• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

So Who Teaches The Tithe Is Necessary?

DaveW

• Members

Personally, I was asked by a few members to teach about giving and tithing several years ago.

in a basic sense, over several evenings I taught that tithing is not commanded for NT saints.

I said that it set AN EXAMPLE which was honouring to God to follow, but was not necessary, nor commanded, nor should it be 'enforced' in any way.

I actually do not personally know of any IFB preacher who teaches it is necessary.

So, who here actually does think that a tithe is a NT necessity?

By the way I do know of a few different churches that actually enforce it - one gets copies of payslips and direct debits the accounts!!!!!!!!
wrong on so many levels.

False premise?

I stated my position, asked a question, and gave an example which I think we would all agree is way overstepping the mark.

I presented no premise at all.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Maybe in the future something like this would be best done as a poll. Just a suggestion....with a request not to discuss? I dunno.

I thought about that..... Afterwards..........

• Members

You can always lock the topic and start a poll.... :th_popout:

I browse on mobile and I don't seem to have the lock option. Go right ahead and lock it. It was never meant to be another tithe argument thread.
It was always to try to show that even those who do teach tithe, do so not of Necessity but from the heart.
The overriding principle surely is that God loves a cheerful giver, and if you are not Giving cheerfully then it doesn't honour God no matter how much nor what you call it.

• Administrators

I browse on mobile and I don't seem to have the lock option. Go right ahead and lock it. It was never meant to be another tithe argument thread.
It was always to try to show that even those who do teach tithe, do so not of Necessity but from the heart.
The overriding principle surely is that God loves a cheerful giver, and if you are not Giving cheerfully then it doesn't honour God no matter how much nor what you call it.

Locked as requested. 

Archived