• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

Dr James Ach

New Argument Against Calvinism

I have recently pondered a new argument against Calvinism that I would like your thoughts on. It is regarding the Calvinist belief that God controls all things based upon predestination and sovereignty, and the lack of uniformity among Calvinists and John Calvin's own beliefs.

My theory is that if God forced salvation against our wills, and Jesus affirmed that if any man will do His will he shall KNOW of the doctrine, then would it make sense that God would impose salvation, but not uniformity in doctrine among Calvinists? If God forces salvation, then why wouldn't He logically force ones belief system? If God is the author of sin, He would be the author of heresy as well. 

There is no uniformity among Calvinists as to sovereignty, TULIP, eschatology, and I see that as a flaw in the entire system of Calvinism if God's sovereignty dictates all future actions against the will of man and even nature itself. How could God control their salvation, and not control their belief in baby sprinkling, amillennialism, not to mention that Calvin was a murderer. 

Although Reformed theology attempts to distance itself from John Calvin, if such sovereignty is accurate even according to the Reformist views, there should not have even been a disagreement from Calvin to Reformed Theology.

Maybe this isn't new, and I simply haven't found any other discourse on it, but would love to your thoughts on this approach.

This is my initial thesis on the matter about the uniformity of belief

According to Calvinist determinism God could establish everyone's belief system if He wanted to. That much must be admitted by the honest Calvinist. Therefore:

THE CALVINIST UNIFORMITY CONUNDRUM

1. God can determine belief systems and cause uniformity among believers if He wanted to.

2. God wants uniformity among believers. Philippians 2:2-5

3. God determines all things, and God especially determines all things that He wants.

4. Therefore all belief systems of the elect should be uniform and all Calvinists of one mind.

Subjectively, the arrogance of the Calvinists proves that they themselves believe that all belief systems should be uniform. The fact that they consistently condescend to anyone that does not agree with is proof of that. Calvinists themselves argue for uniformity of belief.

If a Calvinist was honest with his theology, he would say that all who disagree with him are not saved. After all, if "Calvinism IS the] gospel" then anyone who disagrees with it is not saved. Mark 1:15 ("Repent and believe the gospe]")

So even in a Calvinists own attempt to convince others of their position, if the Calvinist wholeheartedly believes he is right, then he is effectually arguing that uniformity of beliefs are predetermined. If the Calvinist does not admit this, he would have to admit there's a possibility that he could be wrong, but if there is a possibility he could be wrong, then that would cast doubt on his election, because 1 Peter 1:4 says to make your calling and election SURE.

Not all Calvinists are uniform. Not all Reformers are uniform. Reformers won't readily admit they are Calvinists and Calvinists won'd admit they are Augustinians. 

The lack of uniformity in the belief system of Calvinism according to Calvinist determinism destroys the entire system. The Calvinist must either admit that God can NOT determine all things, or that God does not WANT to detemine all things, or that He does NOT determine all things to escape the conundrum.

Edited by Dr James Ach

The true blue followers of Calvin will not budge off of their TULIP doctrine no matter what argument you may put up. They're stuck on, they think its a fact, that they're special, that they've been picked out of all the rest of the people that has lived or ever will live, they've got proud hearts  because they feel they are the elect, chosen by God, that is they very highly of self.

I figure with the SBC trying to be accepting, tolerant, of the TULIP people, trying to have unity that is not there, letting false doctrine come into the SBC, in the end it will split wide open. If they would only rid of it right now, nip it before it grows in number it would not be so bad, yet if they put it off, Which is exactly what they're doing, the TULIP people will gain many converts & in the end the SBC will suffer tremendously because of letting the false doctrine stay & build up gaining numbers. They fail to understand a little leaven will leaven the whole loaf.

All the SBC is doing is helping the TULIP people, helping the teaching of false doctrine that is not found in the pages of the Holy Bible that God has supplied us with, having given it to us as our instruction Book, to be used for doctrine, reproof, correction, & instructions in righteously.

I read one of their sites & the TULIP doctrine comes up very often & they have some amazing argument on the subject. They have many problems over this doctrine, but hardly any of them will admit their problem comes from false teachings of the TULIP. Perhaps none of them, or perhaps only a very few, have the faith to stand on God's truth & they're outnumbered.

I did have one Calvinist admit to me that God does send babies to hell. At least he was consistent with the teachings of Calvin.

Anyone ever read Laurence Vance's book The Other Side Of Calvinism? I've heard it's the best thing out there exposing the pitfalls of Calvin's TULIP teachings.

He touches on this inconsistency among Baptists who hold to Calvin's tenets.

http://www.vancepublications.com/calvinism%20baptists.htm

Edited by ASongOfDegrees

The true blue followers of Calvin will not budge off of their TULIP doctrine no matter what argument you may put up. They're stuck on, they think its a fact, that they're special, that they've been picked out of all the rest of the people that has lived or ever will live, they've got proud hearts  because they feel they are the elect, chosen by God, that is they very highly of self.

Firstly, those who believe in the scriptural doctrine of predestination, that I have met do not consider themselves as special.  They understand that all believers, even you are the elect.

Secondly they are not proud, but humble that God has chosen them.

Firstly, those who believe in the scriptural doctrine of predestination, that I have met do not consider themselves as special.  They understand that all believers, even you are the elect.

If they feel they've been picked out of a ll the billions of people that's been born into the world by God to be saved, & its not by their choice, & all others have been picked to be born into this world without the opportunity to accept Christ as their Savior. Yes, they're a very proud bunch of people, & they do not understand the Word of God.

2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

God is not slack concerning His promise, He does not wish any should perish, yet they teach some are born only to be sent to Hell at their death.

And God teaches us.

Ro 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

That those who find them self in Hell will be without and excuse, it due to them rejecting Christ as Savior, that is its their onw fault.

Yet with what they teach, its God's fault, that God did not even give them an opportunity to be saved.

So yes, they've got a proud heart, the feel very special.

And remember this.

Mt 15:9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
Mr 7:7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Joh 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
Joh 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

They, those that teach the TULIP doctrine, the doctrine that Calvin taught, followers of Calvinism, are teaching for doctrines the commandments of men in place of the true doctrine contained in the Bible, & God is quite clear, those who worship Him must worship Him in Spirit & truth.

So yes, again, the true blues of the TULIP doctrine has a proud heart, & feel special among all men. Even to the point that they believe & teach that can't even refuse God, that they have no choice in the matter, for they believe that the elect are given so much grace, & keeping getting it, until they accept Jesus as Savior, that its impossible for them not to be saved, impossible for them to be sent to Hell.

When was the last time you talked to a real Calvinist! LOL

James:

This is my initial thesis on the matter about the uniformity of belief

According to Calvinist determinism God could establish everyone's belief system if He wanted to. That much must be admitted by the honest Calvinist. Therefore:

There is a fundamental fallacy in your reasoning:= Because you believe abc...., by MY reasoning, you must  also believe def....  

No. because we believe Scripture, we believe God is sovereign, & man by nature is a lost & guilty sinner, already condemned for his sin, yet unable in his fallen state to turn to God for salvation apart from the grace of God giving life.

John 1:10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

Calvinists - Bible-believing Christians - acknowledge that we cannot of ourselves understand all mysteries  & need the Holy Spirit first to give us life with the Word of truth, so making us his spiritual children. We do not instantly have a right understanding of every truth. God has ordained means by which we learn, first the Gospel of salvation by the LORD Jesus Christ, then how that must affect our lives as children of God.

As children (both as human children & children of God) we learn from our parents & teachers. And as teachers & parents we teach what we have learned. Sadly many believe error which cause them to reject truths plainly taught in Scripture.

I would count you as believing & propagating error, including anti-calvinism & premil PTR dispensationalism. No doubt you would list my firmly held beliefs as errors. Happily, in the providence of God our wrong understandings do not negate our salvation as brothers in Christ. But our wrong beliefs do have consequences. Keeping searching the Scriptures, & listening to other believers with whom we presently disagree. One day we will come to perfect unity. Hallelujah, PTL!

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

I believe this is true! If it is true, God would not create people predestined to hell with no chance to repent.

God is merciful he gave his son for all who would repent.

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

I believe this is true! If it is true, God would not create people predestined to hell with no chance to repent.

God is merciful he gave his son for all who would repent.

That verse proves the TULIP doctrine is false, but believes of the flower doctrine adds to it by saying that verse only means them.

That verse proves the TULIP doctrine is false, but believes of the flower doctrine adds to it by saying that verse only means them.

Yes, I have spoken to many concerning this particular verse, and they claim it MEANS "...God is not willing that any (of the elect) should perish, but that all (the elect) should come to repentance." For God so love the (elect of) the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever (of the elect) believeth in Him ..."

this is what they believe-from the proverbial horse's mouth.

Joh 3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

And that whosoever in the above two verses does not really mean whosoever.

Yes, I have spoken to many concerning this particular verse, and they claim it MEANS "...God is not willing that any (of the elect) should perish, but that all (the elect) should come to repentance." For God so love the (elect of) the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever (of the elect) believeth in Him ..."

Heard that from their own mouths too.

We are actually considering James' wonderful new insight into "calvinism" rather than all the old objections tossed out on every occasion.

2 Peter 3:

Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:

But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

That's a handy "proof-text" to disprove Reformed doctrine. It's also convenient to label Reformed doctrine "calvinism" as if we followed a man, rather than the teaching of Scripture. This "calvinist" rejects infant baptism & Presbyterian ecclesiology.  Not every "calvinist" is well-versed in Scripture, nor is every defence of "calvinism" valid. We must look carefully  at Scriptures that appear to be in conflict with other Scriptures.

Peter was writing in the 60s, the "last days" before the destruction. At that time the "scoffers" were the Jewish leaders who rejected the Apostolic Gospel, and, knowing Jesus' prophecies against them were scoffing at his unfulfilled prophecies.  Meanwhile the Gospel was proclaimed to them - read the sermons of Acts & you will see that repentance and salvation in the name of Jesus were freely preached. Warnings for rejection of God's salvation were also given, in very clear language. He is looking beyond the imminent destruction to the final judgement, & the NH&NE.

All people are responsible for their behaviour, though sadly, none of us can behave acceptably to God. We are all guilty sinners. God's Gospel call is without preconditions. But by nature, without the Holy Spirit quickening us, we would all reject the Gospel. It's is OUR will that we reject the Gospel. Can anyone at the judgement seat say, "It's your fault, God; I am only condemned because you didn't elect me." We are condemned for our sin, but saved by grace, through faith in Christ.

Joh 3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

And that whosoever in the above two verses does not really mean whosoever.

In what way do those verses question Reformed doctrine? We preach salvation by repentance and faith, and whosoever repents & believes in the Son begins eternal life.

And remember that Jesus was teaching a narrow minded Pharisee that God's love extends to the world, not just the Jews. He went to to teach:

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

I did have one Calvinist admit to me that God does send babies to hell. At least he was consistent with the teachings of Calvin.

The Westminster Confession of Faith states: "Elect infants, dying in infancy, are regenerated, and saved by Christ, through the Spirit, who worketh when, and where, and how he pleaseth: so also are all other elect persons who are incapable of being outwardly called by the ministry of the Word."

According to the Westminster Confession of Faith: "NON Elect infants, dying in infancy, are NOT regenerated, and NOT saved by Christ, through the Spirit, who worketh when, and where, and how he pleaseth: so also are all other NON elect persons who are incapable of being outwardly called by the ministry of the Word."

If a Calvinist is honest the he or she will have to admit that their system of theology teaches that there are babies in hell.

The Westminster Confession of Faith states: "Elect infants, dying in infancy, are regenerated, and saved by Christ, through the Spirit, who worketh when, and where, and how he pleaseth: so also are all other elect persons who are incapable of being outwardly called by the ministry of the Word."

According to the Westminster Confession of Faith: "NON Elect infants, dying in infancy, are NOT regenerated, and NOT saved by Christ, through the Spirit, who worketh when, and where, and how he pleaseth: so also are all other NON elect persons who are incapable of being outwardly called by the ministry of the Word."

If a Calvinist is honest the he or she will have to admit that their system of theology teaches that there are babies in hell.

The Scriptures are our standard, NOT the Westminster Confession. What do the Scriptures say regarding babies that die, even born of adultery and before circumcision so with no claim to the covenant? A hint is given 2 Sam. 12, but is there any clear teaching?

I presume Arminians are comforted knowing that any baby that makes a conscious confession of repentance & faith in Jesus as LORD, is saved. But if they do not, they die without hope and hell is their place for eternity.

I would rather trust in an all-gracious God.

James - why do you want arguments against the Bible?

Isn't that the same kind of argument that you condemned in my post?

Post #9 "There is a fundamental fallacy in your reasoning:= Because you believe abc...., by MY reasoning," You were attempting to begin your rebuttle by attacking my belief in my position, before you even attempted to explain why it was wrong, and then in this comment, "why you want arguments against the Bible?" is a classic straw man argument.

I could simply say the same to you; why do YOU want arguments against the Bible?

My initial thesis is based on statements taken directly from Calvinist sources: Calvinists believe in determinism. Calvinists do not deny that God does what He wants and often site Ephesians 1:11 where God does all things after the counsel of His own will. All of my propositions were based on the positions contained within Calvinism.

So now let me pose a straw man argument against you.

You disagree with the Bible when you say that God does not uniformity in beliefs when Philippians clearly says:

"Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind." Phil 2:2

This is a clear statement that God desires uniformity, yet you reject it and thus you reject the Bible.

See how that works!

There is a fundamental fallacy in your reasoning:= Because you believe abc...., by MY reasoning, you must  also believe def....  

No. because we believe Scripture, we believe God is sovereign, & man by nature is a lost & guilty sinner, already condemned for his sin, yet unable in his fallen state to turn to God for salvation apart from the grace of God giving life.

John 1:10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

Calvinists - Bible-believing Christians - acknowledge that we cannot of ourselves understand all mysteries  & need the Holy Spirit first to give us life with the Word of truth, so making us his spiritual children. We do not instantly have a right understanding of every truth. God has ordained means by which we learn, first the Gospel of salvation by the LORD Jesus Christ, then how that must affect our lives as children of God.

As children (both as human children & children of God) we learn from our parents & teachers. And as teachers & parents we teach what we have learned. Sadly many believe error which cause them to reject truths plainly taught in Scripture.

I would count you as believing & propagating error, including anti-calvinism & premil PTR dispensationalism. No doubt you would list my firmly held beliefs as errors. Happily, in the providence of God our wrong understandings do not negate our salvation as brothers in Christ. But our wrong beliefs do have consequences. Keeping searching the Scriptures, & listening to other believers with whom we presently disagree. One day we will come to perfect unity. Hallelujah, PTL!

First of all, you are arguing for the Total Depravity tenet. That's not what this section is about which is why I have not responded to your repeated attempts at red herring tactics to derail the train of actual subject. You are trying to make an entire case against Non Calvinists by attempting to raise every issue of contention between Calvinists, and Non Calvinists, which I am not going to oblige on THIS thread. 

Perhaps if you want to discuss any elements of TULIP, you can start your own thread on it, and I'll meet you there. But in this thread, I'm going to stick to the premise of the uniformity conundrum in Calvinism.

The Scriptures are our standard, NOT the Westminster Confession. What do the Scriptures say regarding babies that die, even born of adultery and before circumcision so with no claim to the covenant? A hint is given 2 Sam. 12, but is there any clear teaching?

I presume Arminians are comforted knowing that any baby that makes a conscious confession of repentance & faith in Jesus as LORD, is saved. But if they do not, they die without hope and hell is their place for eternity.

I would rather trust in an all-gracious God.

"What shall we say then? [is] the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.  But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin [was] dead.  For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died. And the commandment, which [was ordained] to life, I found [to be] unto death."  (Rom 7:7-10)

Paul was a good Jew, a Pharisee of the Pharisees, raised up under the teachings of Gamaliel. Yet here, he says that, at one time he was alive WITHOUT the law. How could he, born under the law, be alive under the law, when in fact, the law condemns men to death? And then, he says, when the commandment came, sin revived, and he died. So, obviously, sin was present, but dead, or inactive, and that, at some point, the commandment came, sin REVIVED, or was put into effect against him, and he died. How could this be?

Simple-at one time, he did not hae understanding, or if you will, effecacious knowledge, of the comandments and the law. Thus, though born in sin by nature, sin was, what, sleeping? dead? Comatose? Whatever temr, it had no effect on him. BUT, when the time came that he understood sin and its consequences, and the law, then sin revived, and he died, now being fully culpable for his sin.

This is the clearest teaching in the Bible against the idea that any infant or small child will go to hell. Yes, we can state that since Paul was saved, he MUST have been of the elect, and thus, presaved already, protected. But this is not the teaching and must be inferred. Before his salvation, before anything , he was alive without the law, and this could only be because it was not counted against him because he had no knowledge of good or evil.

The same idea can be applied to the chilren of Israel when they rejected going into the land of Israel-all those 20 years and aboe were to die in the desert-those under 20 were exempt from this punishment, because they had no ability to reject, as they were not counted among the army-it didn't yet apply.

I don't know that there is an 'age of accountability', rather, it is determined by one's understanding. Thus, one severly mentally retareded might never be counted subject to punishment if he can never understand.

We are actually considering James' wonderful new insight into "calvinism" rather than all the old objections tossed out on every occasion.

That;s good, except there has never been a good answer given to these ;old objections tossed out oon every occasion'. The only answer is to add that which is not there, to enjoin a presupposition of this idea of the pre-chosen to clear teachings in the Bible to make them fit a reformed position.

Maybe we can add it to this one, as well:

"[That] was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world." John 1:9

Jesus lights or, if you like, enlightens every man that cometh into the world-not evey man that is elect.. That's pretty plain. What is the light? The light of Christ, the knowledge of Him-light. It is on every man, which means that all are given what they need to accept Christ as Saviour-but some reject, like Israel did.

"He came unto his own, and his own received him not."  Look, Jesus came to HIS OWN. The elect of God, as Paul calls Israel, "As concerning the gospel, [they are] enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, [they are] beloved for the fathers' sakes."  (Rom 11:18)

Israel is the elect nation, (Is 45:4). By your reasoning, they should have fully embraced the Lord when He arrived, not rejected Him. They were chosen of God to be a witness to the nations for Him, yet they rejected the Messiah. This in itself contradicts the entire idea of election as reformed theolgy understands it.

When Jesus was on the cross, He said He would draw all men unto Himself-not all elect, but ALL men. Do all receive? Obviously not-but it doesn't change the fact that ALL are drawn.

The brasen serpent in the wilderness was a picture of Jesus on the cross-those bitten by the fiery serpents ALL had the invitation to look upon the serpent, and they would be healed. Perhaps some rejected and died of their injury-it doesn't change the fact that everybody had the ablity and invitation to look and be healed. So it is with Christ-all are drawn, all may come and call for salvation-some choose not to.

2 Peter 3:

Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:

But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

That's a handy "proof-text" to disprove Reformed doctrine. It's also convenient to label Reformed doctrine "calvinism" as if we followed a man, rather than the teaching of Scripture. This "calvinist" rejects infant baptism & Presbyterian ecclesiology.  Not every "calvinist" is well-versed in Scripture, nor is every defence of "calvinism" valid. We must look carefully  at Scriptures that appear to be in conflict with other Scriptures.

Peter was writing in the 60s, the "last days" before the destruction. At that time the "scoffers" were the Jewish leaders who rejected the Apostolic Gospel, and, knowing Jesus' prophecies against them were scoffing at his unfulfilled prophecies.  Meanwhile the Gospel was proclaimed to them - read the sermons of Acts & you will see that repentance and salvation in the name of Jesus were freely preached. Warnings for rejection of God's salvation were also given, in very clear language. He is looking beyond the imminent destruction to the final judgement, & the NH&NE.

All people are responsible for their behaviour, though sadly, none of us can behave acceptably to God. We are all guilty sinners. God's Gospel call is without preconditions. But by nature, without the Holy Spirit quickening us, we would all reject the Gospel. It's is OUR will that we reject the Gospel. Can anyone at the judgement seat say, "It's your fault, God; I am only condemned because you didn't elect me." We are condemned for our sin, but saved by grace, through faith in Christ.

A person does not have to proof text to disprove Calvinism.

Joh 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Joh 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Joh 6:40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Joh 6:47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

Joh 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
Joh 11:26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

Joh 12:44 ¶ Jesus cried and said, He that believeth on me, believeth not on me, but on him that sent me.
Joh 12:45 And he that seeth me seeth him that sent me.
Joh 12:46 I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.

Joh 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Isa 45:22 Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else

Mr 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved;

Ac 8:37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

Ac 16:30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
Ac 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved,

Ro 5:1 ¶ Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
Ro 5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Ro 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Ro 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Ro 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Heb 7:25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

1Jo 5:1 ¶ Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.

Ac 10:43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

Ac 2:21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

1Ti 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

2Pe 3:9 ¶ The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

No, one does not have to proof text to prove that God would have all men to be saved, all a person has to do is read & believe what the Bible tells us, & not get stuck on complex verses that contradict so many easy to understand verses that makes this truth, whosoever believeth, so easy to know & understand.