• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

Kitagrl

Gays In The Boy Scouts

None of my kids are in the Boy Scouts, but I really hope they do not start allowing gays in there as they are discussing.  The Boy Scouts are, I think, one of the remaining groups in America that teach boys to be men.   And if little boys do not want to grow up to be men, then they shouldn't be a Boy Scout.   The Boy Scouts is a group that eliminates all girls, so boys don't think about anything but being boys and men and doing boy and men stuff.   If you allow in boys who think they're girls, then they don't need to be in the Boy Scouts.

Drives me nuts.

Plus people are stupid enough to think that gay men Scout leaders are going to keep their hands to themselves?  Sure.

I know this viewpoint makes me considered to be just as bad as the KKK in the modern world's eyes, but they're just so blinded.

There is really only two reasons they want to be in the Boy Scouts. First, to be accepted as normal; second, to convert the kids.

True.  Going to expand a little...

1.  To be accepted as normal = force America to accept an alternate lifestyle as "normal".  (It's working.)

2.  To convert the kids = strength in numbers

What makes me mad is, how can a 10 year old kid be "gay"?  Doesn't "gay" denote alternate bedroom activity?  Of course, our kids are being oversexed these days anyway, but really?!?!

The idea that you can have a Boy Scout that by the time they hit 15 is attracted to several of his fellow Boy Scouts is just sickening to me.  Oops, there's that KKK mentality coming out in me again...

The school system and media all promote early talk and "teaching" of sex matters to children. Children, even elementary age (and younger in some cases) are told that homosexuality is normal, just another expression of love. They are also taught they should experiment to find out for themselves what their true sexual identity is. Of course the only way to experiment is to engage in sex with both same sex and opposite sex partners. Thus children are encouraged to learn their true identity by engaging in sex at a young age, with multiple partners of both sexes.

Eventually the bounds will be pushed to the point of anything goes and people are "free" to do what's right in their own eyes while everyone else cheers them on.

It would be a target rich environment for the sodomites.

I was a member of the US Navy's version of the Boy Scouts, the United States Naval Sea Cadet Corps.  Sometimes wonder if they've already gone the same route or not.  Belonging to this group was instrumental in keeping me from going completely over the cliff into liberalism and rebellion to God.  There were many professing Christians and even missionaries in our unit in those days.

To me, it would be the same idea as having a man lead a group of girl scouts, or a boy joining the girl scouts.   You just can't go camping in the woods in that type of environment.  If a boy really wants to be a girl, then they should just make the "gay scouts" of America.  I'd be ok with that.  They just need to start their own group.

One of the big problems these days with the Boy Scouts is that in many cases they are no longer truy Christian any more. n most places, here included, the Mormons have taken to running and hosting the meetings, thus, the organizations they host have a semblance of godliness but without the power thereof.

One of the big problems these days with the Boy Scouts is that in many cases they are no longer truy Christian any more. n most places, here included, the Mormons have taken to running and hosting the meetings, thus, the organizations they host have a semblance of godliness but without the power thereof.

It's all about who the local leaders are. If the Mormons are in leadership they can mold the program to support and promote Mormonism. The national Boy Scouts office allows this. That's why, as you say, the Boy Scouts can't be considered a Christian group. Some local groups are still run by Christians and still decent, but elsewhere local Boy Scout troops can be anything from very secular to promoting various false religions.

Being the adult leader in the Boy Scouts would be the ideal place for an adult sodomite to recruiting young children to be his trophies.

Is the Cub Scouts a part of the Boy Scouts? Haven't heard them mentioned, but I feel sure the sodomites would love to infiltrate them as well, they would be even younger. And they love to start them out at a young age training them in the way they want them to go. They're trying to do what Christians parents are suppose to do yet most refuse, only their desire is to corrupt children.

With that said its only a matter of time, the sodomites will become part of the Boy Scouts.

Christians parents will finally have to keep their children out of worldly organization made up of un-churched worldly people. Of course many will refuse & lose their children to the world, old Satan, just as they do by sending their children to public schools.

I just read in the Sword of the Lord about a set of Colorado parents suing the public school because they refuse to let their little 6 year old son use the girls restrooms.

:verymad:

What father & mother would want a six year old boy using the restroom at school with their six year old daughter & her fellow classmates?

The idea that you can have a Boy Scout that by the time they hit 15 is attracted to several of his fellow Boy Scouts is just sickening to me.  Oops, there's that KKK mentality coming out in me again...

The first time I let it slide but now I can't resist. KKK (konservative Kristian kids).

I was a member of the US Navy's version of the Boy Scouts, the United States Naval Sea Cadet Corps.  Sometimes wonder if they've already gone the same route or not.  Belonging to this group was instrumental in keeping me from going completely over the cliff into liberalism and rebellion to God.  There were many professing Christians and even missionaries in our unit in those days.

We used to raise the church pennant on Sundays too. The only flag/pennant allowed to be above the American flag.

In Colorado a man can already use a public woman's restroom and if you object or try to prevent it you can face 30 days in jail and a $1000 fine!

That passed 2 years ago.

This is just crazy.

Edited by ASongOfDegrees

None of my kids are in the Boy Scouts, but I really hope they do not start allowing gays in there as they are discussing.  The Boy Scouts are, I think, one of the remaining groups in America that teach boys to be men.   And if little boys do not want to grow up to be men, then they shouldn't be a Boy Scout.   The Boy Scouts is a group that eliminates all girls, so boys don't think about anything but being boys and men and doing boy and men stuff.   If you allow in boys who think they're girls, then they don't need to be in the Boy Scouts.

Drives me nuts.

Plus people are stupid enough to think that gay men Scout leaders are going to keep their hands to themselves?  Sure.

I know this viewpoint makes me considered to be just as bad as the KKK in the modern world's eyes, but they're just so blinded.

As an Eagle Scout and a big supporter of the Boy Scout program, I approached my pastor late last November or early December to inquire if he would be interested in forming a Boy Scout troop at our church. My pastor had been looking at different ways to encourage more involvement of the teens in our church, and he jumped at the idea.

Fast forward two months. Headlines everywhere I looked claimed that the BSA was planning on holding a vote to change their anti-gay membership ban. They tried to smooth everything over by saying that on the national level, the ban would be lifted, but each local troop still could choose whether or not to allow gay members. Of course, this is how compromise begins. I wrote a scathing letter to the BSA, detailing exactly what the Scout Law and Oath meant:

Scout Law

A Scout is: Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful, Friendly, Courteous, Kind, Obediant, Cheerful, Thrifty, Brave, Clean and Reverant.

Scout Oath

On my honor, I will do my best to do my duty to God and my country. To obey the Scout Law, and to keep myself physically strong, mentally awake, and morally straight.

Sadly, regardless of whether or not they choose to keep the ban in place, we will not be sponsoring a troop at my church simply because the organizations actions here display that they will consider compromising their values. I am proud of what being a Scout has taught me, I am ashamed to see such a beneficial organization abandon their values for the sake of political correctness. RIP BSA.

As an Eagle Scout and a big supporter of the Boy Scout program, I approached my pastor late last November or early December to inquire if he would be interested in forming a Boy Scout troop at our church. My pastor had been looking at different ways to encourage more involvement of the teens in our church, and he jumped at the idea.

Fast forward two months. Headlines everywhere I looked claimed that the BSA was planning on holding a vote to change their anti-gay membership ban. They tried to smooth everything over by saying that on the national level, the ban would be lifted, but each local troop still could choose whether or not to allow gay members. Of course, this is how compromise begins. I wrote a scathing letter to the BSA, detailing exactly what the Scout Law and Oath meant:

Scout Law

A Scout is: Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful, Friendly, Courteous, Kind, Obediant, Cheerful, Thrifty, Brave, Clean and Reverant.

Scout Oath

On my honor, I will do my best to do my duty to God and my country. To obey the Scout Law, and to keep myself physically strong, mentally awake, and morally straight.

Sadly, regardless of whether or not they choose to keep the ban in place, we will not be sponsoring a troop at my church simply because the organizations actions here display that they will consider compromising their values. I am proud of what being a Scout has taught me, I am ashamed to see such a beneficial organization abandon their values for the sake of political correctness. RIP BSA.

I was proud and humbled to have served in the U.S. Navy (I served in back when). I also am proud of my involvement in scouting. Although, proud of those past experiences, I am beyond ashamed of what both are becoming...I'm disgusted. 

Edited by "I am chief"

My son (he'll be eleven in August) wanted to join the Scouts recently, but I cannot in good conscience allow it now that they're even considering such a thing. Combine that with the molestation scandal from last year, and I just don't trust it. I'd rather he stay involved in church. Being a Scout (especially Eagle Scout) used to really mean something. My friends when I was a child who were Boy Scouts were upstanding, moral, godly young men who were happy to serve God, their parents, and the community. 

Scout Law

Scout Oath

I think for a good Independent Baptist Church they should never sponsor any type of worldly organization. For that church does not have total say so of the organization their putting both time & money into, its being unequally yoke.

Sad many churches tie their self to our government, & they mostly do so for gained money, & then they're unequally yoked with the government while the government says what they can or cannot do.

We are going to be told by the government soon enough what we can or cannot do, let along getting yoked up with them now because of money, tax breaks, & that kind of stuff.

I was proud and humbled to have served in the U.S. Navy (I served in back when). I also am proud of my involvement in scouting. Although, proud of those past experiences, I am beyond ashamed of what both are becoming...I'm disgusted. 

I'm with you Dave.  Every month I cringe and can barely read through my lifetime membership of Proceedings magazine anymore.

Scout Law

Scout Oath

I'm an Eagle Scout as well and feel the same way.  My father was our Scoutmaster and he did a great job in keeping it Christ-oriented.  I wanted my boys to have those same opportunities for growth, learning, and fun, but alas, it looks like that choice is being removed.  I'm sure I'll still take my boys camping and learn all of those life/social skills, but it's not quite the same.  Things like AWANA and Master Clubs are good church organizations for teaching kids Scripture, but boys need boy activities, particularly with the involvement of their fathers.  Perhaps we should just start a Christ-centered organization with a little boy scout flavor (camping, outdoor skills, life lessons, etc).  I wonder how well that'd take off...

My son (he'll be eleven in August) wanted to join the Scouts recently, but I cannot in good conscience allow it now that they're even considering such a thing. Combine that with the molestation scandal from last year, and I just don't trust it. I'd rather he stay involved in church. Being a Scout (especially Eagle Scout) used to really mean something. My friends when I was a child who were Boy Scouts were upstanding, moral, godly young men who were happy to serve God, their parents, and the community. 

I agree, for in the scouts he would make friend with unbelievers, & you never know how they will influence him.

In the Old Testament Days every time Israel got in trouble it was from becoming friends with, associating with unbelievers. And they would influence them to take up with their gods, leaving the Real living God out of their life.

Ga 5:9 A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.

1Co 5:6 Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?