• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Presenting The Gospel

• Members

Now back to the OP: Presenting the Gospel with regards to Soul Winning.

Romans 10: 13  For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

14  How then shall the call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear

without a preacher?

These verses tells us that they (the lost) must first hear God's Salvation's Plan; then they must believe God's Salvation's Plan; and then they must call upon the Lord accepting

God's Salvation Plan.

All these acts  may happen within minutes of each other OR they could occur over several weeks, months or years.

• Members
Luke 24:46-48

46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:

47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

48 And ye are witnesses of these things.

• Members

This evening, our speaker spoke on Matthew 12:20-45. "Repent and believe the gospel."

We also sang this hymn.

’TIS finished! the Messiah dies,

cut off for sins, but not His own;

accomplished is the sacrifice,

the great redeeming work is done.

’Tis finished! all the debt is paid;

justice divine is satisfied;

the grand and full atonement made;

God for a guilty world has died.

2 The veil is rent in Christ alone;

the living way to heaven is seen;

the middle wall is broken down,

and all mankind may enter in.

The types and figures are fulfilled;

exacted is the legal pain;

the precious promises are sealed;

the spotless Lamb of God is slain.

3 The reign of sin and death is o’er,

and all may live from sin set free;

Satan has lost his mortal power;

’tis swallowed up in victory.

Saved from the legal curse I am,

my Saviour hangs on yonder tree:

see there the meek, expiring Lamb!

’Tis finished! He expires for me.

4 Accepted in the Well-beloved,

and clothed in righteousness divine,

I see the bar to heaven removed,

and all Your merits, Lord, are mine.

Death, hell, and sin are now subdued;

all grace is now to sinners given;

and lo, I plead the atoning blood,

and in Your right I claim Your heaven.

• 1 year later...
  • Members

In appreciation for the OP and it's intent, I want to encourage everybody to labor in the fields which are white for harvest.  The laborers are few.  One thing Jesus said we should pray specifically for is laborers to go into the field, and I'm praying for anybody reading this to grow in grace and in knowledge of our Lord as I hope you will pray for me.  The more I know Him, the more I want to serve Him so He can bring more fruit.....more of what is going to not be burned away in the Judgment, but will be remain in heaven forever.

I'm far from the best soul winner, but I'm also far from the least willing to try.  It's a matter of obedience, to be unashamed of the gospel and stand up and say I believe Jesus is God the only Savior on whom we must believe to be saved and whom we must receive to have His eternal life, to be saved from eternal condemnation in Hell's fiery torments.   Sometimes I'll be in a place where I have the opportunity to share my faith, tell them the gospel and tell them I believe it....and the time leading up to that moment I wrestle with the fear thinking they are hard headed and hard heated like most people in the world are, and they will reject it and think me crazy ......but I have to obey God and not be ashamed of the gospel ...being ready always to give an answer to every man of the hope that I have in Jesus....

The question, the proof will be my willingness to suffer.  Am I willing to suffer shame for the Lord's name sake, like the apostles who rejoiced after they were beaten for ministering the gospel, rejoicing that the Lord counted them worthy to suffer shame for His name's sake?   People are dying with one foot in the grave and one foot melting over the fire of Hell.  How can I not desire to be used of God to present His offer of salvation?  How can I not desire God send more laborers into the field, and hopefully better ones than me

How can I not desire God to do whatever He needs to do to make me more fruitful to better serve Him in this vanishing vapor of time He has given me?

• 10 months later...
  • Members

It's easy to present the gospel. You just talk to them. You can't force on them. I just converse, and answer questions just like HE did. The saving act is not up to us. We are just the agents. You can't tell everyone they're dying and going to Hell. I just offer them a tract or invitation to church, and go from there. You just answer their questions or talk to them. Pure and simple.:amen:

• 3 months later...