• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Presenting The Gospel

• Members

Sorry about that.

So am I. I gave up any hope of fellowship long ago. Now, I just post here to kill time between vendors.

I extended a hand of friendship when I first came here and you guys pretended to accept it for a while. Then, I made the mistake of revealing myself as one of those big, bad, evil monergists.

I gave up on fellowship long ago. Now I just post to threads as they interest me to kill time waiting for vendors.

Edited by Auburn88

• Members

Sometimes beginning with a combative spirit tends to lead to no real good discussions.  Perhaps if you were less combative you wouldn't feel like people treat you like garbage.

Yeah, that must be it. I must have just been combative when I admitted that I hold to Reformed theology. That must be what made you act this way!

Thanks for clearing that up.

Is that also why one of your fellows followed me to BaptistBoard to not only attack me, but to go after my wife and family?

Incidentally, if I was being as combative as you now claim (and, remember, you're the same person who kept trying to goad me into an argument, even after I told you two times that I felt I had made my point and was finished), then why did I keep getting messages saying that people liked my posts?

Edited by Auburn88

• Members

Conducting ourselves in love is something we Baptists sometimes lack. We fail to show patience and charity towards those who hold to other beliefs and all too often if we can't quickly silence one we disagree with we slam the door on them. These are sins we too willingly ignore or even refuse to acknowledge.

• Administrators

Yeah, that must be it. I must have just been combative when I admitted that I hold to Reformed theology. That must be what made you act this way!  Me? I have never said anything negative to you about your reformed theology.  Never.  Am I right in assuming that by "you" you mean the board in toto?

Thanks for clearing that up. You're welcome.  :biggrin:  (That was said jokingly because I know you were being sarcastic)

Is that also why one of your fellows followed me to BaptistBoard to not only attack me, but to go after my wife and family?  Well, the Admin and moderators have no authority over anyone beyond this forum, but I will say that if someone from here does something like that, it is sin on their part.  

Incidentally, if I was being as combative as you now claim (and, remember, you're the same person who kept trying to goad me into an argument, even after I told you two times that I felt I had made my point and was finished), then why did I keep getting messages saying that people liked my posts?  I wasn't trying to goad you into anything. If you had just ceded to my request and not begun arguing, there would have been nothing more said.  But you had to keep on...and I didn't twist your arm to do that. Read it back over, and it will certainly seem combative - kind of thumbing the electronic nose at a moderator.  I have no idea why you kept getting messages that people liked your post. It's interesting that you received messages that people liked your posts, and yet none are "liked" publicly.  

Look, Auburn, I'm sorry that you've had bad experiences. I really am.  It is wrong to treat each other in a hateful manner. 

• Members

Look, Auburn, I'm sorry that you've had bad experiences. I really am.  It is wrong to treat each other in a hateful manner. 

Then stop.

I wasn't trying to goad you into anything. If you had just ceded to my request and not begun arguing

Actually, I told you twice that I felt I made my point and was finished. You insisted on bringing it up again.

It's interesting that you received messages that people liked your posts, and yet none are "liked" publicly.  

Well, keep in mind that I hadn't yet revealed myself as Satan Incarnate (aka a Calvinist).

Incidentally, I've recently started posting on CARM. Funny, but the Finneyists are the only ones there who are rude and obnoxious (and the atheists, of course, but they're that way with everybody). So it's not just here. I guess it's universal among Finneyists.

Edited by Auburn88

• Administrators

Then stop. Wow.

I wasn't trying to goad you into anything. If you had just ceded to my request and not begun arguing

Actually, I told you twice that I felt I made my point and was finished. You insisted on bringing it up again.  I told you once to drop it (before you said you made your point)...and you kept it up. Man, you just have to have the last word, don't you. Even when someone's trying to be nice.

Well, keep in mind that I hadn't yet revealed myself as Satan Incarnate (aka a Calvinist). Oh, I'm sorry - I thought you meant today.

• Members
I told you once to drop it (before you said you made your point)...and you kept it up. Man, you just have to have the last word, don't you. Even when someone's trying to be nice.

Really? That's what passes for "nice" around here, huh?

Edited by Auburn88

• Members

Conducting ourselves in love is something we Baptists sometimes lack. We fail to show patience and charity towards those who hold to other beliefs and all too often if we can't quickly silence one we disagree with we slam the door on them. These are sins we too willingly ignore or even refuse to acknowledge.

Whoa Whoa Whoa there John 81, only speak for yourself. "We"? You have a frog in your pocket?

• Members

Whoa Whoa Whoa there John 81, only speak for yourself. "We"? You have a frog in your pocket?

Is it not true we sometimes see this among our own? I know some Baptists today who remind me of the old men I knew as a child (Baptist and Methodist) who always walked around with a scowl on their face, always seemed very stern, never cracked a smile, were quick to speak unkindly because of their judgment another was wrong, rarely said anything uplifting or kind.

Thankfully I don't see near as many of that sort these days, but there are still some. Even so, there are yet many more who are quick to speak in a condemning manner, of which I admit I've been guilty of that before myself.

For whatever reason, we Baptists, especially us Baptist men, tend to leave out the love and grace that should be behind all we say and do.

• Members

I find it quite amusing that nearly every time a thread gets going, it strays so far off track.  I started this post in hopes that someone might build their confidence in soul winning, and it went to repentance, and then bickering.  Why don't we put the boxing gloves away and get with the program! 

I almost regret posting it.