• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

If You Had An Opportunity, Who Here Would You Like To Meet?

• Members

I would like to meet Kitagirl, and a few years back there was a lady on here named "Lumi" who always thrilled my heart and I would like to meet her.  She really made an impact on me with her quiet spirit.  I don't know what ever happened to her, but will meet her someday in heaven.

• Members

I remember Lumi!  I think she may have moved over to the ladies forum, and then I think maybe she got offline from there.   I hope she is doing well.  Someone I wished I had met was "Annie" who I found out later was a fairly well known lady in the "IFB circles" who just recently died of cancer.  It really made me think about how I treat people online who are "anonymous" but could very well be someone I would truly like to know in person!   And also, it reminded me that sometimes people are going through things that we may never know about.  Only maybe a month before Annie passed away, she was posting on here "perfectly normally" when in real life she was very, very sick.

Oops, sorry for the rabbit trail.  Just thinking about the "people behind the screen names" I guess!

• Members

I would love to meet everyone, yes everyone, even those who I have had the most disagreements with, even those that who have gotten personal calling me names. I even think they would be more intriguing to meet than those who agreed with me the most & were very polite, & encouraging.

With that stated, we who are of Christ will one day be in Heaven together, perhaps them we will know that we communicated together here on onlinebaptist while still abiding on earth. And even if we don't we know one thing for sure, we who have Christ as Savior has no doom & gloom ahead of us. The truth is at any moment in our lives we always have the best ahead of us in our future.

• Members

If any of you are ever in New England let me know, I would love to meet up with you.

Now that's too far away, why don't we all meet at my home?  I'm sure my wife and kids won't mind cookin' for 100 or so, we've done it before.    Have you seen her rice pot and tasted the way she cooks pork?  Hmmmmm!!!

• Members

Someone I wished I had met was "Annie" who I found out later was a fairly well known lady in the "IFB circles" who just recently died of cancer.

I didn't know about this. She used to post on here a lot. Why wasn't this announced? Not saying it's anyone's job to do that but I'm surprised this wasn't announced--maybe it was and I missed it. I didn't know that.