• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

JerryNumbers

The Washington State Patrol Says The Interstate 5 Bridge Over The Skagit River Collapsed: People In Water

Wow-we'll be praying about that.

In related news, about the time you posted this, we had an earthquake, such things being very rare where we are. My wife and I were sitting at our computers, and suddenly it felt like we were doing the hula on our seats. Lasted about 20 seconds, and stopped.

Wow-we'll be praying about that.

In related news, about the time you posted this, we had an earthquake, such things being very rare where we are. My wife and I were sitting at our computers, and suddenly it felt like we were doing the hula on our seats. Lasted about 20 seconds, and stopped.

I've been in one.

Back in about 79 my wife had surgery. After getting out of the hospital I left out for San Francisco while she stayed with my parents. I left on about a Tuesday afternoon, delivered on Thursday morning, & was stetting at a greasy spoon truck stop south of San Jose at about 7:30 AM already unloaded. I knew that the load I would pick up would be south of there.

I went into the truck stop, set at the counter on a stool, had just ordered my breakfast, the waitress had just turned to walk away. I looked up & there was hanging baskets of plastic flowers hanging above me, & they were swinging back & forth. About that instant, it felt like the part of the stool I was setting on was going to fall off onto the floor. I reached down held on to each side of the setting part, it seemed firmly attacked to the other part, & I was thinking, "What in the world is going on!"

About that time the waitress hollered out, “Oh no, another one if _ _ _ _ _ _ _, words I can use, earthquakes.”

As for me I was very relived, I thought I had gone nuts because I had been to long without sleep.

Living in Calfornia I hae been through many, but in my current location, its odd. It seems it was about a 5.8, centered about 75 miles from here. I guess there were a lot of them around yesterday.

And LA times is telling all about it

Sure is a very strange feeling the 1st time, had some fellow driver that drove for the same company telling about their experience. They were walking out of their room to go eat, walking by the swimming pool & the water started waving & no one was in the pool. It would go to one end splashing out, them to the other end, just back & forth as they stool still watching the show. They were stunned, them about that time they felt the ground shacking understating what was taking place.

And LA times is telling all about it

Sure is a very strange feeling the 1st time, had some fellow driver that drove for the same company telling about their experience. They were walking out of their room to go eat, walking by the swimming pool & the water started waving & no one was in the pool. It would go to one end splashing out, them to the other end, just back & forth as they stool still watching the show. They were stunned, them about that time they felt the ground shacking understating what was taking place.

Have now heard we've had 48 earthquakes/aftershocks in the last 12 hours out here. I have not felt any but the first.

I recall back in the day running out to California nearly every week we spoke of when California would fall off in the ocean. With all them earthquakes y'all had it must be unstable & one day would just drop off leaving nothing behind.

Yeah, that was pretty freaky. My house is literally one mile north of the bridge. My wife and I heard sirens blazing by the house and were wondering what was going on. Then I started getting phone calls from concerned church friends and family because one of the vehicles that fell with the bridge was identical to the one I drive, and they were worried that me and/or my wife had been on the bridge when it went down. Praise the Lord that no one was killed or seriously injured!

Yeah, that was pretty freaky. My house is literally one mile north of the bridge. My wife and I heard sirens blazing by the house and were wondering what was going on. Then I started getting phone calls from concerned church friends and family because one of the vehicles that fell with the bridge was identical to the one I drive, and they were worried that me and/or my wife had been on the bridge when it went down. Praise the Lord that no one was killed or seriously injured!

Wow, a scary thing.

Years back we had a flood, i forget the amount of rain, like over 12 inches within 24 hours or maybe 12 hours. Down south of us a bridge over a creek washed out. I believe it was woman returning from Texarkana drove off into it after dark, could not tell the bridge was gone I suppose. Of course she died. Fortunately the next car realized the bridge was gone. It was quite sometime passed before they realized a car was in the water, someone happened to see part of the car sticking out of the water down stream.

We just never know.