• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Ccm Being Used By Temple Baptist Church Powell, Tn (Pastor Clarence Sexton)

brosmith

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not to derail your post but I once read on JesusIsSavior that this particular pose for the album cover was satanic and done deliberate.  With all MWS has said about God and Christ it would not surprise me.   :ot:

Why are they going soft on separation?  What's the bible say about offending those little ones on stage?   :knuppel:

• Members

One more example of CCM being used by Temple Baptist Church:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbX3X-3XSH4

This is a song entitled "I Stand Redeemed" by Legacy Five.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTons-Osjgs

I know that Legacy Five is promoted as a southern gospel group but you couldn't tell it by this song.

• Moderators

David Cloud, as most know, has been speaking about this sort of thing going on in other churches, like Lancaster Baptist, a soft separatism, where we go digging into the the trashcan of CCM looking for that morsel that 'isn't so bad'. And of course, once it is adapted and no longer soulds like CCM, then other churches hear it and like it and get a copy for their choir. And therre is a spirit with that music, just as with rock music, a spirit of compromise, that will begin t grow-slowly, yes, but surely, none the less, unless it is seen for what it is and stopped. And that church will eventually go completely contemporary. Satan is patient-it doesn't have to happen right away, but it WILL happen.

• Members

I listened to three of these songs done at TBC (I Stand Redeemed, There is a Redeemer and Lamb of Glory) and i may be dense,

but i did not see anything unscriptural about them.  Is the problem the writers of the songs, the original singers of the songs, the words of the song?  I am just not getting it.  I only listened to the way it was done in the church.  Can someone enlighten me?

• Members

I listened to three of these songs done at TBC (I Stand Redeemed, There is a Redeemer and Lamb of Glory) and i may be dense,

but i did not see anything unscriptural about them.  Is the problem the writers of the songs, the original singers of the songs, the words of the song?  I am just not getting it.  I only listened to the way it was done in the church.  Can someone enlighten me?

I was wondering about the I Stand Redeemed song. That sounded more like old time Gospel Quartet than anything like CCM.

• Members

Quinkie: I think the point of the issue is that these songs were originally created as rock-style CCM. This subtle conversion to hymn type orchestration is how CCM gets the foothold and over time, they'll be jamming like any worldly "church"

• Members

I think the point of the issue is that these songs were originally created as rock-style CCM. This subtle conversion to hymn type orchestration is how CCM gets the foothold and over time, they'll be jamming like any worldly "church"

Does I Stand Redeemed fit into that category? I'm not aware of the origins of that song.

• Members

I was wondering about the I Stand Redeemed song. That sounded more like old time Gospel Quartet than anything like CCM.

Legacy Five is the writer and producer of I Stand Redeemed. They are billed as a southern gospel group (they were formed from the remnants of the Cathedral Quartet). As a side note, this information comes by searching online not by any personal interest on my part.

To answer your question: An old time gospel quartet wouldn't use a rock beat in their music. Legacy Five does use a rock beat. It is my opinion that they are a CCM crossover group. The song "I Stand Redeemed" is a perfect of the CCM style being used by Legacy Five.

• Members

Legacy Five is the writer and producer of I Stand Redeemed. They are billed as a southern gospel group (they were formed from the remnants of the Cathedral Quartet). As a side note, this information comes by searching online not by any personal interest on my part.

To answer your question: An old time gospel quartet wouldn't use a rock beat in their music. Legacy Five does use a rock beat. It is my opinion that they are a CCM crossover group. The song "I Stand Redeemed" is a perfect of the CCM style being used by Legacy Five.

Maybe I just missed it, but I didn't notice the rock beat from the video. I didn't have my speakers very loud either so maybe I couldn't hear it.

Thank you for the information. I've never heard of Legacy Five before now. I do know of some Southern Gospel groups of the modern sort which use heavy beats and often loud music. We were given a free DVD sample which at the time I thought was of Gospel Quartets but turned out to be of modern Southern Gospel groups, and while the singing was mostly good, most of the songs had heavy, rockin' type music with them, and in some scenes where you could see a drummer or electric guitar player, they had long, unkempt hair and they were moving and making faces as if they were in a rock band. Not a DVD we'll probably ever watch again. In fact, it will probably end up in the trash.

Archived