• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

JerryNumbers

Secretary Sebelius, Stop Hiding Behind Bureaucratic Rules And Save A Child’S Life

Secretary Sebelius, stop hiding behind bureaucratic rules and save a child’s life 

"Many are calling on Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius to allow Sarah Murnaghan, a 10-year-old girl dying of cystic fibrosis, to be allowed on the adult organ transplant list.  According to current federal policy, the minimum age for her to be included on the list is 12. Currently, Sarah cannot receive an adult lung transplant until the available organs are offered to adult patients first."

What is the right thing to do? Of course it will be hard to decided because prejudices will be in our mind. We probably all have the image of this 10 year old in our mind & we can't help but feel for her.

And any decision made will place more value on one life that another life. That is if they rule she can go on the adult list & be ahead of everyone on that list that will give her an opportunity to get a lung before any of them.

Likely who ever is on the top of the adult list probably has friends & family that loves them dearly & perhaps they've been on this list for a while working their way to the top by just waiting patiently.

I once knew a young mother that died from cystic fibrosis. Her & her husband, I knew him from his birth, use to stop in my country store to buy meats. I still remember when their child was born, it was so cute & they seemed to love it so much. All the time she & her husband knew she would not live to see her baby grow up without new lungs. She was so kind & friendly & did not get a new lung. Perhaps the top person on the adult list is person much like her.

Some decisions are truly hard to make, deciding who lives.

If they allow one child on the adult list, then why not all? That's the problem. Why should only she be placed ahead on list? If Obummer gets his way the transplant recipient list will lessen dramatically given his healthcare teams objectives unfortunately. 

If they allow one child on the adult list, then why not all? That's the problem. Why should only she be placed ahead on list? If Obummer gets his way the transplant recipient list will lessen dramatically given his healthcare teams objectives unfortunately. 

She has five weeks to live and she's 10 years old, that's why. I would think that the right thing to do is try to save her life. The doctors are willing but the feminist bureaucrat is not.

Also, "the list" is not the issue. What is the issue is she was considered to young for the transplant although the doctors said they could probably make it work.

Edited by ASongOfDegrees

Comrade Secretary Sebelius is doing the right thing in her mind.  The child is a parasite and doesn't contribute to society.  An adult can vote Democrat, pay union dues, be forced to buy Obamacare and is a source of taxation.  The working adult is much more valuable to the Statist than a child or the elderly or the infirm.

Comrade Secretary Sebelius is doing the right thing in her mind.  The child is a parasite and doesn't contribute to society.  An adult can vote Democrat, pay union dues, be forced to buy Obamacare and is a source of taxation.  The working adult is much more valuable to the Statist than a child or the elderly or the infirm.

I believe Hitler had the same beliefs. Same as this administration.

Them again, maybe there will be many organs for transplanting.

From what I've read it has nothing to do with "a list". It has to do with her being too young for the lungs although the doctors said it might still work. 

In my opinion Sibelius is testing the waters to see how people will react to the Death Panels when they are implemented. She's setting the precedent. So far it seems most Americans don't care.

Also, as a feminist, she might be trying to prove that she can be just as heartless as any man and not get emotional over the situation like a woman might get. She's more afraid of being accused of a stereotype than actually helping a little girl. I've read a study that women in power will go out of their way to be inflexible and unreasonable in order to create the impression that they can be just as hardcore as the men and that they won't be pushed around. 

Proverbs 3:27-

[27] Withhold not good from them to whom it is due, when it is in the power of thine hand to do it.

Provers 24:11,12-

[11] If thou forbear to deliver them that are drawn unto death, and those that are ready to be slain;

[12] If thou sayest, Behold, we knew it not; doth not he that pondereth the heart consider it? and he that keepeth thy soul, doth not he know it? and shall not he render to every man according to his works?

Edited by ASongOfDegrees

Yes he did.  All Statists believe this way.  Mao, Stalin, Lenin, Kruschev, Roosevelt, Johnson, Obama, Kim Jung Il, Pol Pot, etc.

I will probably be considered heartless but I think it is a shame that frankenstein medecine has made these kinds of choices necessary.  I can remember when the first heart transplant was done by Dr. Debaky I thought it was not a good developement in the medical field.  I think it was better when God made the decision.

God bless,

Larry

I will probably be considered heartless but I think it is a shame that frankenstein medecine has made these kinds of choices necessary.  I can remember when the first heart transplant was done by Dr. Debaky I thought it was not a good developement in the medical field.  I think it was better when God made the decision.

God bless,

Larry

I agree in part because mankind corrupts everything they get their hands on.

I don't want to come across as mean, but I've been getting angry at this family reading all these news events.

There are two sides to this discussion.   Okay.  I have a son who will be 13 in another week.  He is very big...he is 5'8", wears a men's size 12 shoe, and he weighs about 190 lbs.   If he needed an organ transplant, he would be on an adult list.

So you get this 10 year old whose family wants to sue to get their daughter on the adult list.  So now say their nice expensive lawyer awards this girl her organ, but then my son dies because she gets the organ he had been waiting for.  How is that fair?  That is SELFISH.  The girl was ALREADY top priority on the pediatric list.  They ALSO let her be on the bottom of the adult list.  They are suing for her to be put on the TOP of the ADULT list as well as the pediatric list she is already on.  

I just now also read that someone else is suing now.  This is going to open a whole can of worms.

The rules were in place for a REASON.  Kids get kid organs.  Adults and older kids get adult organs.   

The ethics of this is what's making me angry.  For this family to sue, they are saying, "My kid is more important than ANYONE else waiting on that list.  Give my kid an organ."  So not only does someone on the adult list probably die while this kid gets their organ, but remember, someone ELSE had to die just to GIVE the organ.

Organ donation is a a beautiful human gift.  NOT.  A.  RIGHT.   We sue for rights.  Not gifts.

Very, very angry at these selfish people who cannot see past the end of their nose, and see how many lives this affects...it's not just all about their daughter...it's about other people, too.   We do not just sue to change rules just because we do not like the rules.

This is not even a matter the federal government should be involved in.

In this life there is no such thing as true or complete fairness or equality. The best we can do is establish rules to try and make things as fair as possible.

The problem comes about when someone decides the rules shouldn't apply in their case so they scream for special treatment. If special treatment is granted in one case, the door is now wide open for anyone to scream for special treatment. Shortly the rules are near meaningless and some panel or individual sits in judgment deciding what they think is most fair, which will always be biased to one extent or another. When one is favored it will be at the expense of another.

This is not even a matter the federal government should be involved in.

In this life there is no such thing as true or complete fairness or equality. The best we can do is establish rules to try and make things as fair as possible.

The problem comes about when someone decides the rules shouldn't apply in their case so they scream for special treatment. If special treatment is granted in one case, the door is now wide open for anyone to scream for special treatment. Shortly the rules are near meaningless and some panel or individual sits in judgment deciding what they think is most fair, which will always be biased to one extent or another. When one is favored it will be at the expense of another.

Amen.

And the time is coming shorty that the government will intervene deciding who lives or dies daily, & this will help it along & those crying for the government to intervene needs to remember calling for them to do something at this time.

And much of it is our fault for saying the government should do this & that so many time while at the same time saying they should stay out of our lives, even more especially when come down to an underage child, parent, & doctor or doctors. And just think, if this was a case of a parent withholding treatment & the government stepped in they might be crying foul very loud.