• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

John81

Yet Another "conservative" Repub Turns

(Remember during the elections when many Christians declared how conservative and family friendly Ryan was and how him being on the ticket with the liberal flip-flopping Mormon Romney made it okay to vote for Romney? Remember the flack those across the nation took who pointed out that neither Romney nor Ryan were true conservatives and neither could be trusted to uphold conservative positions?)

Paul Ryan Now Supports Adoption by Gay Couples

Republican Rep. Paul Ryan has said he believes gay couples should be able to adopt children, USA Today reports.

The Wisconsin congressman voted in favor of banning same-sex couples in Washington, D.C., from adopting in 1999, but he says he changed his mind.

“I'd vote differently these days,” Ryan said at a town-hall-style meeting in Wisconsin on Monday.

“I do believe that if there are children who are orphans who do not have a loving person or couple ... I think if a person wants to love and raise a child, they ought to be able to do that. Period. I would vote that way,” he says in a video on the liberal Think Progress website.

Mitt Romney's 2012 running mate clarified that he still believes “marriage is between a man and a woman. We just respectfully disagree on the issue.”

Though Romney said he supported gay adoption during the campaign, this is the first time Ryan has spoken about his stance since the '99 vote. Ryan said he changed his mind years ago.

Ryan also said he would vote in favor of the proposed Employment Non-Discrimination Act, “which would prohibit sexual-orientation discrimination in hiring and employment by civilian, non-religious employers with at least 15 employees,” according to Big News Network.

However, he added that he'd need to learn more about a transgender-inclusive version of the bill before deciding how to vote on that. President Barack Obama has said he supports passage of the bill.

http://www.charismanews.com/us/39315-paul-ryan-now-supports-adoption-by-gay-couples

The wayfarer,
Perceiving the pathway to truth,
Was struck with astonishment.
It was thickly grown with weeds.
"Ha," he said,
"I see that none has passed here
In a long time."
Later he saw that each weed
Was a singular knife.
"Well," he mumbled at last,
"Doubtless there are other roads."

• Stephen Crane, "The Wayfarer" (1899).

We have become a nation of wayfarers. Few are willing to travel the difficult road of truth and instead opt for the road of expediency and/or personal gain. I believe most of these wayfarers hope their journey ends before the ultimate destination of these last two choices is reached, not realizing that hell is the only option down either path wherever they get off.

For each person that opts for these other paths, another weed grows in the way of the truth, making truth that much more difficult for those of us who choose to travel it.

It just shows that Christians, bothers & sisters of Jesus, better stop placing faith in politicians  & place all of their faith, support, time, money in Christ, them place all of their works doing the works God has ordained them to do. Which is to go, teach, baptize, Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you. Yes, we are suppose to be His workmanship, Eph 2:10.

Of course that want change this country, but it just might change a few souls saving them from the pits of Hell yet that is the very job God has given each of us while not being friends of this world which is enmity with God.

Jas 4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God

As the blog post I posted not long back, the republican have used the Christians of this country, accepting their votes, making promises, yet never holding to the promises after getting elected.