Online Baptist Community

Changing Screenname

JerryNumbers

• Independent Fundamental Baptist

Hint, I thought this was a good way of letting everyone know that you changed your screen name. Plus I was wondering when it was changed so that could be done. I figure sometime tomorrow, oh excuse me, sometime today, I just noticed it was Monday morning already, I will receive a reply telling me something about that. 

All of my truck driving days an unusual hours of working messed up my biological clock beyond repair & its never been the same.

And thank you, something I did not know, & never thought about doing. I'll be just who I am & not try to fool no one. Although if I change it to Jerrynumbers that would not fool anyone.

WELL, I don't know about this! I clicked on my display name, & I received this.

Oops! Something went wrong!

[#1011]
You do not have permission to change your display name.

Need Help?
Our help documentation
Contact the community administrator

????????????????????????

Did I do something wrong?

Someone has hacked my profile, I did not make post number 7 & 8.

And its not letting me change my password.

Edited to add.

I'm going to log out, them try to log back in, I do not know what will take place, it may lock me out of online baptist.

Again, I did not make post number 7 & 8 in this topic, my account, password, or something has been hacked. And I don't believe for a moment was Alimantado.

I finally changed my password, but it refused to let me do so 3 or 4 times. So I'm back logged in. But someone is playing games, maybe they think that's funny, & its their way of getting even.

My password needed changing anyway, I believe I still had the same one I used when I joined this forum in December 2005.

It wasn't a hacking, it was someone else with the last digit off. You guys can know its the real Jerry by checking his high rating points. The fake Jerry has low rating points. I tried to get rid of him but if he comes back, just ignore him...if you reply to him it will only encourage him to keep causing trouble.

It wasn't a hacking, it was someone else with the last digit off. You guys can know its the real Jerry by checking his high rating points. The fake Jerry has low rating points. I tried to get rid of him but if he comes back, just ignore him...if you reply to him it will only encourage him to keep causing trouble.

Ok, I missed that last digit. But how did they start a new profile & have 829 posts? I missed the last digit & post count to.

I tried to click on that profile, but its gone, maybe you deleted it. I'm just glad it was no worse that it was.

Thanks!

Perhaps, but I highly doubt it, i think someone else did it & trying to lay it off on him. I've known Carl for quite sometime, we have been pretty good friends, exchanged many very friendly PM's.

The IP address will shed some light on this issue.

I tried searching for "Alimantado"s profile, but got no results. Same when I searched for Jerry80871853 (the fake Jerry profile). I had quoted Alimantado in the thread "James the Christian". My post has Alimantado's name in it, but now the fake Jerry's profile is where the original post is. Not saying Carl did it, but maybe it was his account that was hacked.

Well the topic was about changing profile name.....maybe somebody thought it would be a funny joke to show off how you can change your forum name? I honestly do not think anyone got hacked....think it was a joke.....I'll have to check it out later to find out if a regular member changed their name to be funny.

• Advanced Member

8678991356_244a707f0d.jpg

Hi it's Carl here. Very sorry about all this confusion. Yes it was me who changed my profile name and picture. To explain: Jerry started a thread about changing one's screen name and I was as surprised as he to discover that it could indeed be done. So I thought it would be funny to change my own screen name and avatar to make myself look like Jerry and then post a message in his thread announcing what I'd done and saying something daft like 'free vegetables for everyone', as Jerry and I have often talked about his vegetable patch. My intention was that Jerry and I would have a good chuckle and then I'd change my profile back.

So that's exactly what I did but it was obviously very misjudged as poor Jerry thought his account had been hacked, the mods were called into action, and my account got suspended.

I apologise to Jerry for the scare, to the mods for taking up their time, and to everyone else for causing confusion.

Carl

LOL sorry to suspend you! It was late last night when I got Jerry's note and I just took care of the problem... By today I figured out you were probably just playing around and meant to fix it when i got home, but looks like someone else fixed it which is good!

• Advanced Member

LOL sorry to suspend you! It was late last night when I got Jerry's note and I just took care of the problem... By today I figured out you were probably just playing around and meant to fix it when i got home, but looks like someone else fixed it which is good!

I did ask where the mods had got to in the 'post to 50' thread--looks like I found out! ;-)

Archived