• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Why Not Stick With The Original Melody? Huh?

heartstrings

• Members

Ah-I'm sorry, I misunderstood you-I thought you said it was a good example of a bad hymn. My error. I see then we agree that it IS a good example of a good song..

Sorry I worded it so that it misled you.

The song Precious Name was sung Sunday right before preaching services, & I love it when such a song leads into preaching service, whether I preaching or someone else.. 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What I would like to have is plain hymns on a CD with only a piano playing. To many of them have big band music, that I do not care for.

I've got some with the big loud music, I never listen to them.

I have some really good gospel CD's; however, I do not have enough of them.  Missionaries supported in the IFB churches in my area have put some of them out.  Also, my pastor's brother was a missionary to Scotland and Europe for many years.  They planted another church in West Virginia. Anyway, his wife and I are friends.  She has given me some gospel music to download on my IPhone.  I just have to learn to understand the thing.  LOL   Friday, my son and I are going out to lunch.  He is in his last year of college.  He transferred from another school back home for his last year.  Joe suggested we go to the store, on Friday, where I bought my Iphone. Between my son and the salesman, I hope to learn more features.  Then, I can download some really great music.  ;) 

• Members

I just searched through Google and Youtube and was hard pressed to find any rendering of the song in my OP that wasn't a "cover" for "Casting Crowns". I finally found an instrumental version. and a couple of wild "boogy woogie" ones. I would dare say that if they were to announce that a good choir or quartet were singing "Living He Loved Me"(the original song) in that concert hall,that only a small a fraction of that huge audience would show up....same, exact words, but no rock music. I'm very leery of following the "majority" or the "crowd" on anything. 

• Members

I just searched through Google and Youtube and was hard pressed to find any rendering of the song in my OP that wasn't a "cover" for "Casting Crowns". I finally found an instrumental version. and a couple of wild "boogy woogie" ones. I would dare say that if they were to announce that a good choir or quartet were singing "Living He Loved Me"(the original song) in that concert hall,that only a small a fraction of that huge audience would show up....same, exact words, but no rock music. I'm very leery of following the "majority" or the "crowd" on anything. 

Our pastor and a pastor's wife sang "Living He Loved Me" a few years ago during our church service. They did a very nice job and they sang to piano accompaniment. That ladies husband is now back to full time pastoring so we don't get the pleasure of her fine voice anymore.

• Members

What I would like to have is plain hymns on a CD with only a piano playing. To many of them have big band music, that I do not care for.

I've got some with the big loud music, I never listen to them.

We had a funeral at our church yesterday, of a lady who had been playing the piano at our services for over 60 years until she retired from playing about 4 years or so, ago.  They played a tape of 20 of her favourite hymns she recorded on piano, about the year 2000.  If I can borrow the tape and get it transferred to CD, I could send you a copy.  

Archived