• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Ccm Being Used By Temple Baptist Church Powell, Tn (Pastor Clarence Sexton)

brosmith

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The KJV is copyrighted in England.

In England, publishers were given the right to print by the Crown. So Oxford and Cambridge University presses, for instance, can both print the same book, they have legal authority.
In the U.S., the copyright holder is officially logged in the Library of Congress with a #. This right, for legal purposes, means that the holder owns the words.

These are 2 very different "copyrights" but, then, the legs of the lame are not equal, are they?

Anishinaabe

• Members

In England, publishers were given the right to print by the Crown. So Oxford and Cambridge University presses, for instance, can both print the same book, they have legal authority.
In the U.S., the copyright holder is officially logged in the Library of Congress with a #. This right, for legal purposes, means that the holder owns the words.

These are 2 very different "copyrights" but, then, the legs of the lame are not equal, are they?

Anishinaabe

Whatever! The KJV is a translation, like the NIV, ESV.... Again I ask you, can you prove the KJVO stance you hold from re originals?

• Members

Even without considering the KJO position one can look at the scores of versions out there and see they don't agree in many areas, including key areas. That in itself means they are not all equal. At the least it means some are wrong, even very wrong.  

• Members
Whatever! The KJV is a translation, like the NIV, ESV.... Again I ask you, can you prove the KJVO stance you hold from re originals?
What KJVO stance? The Reina Valera 1601 is the Word of God, even to 1909 update. I hold no position that English is a superior language to Spanish or any other tongue. Psa 12:6-7 6 The words of the LORD are pure words:as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. 7 Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever. (WCV) Psa 12:6-7 6 The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. 7 Thou shalt keep them, O Lord, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever. (KJV) Psa 12:6-7 6 Las palabras de Jehová, palabras limpias; Plata refinada en horno de tierra, Purificada siete veces. 7 Tú, Jehová, los guardarás; Guárdalos para siempre de aquesta generación. (RV09) Psa 11:7-8 7 The spechis of the Lord ben chast spechis; siluer examynyd bi fier, preued fro erthe, purgid seuen fold. 8 Thou, Lord, schalt kepe vs; and thou schalt kepe vs fro this generacioun with outen ende. (WYC) Anishinaabe

• Members

can you show me where they contradict each other? Can you prove from the originals?

Yes I can to both if you were so willing.  When you have the time, google Sam Gipp and What's the Big Deal and watch at least the first two videos on youtube or wherever you find them.  It will take less than 20 minutes of your time.

http://bigdealKJv.com/

Following the Lord is not easy Jeffrey.  You will lose family and friends and forsake beloved sins.  Which is more important to a man, following God through His Word or the things of this world?

• Members

Yes I can to both if you were so willing.  When you have the time, google Sam Gipp and What's the Big Deal and watch at least the first two videos on youtube or wherever you find them.  It will take less than 20 minutes of your time.

">

• Members

I've seen these, they don't convince me: especially coming from Gipp, a man who once claimed that a Russian would have to learn English to correctly read the Bible, he once claimed that there was no true Bible before 1611, and no other version of Scriptur has done more for God than the 1611,

I can show you the videos if him making these statements.
Instead if worry what the KJV says, you should worry about what The Lord says

That's not surprising.  Pride is often our worst enemy.

As for Gipp, YES, I'd like to see those videos you mentioned.

• Moderators

Not sure what the gift of tongues would have to do with it

The problem with all this is, if you really want to get into understanding the differences between the versions, it will take much more than we can do here. It takes going to the various sources of those who have studied it indepth, unless of course one has access to the various manuscripts and such evidences themselves.

There are a preacher by the name of Jewel Smith-some of you might have known him. He had the largest private collection of ancient Bibles and manuscripts, incuding cuniform, in the world. He was also the only private citizen to have a photocopy of the complete Isaiah scroll from the from the dead sea scrolls. His years of study and hands-on research brought him to a position of holding the KJV to be the mtrue preserved word of God over the others.

But the bottom line is, there are differences between them. And I ask again as I have before, if all we need is a modern English version, why do we have so many? There are over 300 complete or partial Bibles in English out there-why? Do we really need a Green Bible and a Men's Bible and a Women's Bible and an African-american Bible and a youth Bible and a magazine-style Bible for girls, a Queen James Bible, a NIV, NKJV, NLT, NASB, LB, The Word, ASV, the message, the Berkley Bible, ad nauseum? Honestly, what is the point?

Archived