• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

JerryNumbers

Walking Back From The Mail Box Lighting Struc

When i went to the mail box it was raining, walking back from the mail box lighting struck. I looked towards my right hand holding the umbrella. I heard a noise like electricity static though the air, & saw some light blue streaks of electricity  Left a funny feeling in my body, but no harm. When the thunder came a few moments later it was extremely loud, feeling as if it was going to knock me on by backside.

When I came in the front door Linda said, "When I saw that lighting all around you I thought you better hurry up and get inside before it hits you."

She did not realize just how close it came. That is the closest lighting has ever came to me that I can remember. I know I'm fortunate walking on a wet driveway holding an umbrella in the raid.

As a boy I was standing next to sliding glass doors in dining room when a bolt of lightning struck the grass just outside the concrete slab, no more than 5 feet away.  It was white and blue about 18 inches in diameter with little branches of electricity arcing off, the thunderclap was enormous, loudest I'd ever heard.

Working offshore our hands would get little shocks while touching the helm or railings when lightning bolts were striking the water all around us.

Glad you're ok Preacher, the Lord's not ready for you yet!  

Ohh, here in Florida NO self-respectin' Floridian uses an umbrella!   :face:

When i went to the mail box it was raining, walking back from the mail box lighting struck. I looked towards my right hand holding the umbrella. I heard a noise like electricity static though the air, & saw some light blue streaks of electricity  Left a funny feeling in my body, but no harm. When the thunder came a few moments later it was extremely loud, feeling as if it was going to knock me on by backside.

When I came in the front door Linda said, "When I saw that lighting all around you I thought you better hurry up and get inside before it hits you."

She did not realize just how close it came. That is the closest lighting has ever came to me that I can remember. I know I'm fortunate walking on a wet driveway holding an umbrella in the raid.

It was raining raid?! Brings a whole new meaning to "acid rain"!

Glad you are ok, though!

Prayers took on a new meaning I would assume after this.

Personally when I finished changing my (well you know) I would have been thanking God for many things, especially the fact that He must still have plans for you.

Now that is odd. I just read this post this afternoon, after coming back from the mailbox and it was raining. Thankfully - we do not have the same type of lightning that you do in the US  :icon_pray:

Edited by Gabrielle A

What kind of lightning do you have?

The kind that comes down out of the sky, them a few seconds later there's a big boom. Of course they say it runs from the earth up into the sky, but it seems to do the opposite. Are there other kinds?