• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

A Call To Prayer. *Please Read*

Guest Guest

• Members

We must pray and fast more. We need unity/love towards one another in our churches instead of aloofness, groups formed not open to inviting other saved church members. If we can't love our real family now how can we pray for any Revival or serve the LORD how He desires, deserves and demands in the end.

:amen:

I was recently reading a sermon by an IFB pastor affiliated with Sword of the Lord. He spoke of how unloving, unwelcoming, unforgiving so many IFB folks are, or can be.

This pastor pointed out that when a fellow brother or sister in Christ strays, backslides, simply gets discouraged or steps away, the common response by of so many IFBs is to do nothing in an attempt to help them or guide them back.

This pastor also pointed out how when such return they are not greeted as Scripture shows us in the example of the prodigal son. Rather than being welcomed back with cheer and love; such tend to be ignored, talked about, greeted with a lecture, scorned, or worse.

Scripture says we are to be known for the love we show and share with our fellows in Christ. Sadly, we are often more known for our infighting as well as our fighting with or against others in Christ. This ought not be so.

We are called to live, walk and talk in charity. As Scripture says, love covers a multitude of sins...love seeks not it's own way...we are to love one another...and of course, if we love Christ we will obey His commands in these and all other areas.

• Members

Amen!! Still so true today!! We must start serving in Christ's love!! We don't do the work--- He does by the Holy Spirit in us! All we have to do is obey IN ALL THINGS and HE will just bless us as His fruit hangers. It's the GIVING IT ALL to him I belive we struggle with--Hey, He's the only one who has your very best interest at heart always!!!

Yep, and Christians keep on failing to take action so a call to action must be repeated continually.

• Members

The LORD calls for disapline this is true. Yet so many times people miss church for real reasons. When they tell you they couldn't walk-that the Dr.is messing with their medicines--Believe them don't shun them! Some people cann't drive at all, after night or due to medications needed at certain times. Why are we judging so? Know one seem's to get there are church members really crying because they couldn't be there but reading their Bibles. We need to stop thinking everyone is skipping church. Sometimes people will be so angry I actually wonder if their mad because their husband made them go!! Used to hurt deeply now sometimes able to just cope(depending on the day) and somedays I'm able to laugh at home later when I think--If they only knew!!! Then they expect all your trust them! Our church family should be a safe place to fall. I've found only a few brothers and sisters really are...a very sad few at times. I guess I'm asking for us to look at people in our church family with more love not making harsh judgements so quickly. I pray I haven't spoken out of turn.