• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Best Beverage Ever

MadeFree92

• Members

You typically want to grab this tin that reads: coffee. 

If you carefully follow the instructions below you can succeed in making the most magnificent beverage God gave to us. 

You will need: 

2-4 scoops, ground black coffee

8-12 oz of cold water. 

1 coffee filter

1 coffee pot

1 coffee mug

2 scoops of non-dairy, or a glub of dairy creamer (optional)

1-3 packets of sugar or artificial sweetener (optional)

Just a few more simple steps! :) 

Put the coffee grounds into the coffee filter, if you're making a larger pot, you want at least four scoops. Colombian is the preferred type, but Arabica or any other is perfectly acceptable. 

Once the grounds are placed into the coffee filter, and the filter is placed into the basket of the coffee maker, you can apply the water into the machine at the appropriate junction. 

The most crucial step is as follows, while most of the steps in this are optional, this one is not. You must locate and activate the power switch on the coffee maker. 

The coffee will take a few minutes to brew, and once it is done it is ready to be served in the coffee mug with or without the optional enhancements. 

The only step left is to enjoy! :)

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Or alternatively:

1. Locate jar of Bovril

2. Empty one teaspoonful into cup.

3. Eat one teaspoonful, maybe two, before putting back in cupboard.

4. Boil kettle

5. Pour in hot water and stir

6. Enjoy meaty goodness

I have to admit that I had to look that one up!  Not sure how much I would enjoy drinking this, but I would try it....   :umno:  

• Moderators

Or alternatively:

1. Locate jar of Bovril

2. Empty one teaspoonful into cup.

3. Eat one teaspoonful, maybe two, before putting back in cupboard.

4. Boil kettle

5. Pour in hot water and stir

6. Enjoy meaty goodness

I might if I can find it. I like that the beef doesn't have MSG, though the chicken and cubes would be rejected for that reason.   Meat coffee.

@MadeFree92,

For me its only the Colombian.

A scoop is arbitrary, I use a 1/4 cup measure. For 10 cups of water I put in a heaping scoop plus another one half scoop of Colombian.

1 1/2 tsp. of sugar and 2 1/2 tsp of original Carnation non-dairy creamer (put in the cup while waiting).

Ahhh! Three cups and you can bring on those beasts at Ephesus.

I joke about not needing a cup to hold it, pour it in the air and bite off a chunk.

• Moderators

@MadeFree92,

For me its only the Colombian.

A scoop is arbitrary, I use a 1/4 cup measure. For 10 cups of water I put in a heaping scoop plus another one half scoop of Colombian.

1 1/2 tsp. of sugar and 2 1/2 tsp of original Carnation non-dairy creamer (put in the cup while waiting).

Ahhh! Three cups and you can bring on those beasts at Ephesus.

I joke about not needing a cup to hold it, pour it in the air and bite off a chunk.

I just kind of pour in the grounds till it looks about right. Seems to work pretty well, though.

• Moderators

I only know one other preacher who doesn't like coffee, our associate pastor.

I'm a bit of an odd duck; a prior military, former trucker, Baptist preacher who doesn't like coffee.

Tried it black, with cream, with sugar, with creme and sugar -- didn't like it.

My mother said "I didn't like it at first either but you acquire a taste for it after a while", I responded "If it tasted nasty to begin with, why bother acquiring the taste".

• Members

You typically want to grab this tin that reads: coffee. 

If you carefully follow the instructions below you can succeed in making the most magnificent beverage God gave to us. 

You will need: 

2-4 scoops, ground black coffee

8-12 oz of cold water. 

1 coffee filter

1 coffee pot

1 coffee mug

2 scoops of non-dairy, or a glub of dairy creamer (optional)

1-3 packets of sugar or artificial sweetener (optional)

Just a few more simple steps! :)

Put the coffee grounds into the coffee filter, if you're making a larger pot, you want at least four scoops. Colombian is the preferred type, but Arabica or any other is perfectly acceptable. 

Once the grounds are placed into the coffee filter, and the filter is placed into the basket of the coffee maker, you can apply the water into the machine at the appropriate junction. 

The most crucial step is as follows, while most of the steps in this are optional, this one is not. You must locate and activate the power switch on the coffee maker. 

The coffee will take a few minutes to brew, and once it is done it is ready to be served in the coffee mug with or without the optional enhancements. 

The only step left is to enjoy! :)

This post was meant for me this morning! I went to make coffee, and while brewing I went on computer to check out this website, once I read this I realized my coffee should be done...but alas, I'd forgot to turn it on! Thanks for the post! :coffee2:

Archived