• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Ccm Being Used By Temple Baptist Church Powell, Tn (Pastor Clarence Sexton)

brosmith

• Members

I looked into it purely out of interest.
I found that it was considered to be a percussion instrument.

I play guitar....... by ear.

I win! :lol:

All I did was share what I learned when I was taking piano lessons.  Back in the 50s, I was told the piano was a stringed instrument...but I kind of agree with the definition I found online...it is both.  So I will call the piano a "keyed zither" like those "musicologists" do!

It must be painful playing the guitar "by ear"....LOL

I know people who play the piano that way.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

All I did was share what I learned when I was taking piano lessons. Back in the 50s, I was told the piano was a stringed instrument...but I kind of agree with the definition I found online...it is both. So I will call the piano a "keyed zither" like those "musicologists" do!

It must be painful playing the guitar "by ear"....LOL

I know people who play the piano that way.

Yeah it is running joke with us.

I "follow" music but do not read it properly.
I can play the chords if they are named, but otherwise I listen and just figure it out for myself.

Both my Daughter's play piano, and one son plays violin. And they were/are taught music theory along with practical.

I just thought I would throw in my "qualifications" too.... :lol::lol:

I don't actually care what it is classified as, just so long as it is used to play beautiful music. ;)

• Members

And I took piano practical, history and theories for 12 years through the Royal Conservatory of Music in Toronto (which sets the bar for musical education in Canada). Lol. Qualification war, much? :wink Anyways, their history and theory books teach that the piano is considered a percussion instrument.  Mayhap the piano has never been authoritatively classified and they just don't want to admit it to us. :wink

Can you play this one, Salyan?

• Members

I don't know if Salyan can play it, but I just did...

I pushed the "Play" button. :coverlaugh:

Well that is certainly the only way I could play something like that. :lol:

Archived