knowledge somehow leads you ¿to a superior spirituality, or a higher moral ground. Tithing or not tithing is nothing as far as the Lord is concerned. You suggest that the Lord is displeased with my giving. You suggest that somehow my giving is disobedience.

You are a  sad example of someone who has led a flock of God´s people. I almost pity the people who sat under your prideful ministry. I thank my God that I was not subjected to your twisted principles that will stand on letter before spirit.

I couldn´t refrain myself any longer reading this hypocrites posts. What was really amazing is that some of you actually looked at his posts as reasonable. Are your discerners broken??

I would run a contentious man such as standingforflesh out of my flock and say good riddance. Mark those that cause division.

• Members

I would run a contentious man such as standingforflesh out of my flock and say good riddance. Mark those that cause division.

Brother,

Agreed, and that is what I did that last week when I found out the bitter root of anger for SFIC was that he was already kicked out of a church for teaching this.  In my opinion as well the best thing to do is mark and separate.  SFIC stands on dangerous ground.  

• Members

Brother,

Agreed, and that is what I did that last week when I found out the bitter root of anger for SFIC was that he was already kicked out of a church for teaching this.  In my opinion as well the best thing to do is mark and separate.  SFIC stands on dangerous ground.  

Those who oppress Christians with a tithe that God's Word never endorsed stand on dangerous ground. 

• Members

Using Scripture, please respond to these six questions:

1. What was the purpose of the tithe?

2. What did the tithe consist of?

3. Was the tithe of Abraham the same as the Levitical tithe?

4. When was the Levitical priesthood abolished?

5. Was the tithe one of the 613 commandments of the Mosaic Law?

6. In the NT church epistles, please show us where the apostles taught that the NT believer is supposed to tithe.  So far, nobody has posted one verse from the NT church epistles where this is taught.  Then you say that SFIC is standing on "dangerous ground"?  Wow!

• Members

You've made the bold accusation that I am "standinginflesh", now prove that I am standing in flesh.

Obviously, you cannot prove your un-Christlike accusation any more than your unScriptural monetary tithe.

As a matter of fact, your posts reveals that it is you who is "standinginflesh". You have no Scripture to prove my stance on tithing wrong, so since you are unable to Scripturally attack the message, you resort to attacking the messenger instead.

Galatians 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

It was stated in the past that my teaching on the Lord's tithe was "sowing discord among the brethren," and therefore, an abominable act.

If it is, then every single preacher that stands behind a pulpit is guilty of committing "abominable acts."  Every preacher delivers a sermon that, as we coin it, "steps on toes."  Every preacher, at one point or another, sows discord among the brethren. 

That is, if preaching or teaching the truth is sowing discord.  I contend that it is not.  The unScriptural tithe being taught in the Churches may be though.

Archived