• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Best Beverage Ever

MadeFree92

• Members

I'm a bit of an odd duck; a prior military, former trucker, Baptist preacher who doesn't like coffee.

Tried it black, with cream, with sugar, with creme and sugar -- didn't like it.

My mother said "I didn't like it at first either but you acquire a taste for it after a while", I responded "If it tasted nasty to begin with, why bother acquiring the taste".

Our senior pastor didn't like coffee until he served in his first church after seminary. Being the new guy on the church staff it was his job to prepare the coffee each morning. Eventually he decided if he was going to have to make it he might as well drink it too. Soon he was a full fledged coffee drinker as most pastors seem to be.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This post was meant for me this morning! I went to make coffee, and while brewing I went on computer to check out this website, once I read this I realized my coffee should be done...but alas, I'd forgot to turn it on! Thanks for the post! :coffee2:

I feel rather :th_wellduh: when that happens to me!

• Members

In cental Pa. of the USA there is a mountian called shade mountian. If you drive up shade mountian from th south on route 104 you can turn left near the top of the mountian. Do so and about 150 yards up the mountain on the right side of the road there is a small pipe that has spring water flowing at all times. It is great plain or you can add coffee for a change. Tea is good too! I recently bought home made grade A Maple surpe at the bottem of shade mountain on the north side along route 104. I add some maple surpe to hot water to make maple tea. Wow is that good!

• Members

In cental Pa. of the USA there is a mountian called shade mountian. If you drive up shade mountian from th south on route 104 you can turn left near the top of the mountian. Do so and about 150 yards up the mountain on the right side of the road there is a small pipe that has spring water flowing at all times. It is great plain or you can add coffee for a change. Tea is good too! I recently bought home made grade A Maple surpe at the bottem of shade mountain on the north side along route 104. I add some maple surpe to hot water to make maple tea. Wow is that good!

Time for an OB road trip and picnic! That is if spring actually ever shows up and stays.

• Moderators

Roses are red

Violets are purple

Sugar is sweet

And so is maple surple!

We have a place rather like what you speak of-across Honey Lake, at the base of the Skedaddle mountains, (yes, really), there is a park that has a natural Artesian well, with spring water flowing continually from a pipe. Sometimes the flow is stronger, sometimes weaker.  Since the water out here in the community is of pretty poor quality, provided from an old military well, its my understanding that for the past, oh, 40 years it has been the habit of the folks in the area to go there with bottles and buckets to collect water for the week's use. It became a big meet-up place, where folks would picnic together while getting their water.  Sadly, most of them are gone, and most of the folks around here have no clue the spring exists.  My wife and I like to go by from time to time, but few others ever do anymore, what with their bottled water and delivered water. Now I sould like an old man.

• Members

Nope, you've got it all wrong!

1 Keurig machine

1 Breakfast Blend coffee K-cup

Your favorite mug

Bailey's chocolate creamer with real cream (non alcoholic of course!)

Pop K-cup in Keurig machine.  Allow to pour into mug.  Add chocolate creamer generously.  Microwave for 10 seconds because of the generous creamer.  Enjoy!

• Members

We have a coffee machine - grounds tamped into the "cup", heat water, pressure through the cup till it runs clear(ish), then fill with cold milk, steam the milk till you can feel the heat in the bottom of the cup.
Mmmmmmmmmmmm coffee.

But for a special treat, there is no alternative.

Milo.

Just four scoops in milk is fine, but the SUPREME MILO is a cup filled with "soggy" icecream - you know how it is silky smooth around the edges of the carton when you get home from shopping on a hot day.......

Then four scoops of Milo, then boiling hot water.

Seriously...............
Nothing compares.......

• 7 months later...

Archived