• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

HappyChristian

Are You Following This In The News?

Let's cloister ourselves from it.

Let's accept it's permanence. 

Let's acknowledge it's inevitability.

Let's call it victory because, at least we're saved.

Can someone help me find some scriptures to back up my assertions above?

You are the one making such proposals, no one else is.

What has been proposed by some here is that we actually obey the Word of God rather than doing what you say above or taking worldly action. Scripture tells us exactly how to fight evil and it's not by worldly means.

The main problem is, what Scripture tells us is not what our flesh wants to do. What Scripture tells us to do is actually more difficult than taking worldly action. What Scripture tells us to do seems contrary to how our flesh wants to respond.

Every battle is a spiritual battle. Every government, every individual is either serving God or the devil. Trusting God that obeying Him is the right course of action, regardless of what our flesh says or the world says, takes a great deal of faith and patience along with that trust. It also takes looking at things as the Lord does, who knows the beginning from the end and whose timetable isn't the same as ours. Just because we may not see anything positive happening doesn't mean God isn't working all things together for good.

God's ways are not our ways, and that's something difficult for us to grasp, accept and go with.

You are the one making such proposals, no one else is.

What has been proposed by some here is that we actually obey the Word of God rather than doing what you say above or taking worldly action. Scripture tells us exactly how to fight evil and it's not by worldly means.

The main problem is, what Scripture tells us is not what our flesh wants to do. What Scripture tells us to do is actually more difficult than taking worldly action. What Scripture tells us to do seems contrary to how our flesh wants to respond.

Every battle is a spiritual battle. Every government, every individual is either serving God or the devil. Trusting God that obeying Him is the right course of action, regardless of what our flesh says or the world says, takes a great deal of faith and patience along with that trust. It also takes looking at things as the Lord does, who knows the beginning from the end and whose timetable isn't the same as ours. Just because we may not see anything positive happening doesn't mean God isn't working all things together for good.

God's ways are not our ways, and that's something difficult for us to grasp, accept and go with.

Those proposals were taken from this...

We cannot eradicate evil. If each of us here were all to move to the same town and gather daily in sincere prayer and go forth each day doing the works of God, there would still be evil in that town and elsewhere. God moves mightily through our prayers and through that which is truly done in His name, yet evil still exists and will continue until the end.

Babies, children and others were being murdered and all sorts of other evil was present in Israel when Christ and the Apostles were there. Many came to Christ and were born again, yet many more didn't and they continued on in their evil ways.

According to the Word, we can expect the same evil and even worse as we near the return of Christ and the end of the world.

You know very well my position is from scripture. That the man of God must move to carry out the works of God from a purely saved (trusting Jesus Christ and obeying him and the scriptures) position. Mt. 28:19 "Go" is an action word. Works of God are only something which can be done from a Christian endued with the Holy Spirit of God but, they are works. Mt. 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. Again "works" is an action word and it is plural. Surely, every Christian should pray, seek God's guidance from scripture, and depend on the Holy Spirit; these are the things every able bodied and infirm Christian can and must do. However, God gave the able bodied an able body to go witness, to stand for righteousness, including government. Sure we better be praying, reading, witnessing, and performing good works. It is a very shallow Christianity to hide from responsibility to God and the grace of freedom given. Luke 11:42 But woe unto you, Pharisees! for ye tithe mint and rue and all manner of herbs, and pass over judgment and the love of God: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Those proposals were taken from this...

You know very well my position is from scripture. That the man of God must move to carry out the works of God from a purely saved (trusting Jesus Christ and obeying him and the scriptures) position. Mt. 28:19 "Go" is an action word. Works of God are only something which can be done from a Christian endued with the Holy Spirit of God but, they are works. Mt. 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. Again "works" is an action word and it is plural. Surely, every Christian should pray, seek God's guidance from scripture, and depend on the Holy Spirit; these are the things every able bodied and infirm Christian can and must do. However, God gave the able bodied an able body to go witness, to stand for righteousness, including government. Sure we better be praying, reading, witnessing, and performing good works. It is a very shallow Christianity to hide from responsibility to God and the grace of freedom given. Luke 11:42 But woe unto you, Pharisees! for ye tithe mint and rue and all manner of herbs, and pass over judgment and the love of God: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

No, those proposals didn't come from my post which simply pointed out that evil will always be with us. A previous post of yours seemed to imply that praying folks had done something wrong and that's why these evil things are happening. The fact is, even if every Christian on this board conducted themselves in perfect accord with the Word, there would still be evil, babies would still be murdered. That wouldn't mean we were doing wrong any more than the evil we see today means true Christians are praying amiss.

We are told in Scripture how to deal with these matters and the works we are to be about are His works, His way, not worldly works. Look at what the Apostles accomplished following God's way rather than the worlds. Look at what the early Christians accomplished for a few centuries doing things God's way. The world was turned upside down by obeying the Lord, not by worldly means.

Acts 10:15 And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common. (The application can be made here even out of context)

The "works" are those which the lost will recognize as good. The scriptures approve of doing this. When a Christian stands for God's truth it encourages other Christians to do the same. When Peter stood against the accusations of the lost in Acts 2, were you discouraged?

Mt. 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

We are given action words in scripture. 

James 2:16   And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?

James 2:18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

Either "somebodies" aren't praying as God wills or they're not using God's Word appropriately or both. Maybe they are praying amiss and missing with the word. 

James 4:3 Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.

Matthew 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Maybe, God wants us to take observable actions, that men may see our good works and glorify God. I could make a thousand excuses for not having activity observable by the lost, at the end of the day, they are...excuses. 

There was many that saw the wonderful works that Jesus did that never did follow Him, yet they did hated Him, & finally they crucified Him. Many will do us the very same way even though we may do wonderful works.

Is EVERYTHING the fault of the Christians for not doing enough? Not praying enough? Not spending enough time doing God's work, etc? Let us all remember that we are fighting THE spirit of evil which has washed over this nation like a tsunami. It's not because Christians have sat back and done nothing but that evil abounds and wide is the path to hell, it's an easy walk with lots of play and fun and no responsibilities, no respect, no rules, no laws you don't like, etc. That's the path of what the majority of Americans are taking. With the current administration that path looks so much more compassionate to the followers on the wide path and when things are worded as "RIGHTS", women's RIGHTS, gay civil RIGHTS, it's made to sound so much more logical to them than going against the flow and standing for what is right. I've volunteered for many pro life events and do as much as I can to help those with children who can't take care of the ones they have but continue to have more so they won't abort. I pray daily that my life is living witness to the Glory of God and that nothing I do makes anyone stumble in there walk with the Lord. Honestly, what else does everyone think Christians should be doing. These are the end times, we are not responsible for the evil of the world. The evil one and his followers are. Quit trying to make Christians be the guilty ones all the time! There truly is a point at which we are doing all we can and the rest is up to God!

When one accepts the language of their opponent, they've lost the debate.  We should not be using terms abortion, pro-choice and pro-life.  It de-sensitizes the selfish murder of those least able to defend themselves, the unborn child in her mother's womb.  It's supposed to be the safest place on earth.  Quite simply these wretches support "baby killing" and the "murder of unborn babies", they're "baby killers" and support one of the most heinous, selfish and evil acts ever devised by man.

You have a point but we also know that if you don't use their terminology in the debate they will automatically turn you off.

Is EVERYTHING the fault of the Christians for not doing enough? Not praying enough? Not spending enough time doing God's work, etc? Let us all remember that we are fighting THE spirit of evil which has washed over this nation like a tsunami. It's not because Christians have sat back and done nothing but that evil abounds and wide is the path to hell, it's an easy walk with lots of play and fun and no responsibilities, no respect, no rules, no laws you don't like, etc. That's the path of what the majority of Americans are taking. With the current administration that path looks so much more compassionate to the followers on the wide path and when things are worded as "RIGHTS", women's RIGHTS, gay civil RIGHTS, it's made to sound so much more logical to them than going against the flow and standing for what is right. I've volunteered for many pro life events and do as much as I can to help those with children who can't take care of the ones they have but continue to have more so they won't abort. I pray daily that my life is living witness to the Glory of God and that nothing I do makes anyone stumble in there walk with the Lord. Honestly, what else does everyone think Christians should be doing. These are the end times, we are not responsible for the evil of the world. The evil one and his followers are. Quit trying to make Christians be the guilty ones all the time! There truly is a point at which we are doing all we can and the rest is up to God!

You too have a point but the bible does mention that Christians will become spineless and mealymouthed in the last days of the church's time on earth.

I'm also pro choice: choice to abstain from the act that would produce a baby, choice to use effective birth control consistently, choice to have baby and keep, choice to have baby and place for adoption, ALL of my choices don't end a life.

You too have a point but the bible does mention that Christians will become spineless and mealymouthed in the last days of the church's time on earth.

SOME not all. And unfortunately we're all lumped together.