• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

A Call To Prayer. *Please Read*

Guest Guest

Here is something I have written, and am sending to fifty churches in my area:
"Dear Pastor,

I am sending you this letter to make a request of you - a request on the behalf of America, the nation in which we live. Our country, once much more moral and Christian, is now decadent and filled with immorality.
Homosexual marriage is legal in three states, and the number will probably increase even more in the coming days. Masculinity and feminity and God's Natural Order have been all but completely destroyed in our country, with men no longer the leaders, protectors, and providers as they were ordained to be, and women no longer as the helpers and comforters.
Abortion is completely legal in all states; millions of innocent children, who were formed and created in their mother's womb by God, are being brutally murdered every single year.
Apostates are allowed to preach the "Gospel"; people who believe in more than one way of Salvation, do not believe the Bible is God's Word, believe God wants you to be "rich and successful", and a variety of other heretical and positively un-Biblical things. But this is not the worst part - the worst part is that we, the Bible-believing Christians in this country, have allowed it to go basically uncontrolled and rampant.
The election is coming up in a matter of days - and things are not looking good. Both of the candidates hold many beliefs contrary to God's Word, and are not the kind of people we should want leading our country.
How did this happen? This rampant immorality? It happened because of us, the Christians of this country, not taking action. We do not witness like we should, pray like we should, or read our Bible like we should. Why? We are lukewarm; cold. We've compromised, we've backed down, we've let our fires be quenched - that is how this happened.
So I urge you, pastor, to ask your church to join me and other Christians around this country in prayer - praying that our country will turn back to God, and become a more Christian, moral country than it's ever been.
(2 Chronicles 7:14) - "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."
If we shall humble ourselves, pray, seek God's face, and turn from our wicked ways and our lukewarmness, God will hear us, forgive us, and heal our land. And our land, my brother, is America.
In your announcement on Sunday, please strongly encourage all of your congregation to join me and others on Monday, November 3, the day before the election, at 7:00 P.M. Central Time, 8:00 P.M. Eastern Time, 6:00 P.M. Mountain Time, and 5:00 P.M. Pacific Time for an hour-long prayer just for our country. It needs it.
I know God will hear our prayers, and He may very well answer them with a 'yes'. I know that even if He does, our country will still have to be punished for its sins, but it will be saved from a much worse fate. We need to pray that God will have mercy upon our country and us and that, above all, His Will would be done.
This is serious. America's been an immoral country for quite some time now. The blessings of our Christian heritage are running out. It's time to rise up, it's time to pray, it's time to seek God's face.
If we don't, America is lost. Only Christ can make the difference, and He works through us. This is a wake-up call - a call to prayer. It is time to stop compromising, stop being lukewarm, and start serving God. Our fires need to start burning strongly once again. It is time...for action!

Thank you for reading, and God bless,
a brother in Christ."
I urge all of you on this site to join me in this attempt, and I also request that each of you would print out a copy of this and give it your pastor so he can get it by Sunday morning before (or around when) services start, so he can announce it.
You can just tell him you found it on the Internet, and thought it was worth passing around.
Thank you, and God bless,
Crushmaster.

I just saw this tonight. I was only on OB for awhile today...I have been busy attending to things of the home.

YES!! The first Tuesday of every month since last June...my IFB church has set aside for fasting and prayer. We are diligently praying for "Revival" in this immoral country, if God would allow it.

A great idea!! Let us all join hands as brothers and sisters of Christ on Online Baptist and unite in prayer on November 3rd at 8:00 P.M.

:amen: :pray

I stand with every Christian...for God to heal our land if we will call upon Him and turn from our awful, wicked ways. God bless.

I just saw this tonight. I was only on OB for awhile today...I have been busy attending to things of the home.

YES!! The first Tuesday of every month since last June...my IFB church has set aside for fasting and prayer. We are diligently praying for "Revival" in this immoral country, if God would allow it.

A great idea!! Let us all join hands as brothers and sisters of Christ on Online Baptist and unite in prayer on November 3rd at 8:00 P.M.

:amen: :pray

I stand with every Christian...for God to heal our land if we will call upon Him and turn from our awful, wicked ways. God bless.

Thanks, Candlelight. :wink If you could tell your pastor about it, too, and ask him to announce it at your church, I'd really appreciate it, as well.
God bless,
Crushmaster.

• Members

Philippians 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
1 Peter 4:7 But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer.
Matthew 21:22 And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.

• Members
Philippians 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
1 Peter 4:7 But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer.
Matthew 21:22 And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.

:amen:

• 9 months later...
  • Members

We must pray and fast more. We need unity/love towards one another in our churches instead of aloofness, groups formed not open to inviting other saved church members. If we can't love our real family now how can we pray for any Revival or serve the LORD how He desires, deserves and demands in the end.