• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

WoW (game)

• Members

It seem to me that more and more people are getting into war of warcraft (WoW).

Everyday, my hubby get pressured at work to try the game. it is also like drugs!

one guy actually had him convinced, told him that war of warcraft is alot cheaper than buying a bunch of other games.

So my hubby did the free trial. Thankfully, he didn't take too much interests in it.

What do you think of the game?

• Members

speak of games, this is crazy:

Woman jailed after 'killing' virtual husband

By MARI YAMAGUCHI ? Oct 23, 2008

TOKYO (AP) ? A 43-year-old player in a virtual game world became so angry about her sudden divorce from her online husband that she logged on with his password and killed his digital persona, police said Thursday.

The woman, who has been jailed on suspicion of illegally accessing a computer and manipulating electronic data, used his ID and password to log onto the popular interactive game "Maple Story" to carry out the virtual murder in May, a police official in the northern city of Sapporo said. He spoke on condition of anonymity because of department policy.... http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5i6uW ... wD940B2DG0

• Members

World of Warcraft has been around for a long time and is VERY popular and said to be VERY addicting. It's not that uncommon for some who get hooked on this game to lose their jobs because of it. Some refuse to go to the bathroom while they are playing the game online.

For whatever reason (likely demonic activity, but that's just my thoughts), this particular game is far more addictive and destructive to those addicted than are the vast majority of other games.

I've never played the game but I have seen where they have lowered the prices on most of the earlier versions and I think I read somewhere they have or are planning to upgrade the online experience for the game too.

• Members

World of warcraft is not very respected by serious gamers, but I had it playing behind me for months. My roomate played it and yes, it's addicting. He'd go to work at 7am, come home around 5pm, play til 2am, go to bed and do it all over again day after day after day. I almost gave him an intervention.

And he stopped much much sooner then others. I know of people who live like that for years. There was even a girl who prostituted herself for WoW coins to get her "epic mount" the coins would of cost her $200.00, or about 2 months of playing the game and earning them on there, instead she did something horrible. It's laughed about on game forums with screen shots of her posting and her very proud response that it worked.

I wouldn't go near that game if someone payed me to play it.

• Members

Although I have never played it to my knowledge it is what is considered a rold playing game. I personally would stay away from it and any such game. I used to play some role playing games. LIke the Final Fantasy series for Playstation. The basic goal in role playing games is to level up so you can become more powerful. You also cast magic spells and and many times summon things to help you. For example in one Final Fantasty game I played I could summone Leviathan, Oden, and Shiva to help me beat a hard boss. So even though it was a game I was summoning demons. I think a christian should stay away. Just my thoughts. God bless. :)