• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

RSS Robot

Calvinism Committee Issues Report, Urges Sbc To 'stand Together' For Great Commission

This is a perfect example of what the Calvinist do to a church.  We need to practice separation from these un-biblical doctrines.  

2 Timothy 3:1-7  This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.  (2)  For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,  (3)  Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,  (4)  Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;  (5)  Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.  (6)  For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,  (7)  Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

They are really no different from other sects that seek their salvation in knowledge.  

2 Timothy 2:16  But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

This is a perfect example of what the Calvinist do to a church.  We need to practice separation from these un-biblical doctrines.  

2 Timothy 3:1-7  This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.  (2)  For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,  (3)  Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,  (4)  Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;  (5)  Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.  (6)  For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,  (7)  Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

They are really no different from other sects that seek their salvation in knowledge.  

2 Timothy 2:16  But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

Yup. This is how it's done. You find "common ground" and then from there you spread through the church like a virus. They call it a trojan horse.

So, would you like to show evidence that we "seek our salvation in knowledge"? Or are you just bearing false witness again?

So, would you like to show evidence that we "seek our salvation in knowledge"? Or are you just bearing false witness again?

You seem to be determined to create as much strife and disunity as possible, brother.  I have not seen you produce any good fruit on this forum.  

If you were a member of our church you would know the truth of this matter.  He had a Calvinist come into our church for a number of years.  We gave him ever opportunity to repent of his heresy.  He created discord, disunity, and nothing but problems.

He is now separated from our church, just as the Bible tells us we should separate false teachers.

Matthew 7:15-17  Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.  (16)  Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?  (17)  Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
Edited by The Ohio Patriot

In other words, you have no evidence to back up your false witness, only more slander.

As you are aware I provided you first hand experiential knowledge above.  I would also offer the testimony of many other Calvinist who have come to this board accusing the brothers of being uneducated, and not knowing what we talk about.  Always accusing never listening or seeing what they themselves write.  

I would also say that the testimony of many brothers on this website if asked would testify to the same.

As long as you discount everything, that everyone says, you will always have a new argument to create strife and disunity, but not with me.

As you are aware I provided you first hand experiential knowledge above.

No, you said you had a Calvinist who made the mistake of believing you were his brothers in Christ and then you threw him out because he disagreed with you.

You didn't offer one shred of  evidence to show that Calvinists seek our salvation in knowledge.

OK.. So, basically, your plan is to lie and then run away when you get caught.

No, everyone can read above and see that you have proven to be exactly what I claimed the typical Calvinist to be, let what has been written be judged.  

I am not running away only using my time where it is more effective.  Since I have already asked the moderators to remove you from this forum, due to the fact that you only seek discord among the brothers, I will now spend some time in prayer, for you and others, prepare my Sunday School lessons, and work on some papers for school  

Again, have a blessed day.

No, everyone can read above and see that you have proven to be exactly what I claimed the typical Calvinist to be, let what has been written be judged.  

I am not running away only using my time where it is more effective.  Since I have already asked the moderators to remove you from this forum, due to the fact that you only seek discord among the brothers, I will now spend some time in prayer, for you and others, prepare my Sunday School lessons, and work on some papers for school  

Again, have a blessed day.

Isn't it a little childish of you to be able to say whatever you want to say, whether it's true or not, and then, the moment somebody questions you, try to get them banned?

You said we seek our salvation in knowledge. This isn't true, so I asked you for evidence. That's all. That's all I did.

And  now, because you've been caught telling a lie, you're throwing a temper tantrum.

There can typically be no real discussion of this matter because both sides tend to make personal accusations, make broad paint brush attacks, put forth experience more than Scripture or raise "what if's" or other rabbit trails rather than focusing upon the core subject at hand.

If folks can't first agree to have a civil discussion focusing upon Scripture (and that's something brothers/sisters in Christ should be able to do) there is no point in engaging.

Isn't it a little childish of you to be able to say whatever you want to say, whether it's true or not, and then, the moment somebody questions you, try to get them banned?

You said we seek our salvation in knowledge. This isn't true, so I asked you for evidence. That's all. That's all I did.

And  now, because you've been caught telling a lie, you're throwing a temper tantrum.

I offered you proof, my first hand knowledge, which you have discounted.  I don't mind you questioning or discounting my personal testimony, I have spoken the truth and have nothing to hide.  I have asked to have you removed (again this is the moderators decision, not mine) not because you disagree with me, but because of your obvious desires on this forum.  You can disagree, libel, slander and do whatever you please to do with my posts.  This will not in any way change my love for you or all mankind.

You have called me a liar, multiple times, God will be the judge of which I have no issue.  I have no ill will towards you, and concerning your accusation above, "because you've been caught telling a lie, you're throwing a temper tantrum" is not the reason I will not respond any further or asked for your removal, your removal is to remove the dis-unity that you are attempting to create, I will not respond any further because of the reason as I stated, time spent on more expeditious, productive matters.

I do thank you John for being level headed and pointing out the pointlessness of these discussions.  

I offered you proof, my first hand knowledge, which you have discounted.  I don't mind you questioning or discounting my personal testimony, I have spoken the truth and have nothing to hide.  I have asked to have you removed (again this is the moderators decision, not mine) not because you disagree with me, but because of your obvious desires on this forum.  You can disagree, libel, slander and do whatever you please to do with my posts.  This will not in any way change my love for you or all mankind.

You have called me a liar, multiple times, God will be the judge of which I have no issue.  I have no ill will towards you, and concerning your accusation above, "because you've been caught telling a lie, you're throwing a temper tantrum" is not the reason I will not respond any further or asked for your removal, your removal is to remove the dis-unity that you are attempting to create, I will not respond any further because of the reason as I stated, time spent on more expeditious, productive matters.

I do thank you John for being level headed and pointing out the pointlessness of these discussions.  

More than likely he will keep on trying to bait you, maybe he even hopes by doing this he will get some of us to explode them get banned. 

SBC is a good example of what not to do, they're tolerating false teachings while saying they have unity which is not there. And when anyone stands against that false teaching both sides will gang up on them.

More than likely he will keep on trying to bait you, maybe he even hopes by doing this he will get some of us to explode them get banned. 

So, Jerry, have you thought about how you're going to approach the topic of this thread at all?

SBC is a good example of what not to do, they're tolerating false teachings while saying they have unity which is not there. And when anyone stands against that false teaching both sides will gang up on them.

Jerry

No worries my friend I don't explode over these type of issues.  I have dealt with dozens of situations and strikingly they are almost always identical in nature.  I pray that through reading the posts here some good will come from it when he is ready to hear the gospel as we know the gospel never returns void.  

The SBC is the perfect model to show us why we should not tolerate these impostors to linger un-repentant in our churches or forums.  If they insist on propagating this heresy they must be removed.

A 19-member advisory committee on Calvinism has issued its report to Southern Baptist Convention Executive Committee President Frank Page, urging Southern Baptists to "stand together" for the Gospel, even as "we experience tension."

View the full article

It looks a very sensible approach. The "anticalvinists" seem determined to divide as much as possible, & denounce as heretics anyone they disagree with. "Calvinists" expect opposition & disagreement so we are not perturbed, until we are accused of believing& teaching lies.

None of us comes to a perfect understanding around the time of our salvation. We are eager to learn, & unhappily there are false teachers, and teachers who are ill-equipped to be teachers.

A parable:

A new convert says to pastor, "Jesus has saved me - he showed me I was a helpless sinner & that he died for me. His Holy SPirit has given me new life, whereas I was dead in trespasses and sins. I heard in my spirit a clear call from Jesus to come unto him. I came - that's why I am here now. I feel chosen and loved by my God, above all my old friends who now reject me."

Pastor, "Dead in sins, chosen & called by God, Jesus died for you?! I'm not having a calvinist in my church. Out you go!"

Eph. 2:But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

Rev. 17:14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

You anticalvinists are on dangerous ground - you deliberately repudiate the unity of believers that our Lord prayed for. We need to work together, grow together as we study God's word.

It looks a very sensible approach. The "anticalvinists" seem determined to divide as much as possible, & denounce as heretics anyone they disagree with. "Calvinists" expect opposition & disagreement so we are not perturbed, until we are accused of believing& teaching lies.

This is what Calvinist want is to divide.  It is not sensible in any way.  Following the Bible is sensible.

Romans 16:17  Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.

If the SBC had any common sense they would not try to create fellowship with Calvinist, nor homosexuals, nor any other heresy.  The SBC will fall and it's willingness to "be flexible" with doctrine is why.  

If the SBC had any common sense they would not try to create fellowship with Calvinist, nor homosexuals, nor any other heresy. 

Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on My account. Rejoice and be glad for your reward is great in Heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you. - Matthew 5:11-12

Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on My account. Rejoice and be glad for your reward is great in Heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you. - Matthew 5:11-12

You may not believe this but it is good to see you posting here.  While I did ask for you to be removed from this forum, I am glad that you were not. 

While I agree with the scripture that you quoted I do not agree that Calvinist and a true Baptist church can share in worship together, our beliefs are different and incompatible.  I have no issue and would look forward to discussion on a civil, Christian basis with either of you.  I believe that Covenator (hope I spelled this correctly) has posted what he believes as you did as well, and hopefully you both respect that I have done the same.  

If I said before that we, meaning respectful people with different doctrinal beliefs, can not share fellowship together after reconsidering this I would disagree with that statement.  I hold to the statement we can not share worship together because we believe different doctrine.

You may not believe this but it is good to see you posting here.  While I did ask for you to be removed from this forum, I am glad that you were not. 

While I agree with the scripture that you quoted I do not agree that Calvinist and a true Baptist church can share in worship together, our beliefs are different and incompatible.  I have no issue and would look forward to discussion on a civil, Christian basis with either of you.  I believe that Covenator (hope I spelled this correctly) has posted what he believes as you did as well, and hopefully you both respect that I have done the same.  

If I said before that we, meaning respectful people with different doctrinal beliefs, can not share fellowship together after reconsidering this I would disagree with that statement.  I hold to the statement we can not share worship together because we believe different doctrine.

I'm not asking for fellowship. I'm just pointing out that, while you did not mean your words to be so, Jesus said we should consider your contempt for us a blessing.

This is what Calvinist want is to divide.  It is not sensible in any way.  Following the Bible is sensible.

Romans 16:17  Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.

If the SBC had any common sense they would not try to create fellowship with Calvinist, nor homosexuals, nor any other heresy.  The SBC will fall and it's willingness to "be flexible" with doctrine is why.  

It seems to me that it is YOU who wants to divide,  

It seems to me that it is YOU who wants to divide,  

That is right per scripture.

I'm not asking for fellowship. I'm just pointing out that, while you did not mean your words to be so, Jesus said we should consider your contempt for us a blessing.

I am sorry to hear this.  We can not both be right and I agree Jesus will consider the contempt.    

Article Categories

About Us

Since 2001, Online Baptist has been an Independent Baptist website, and we exclusively use the King James Version of the Bible. We pride ourselves on a community that uplifts the Lord.

Contact Us

You can contact us using the following link. Contact Us or for questions regarding this website please contact @pastormatt or email James Foley at jfoley@sisqtel.net

Android App

Online Baptist has a custom App for all android users. You can download it from the Google Play store or click the following icon.