• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

HappyChristian

Are You Following This In The News?

How many have heard about the Gosnell abortion case currently on trial?  There's virtually a blackout in the mainstream media about this.  I'm telling you...this just makes me ill.  What evil.  What an unspeakably evil man.

http://www.lifenews.com/2013/04/11/gosnell-attorney-babies-deaths-justify-snipping-their-necks/

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/041013-651428-media-ignore-trial-of-kermit-gosnell.htm

SEVEN babies.  SEVEN live babies this man is responsible for killing.  SEVEN.  And the MSM is silent. (yes, i know abortion kills many more than that...but these babies were alive after the procedure...and their spinal cords snipped to make sure they died - exactly the kind of thing BO was a proponent of when he was in the IL senate - and he hasn't changed any.  Aren't we Christians PROUD to have sat back and allowed him to remain in office...that way evil monsters like Gosnell can have the support of the POTUS)

From the article:  "Whether one is pro-life or pro-choice, there ought to be agreement that a squirming infant on a table outside the mother's womb is as worthy of protection from harm as children in classrooms in a school in Connecticut."

From the article:  "Whether one is pro-life or pro-choice, there ought to be agreement that a squirming infant on a table outside the mother's womb is as worthy of protection from harm as children in classrooms in a school in Connecticut."

Not from the perspective of the liberal machine.  Newtown was exploited simply to help them reach an agenda goal.  They could care less about innocent children except when it helps them to achieve something.  Pure hypocrisy.  

Planned Parenthood (another pure evil organization) is also advocating this.

And yes, this man is just pure, sick evil.

Such murder is horrible but one can hardly blame Christians and similar things have occured under other presidents as well.

Gosnell is a lost sinner following his father the devil. Through pro-life groups I have connections with I've been following this story for some time.

That man is a killer, & if anyone deserves the death penalty, he does.

"Williams had previously testified of a baby that was delivered into a toilet at the clinic in Gosnell’s absence. She told the court that when she saw the baby moving, she picked him up and stabbed the back of his neck with surgical scissors as Gosnell had taught her to do.

Later, Williams said that Gosnell reassured her that the baby was dead already and that any movement was “involuntary movement, a last breath.” He told her drugs given to the woman earlier had already
killed the baby."

Williams and others testified that the snipping of spinal cords was to “ensure fetal demise” as if this gruesome technique was used as an insurance policy to make sure the baby was actually dead. Yet all the “snippings” took place after the babies were born. At that point, they are no longer “fetuses” but are considered newborn babies. The killing of newborns legally qualifies as murder."

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/041013-651428-media-ignore-trial-of-kermit-gosnell.htm

SEVEN babies.  SEVEN live babies this man is responsible for killing.  SEVEN.  And the MSM is silent. (yes, i know abortion kills many more than that...but these babies were alive after the procedure...and their spinal cords snipped to make sure they died - exactly the kind of thing BO was a proponent of when he was in the IL senate - and he hasn't changed any.  Aren't we Christians PROUD to have sat back and allowed him to remain in office...that way evil monsters like Gosnell can have the support of the POTUS)

You're absolutely correct. Sadly, you're not going to wake the sleeping; you'll only encourage them into deeper slumber.

It was only a matter of time before the legalization of abortion would lead to something like this. After a few million abortions people are pretty much desensitized to the horror of it. Plus, out of sight out of mind. I've heard people crack jokes about the horrors of abortion. Even many IFBers have come to terms with it.  I expect more of these things the future. As long as God keeps holding his judgment back it will only get worse.

Edited by ASongOfDegrees

This isn't something that just happened out of the blue. It's long been established that abortionists have either outright killed or set aside to die babies that survived the abortion.

There is a long list of women who have had babies they didn't want and attempted to flush them down the toilet, toss their baby in a dumpster, suffocated their baby or otherwise "disposed" of their baby.

We can look back throughout history, even in the Bible, or at other countries around the world today and see babies put to death for religious, convenient or other selfish reasons.

Sin knows no bounds and multiple millions out there don't view babies as a sacred gift from God.

Its been on our news sites here, of course, I live in the Philadelphia area.

Honestly it hasn't really been something I've been thinking about, because I'm sick of the hypocrisy that its sooooo bad to do this to a born baby, but perfectly okay to do it as long as you can't actually see it lying on the table.

Its legal in Maryland to do late term abortions and nobody cares about that.   

As long as a baby isn't lying on the table moving, then our consciences are fine.

Yes, I hope he gets what he deserves, but it doesn't make me feel better, because its hypocrisy for everyone to think that he's so much worse than everyone else that continues to do it "legally".  

It does seem that most get desensitized, yet a few will think about what has took place & repent.

Here is a quote from a woman that had an abortion that was in the Sword of the Lord sometime back, seems she repented & tries to help other not to do this.

Luana Stolterberg says, “Abortion wasn't the solution to my problem the abortion clinic employee promised.”

Malachi 3:5-6a

5 And I will come near to you to judgment; and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, and against the adulterers, and against false swearers, and against those that oppress the hireling in his wages, the widow, and the fatherless, and that turn aside the stranger from his right, and fear not me, saith the LORD of hosts.

6 For I am the LORD, I change not;

The baby murders will have their day of judgment too!

Oh, yes, indeed it is the Christians' fault.  There are way too many of us who have sat on our blessed assurances and allowed this kind of garbage to continue.  People do TOO care about this kind of thing: why in the world do you think the media has blacked it out?  If this were to get nationwide coverage with the same fervor that the Newtown stuff did, there would be a reaction to it - one that would go far to eliminate most, if not all, abortions.  I'm sorry, but some of the wording in some of these posts is galling: it's just what is expected and accepted, so I'm not going to do anything about it (that's the attitude that seems to come across from some - sorry if it's not yours, but shame on you if it is).

Of course it's not something that happened out of the blue.  Jerry8 is right - so many are desensitized to it. Even Christians.

BO is the first POTUS we have ever had in this country who participated in creating laws to permit this exact thing.  Whether or not others have been pro-abortion, pro-choice (same thing, IMO), or pro-life, the current POTUS has the most heinous record of supporting abortions.  And way too many Christians allowed him to be re-elected.  One can justify it all one wants, but we will answer to God for what we have allowed to happen in this country. 

How many of you actually know someone who's had an abortion?  How many of you know anyone who was encouraged to abort her baby?  I was.  I was desperately ill when I was pregnant - and it was the pregnancy that caused it. So my oh, so concerned docs counseled me that there was a way to eliminate the illness and save my life (I almost died from it): abort the tissue that was causing the problem.  

The reaction a woman who is close to death due to the child growing in her to have the doctors counsel abortion has can only be understood by someone who's been there.  The doctors are supposed to heal and help, not murder. Not advise a woman to "eliminate the problem."  Thank God that I was a Christian at the time, and had not grown up in an environment where choice meant I could murder if I felt like the "problem" was impeding me in some way.  I think of my almost 26 year-old son and just cannot imagine life without him.  I cannot imagine the guilt the women who have abortions feel. I cannot imagine living all of these years and wondering what my son would have been like, thinking about my baby on the day that would have been his birthday.  And on and on.

Oh, yes, indeed it is the Christians' fault.  

Christians are called to spread the Gospel and make disciples of those who are born again. Not everyone responds to the presentation of the Gospel, in fact, few do. That leaves us, wherever we live, with far more lost folks than saved. Doctors and nurses fall into this category and in their lost condition they are servants of their father the devil just like any other lost person.

Even some doctors who profess to be Christians are very worldly in their practices.

We live in a fallen world, evil is all around us and the devil is working overtime.

Around here we (Christians) have made great effort at reaching healthcare providers with the Gospel, at calling upon professing Christian healthcare providers to be bold and take public stands for the faith, helped establish, fund and staff "crisis centers" for women in need of help, with a special emphasis on pregnant women, where they receive Christian based medical help, temporary living, and the Gospel and biblical guidance.

Even with all that going on, and much more, there are those who reject the Gospel, reject help and a hand up, who harden their hearts and continue on the path of destruction.

It's horrible the babies that are murdered every day. It's terrible that each day dozens of children and youth are murdered in our cities while others are raped, forced into prostitution, forced into abusive gangs where they are forced to sell drugs and become criminals...

We let our light shine before men so they can see Christ in us, we spread the Gospel, we offer help to those in need. Praise God for those who are born again! Praise God for those who at least turn away from making very bad decisions which result in death! Praise God for those we are able to plant the seed with. For those who have refused and rejected Christ and help, may the Lord yet soften their hearts and turn them to Him.

The Lord will deal with this all at the appointed time.

Even so, come quickly Lord Jesus!

"The Lord will deal with this all at an appointed time."  Yes, He will.

And He will deal with the Christians who don't do what they ought to do.  Here in America it isn't just spreading the gospel. It's taking action to stop this kind of stuff by letting our elected servants know that we expect them to do something about it.  It's taking action by electing the right people - not offering excuses and allowing murderers and their proponents to remain in office. In other words, it's more than just talk.

Christians have, by and large, neglected too much.  Spreading the gospel is paramount, there is no argument there. But I'd likely be quite right if I said the the majority of Christians who claim they are spreading the gospel aren't really.  They have just convinced themselves that they are.  And they've convinced themselves that God expects nothing else from them.  But He does.  He does.

For about four decades Christians have heavily engaged in politics and elections. They have elected those who claim to be pro-life, they have elected those who claim to be conservative, claim to be Christian, claim to have plans to fix the problems we care about. After about four decades of this things are worse now than they have ever been here.

The evil going on today didn't begin with the election of those in office now, it's been building since the founding of the nation. Republican presidents, congresses and judges have failed to stem the tide of evil sweeping the country.

The battle is spiritual, not physical. Where Christians have failed is in taking up physical battles, fighting the wrong opponents while the real enemy is left alone. God tells us clearly the battle is a spiritual battle and that's where we are to do battle.

Doing the works of the Father, as Christ did, brings about real, positive change, and those who have been born again over the past 40 years are living examples. During that same time every Republican president and congress along with every Democrat president and congress has kept America going down the same path of destruction.  

For about four decades Christians have heavily engaged in politics and elections. They have elected those who claim to be pro-life, they have elected those who claim to be conservative, claim to be Christian, claim to have plans to fix the problems we care about. After about four decades of this things are worse now than they have ever been here. Actually, that's not completely true.  Christians used to be "heavily" engaged in politics and elections (and that isn't even all that I'm talking about...there's a lot more going on that just who's elected) way before 4 decades ago.  It was when Christians began to believe the lie that Christians shouldn't have anything to do with such temporal stuff (pushed by those who were the progenitors of the progressives) that they got uninvolved...and then compromising Christians pushed the lie that just anyone will do if he/she talks pretty.  

The evil going on today didn't begin with the election of those in office now, it's been building since the founding of the nation. Republican presidents, congresses and judges have failed to stem the tide of evil sweeping the country.  Who said the evil going on today began with the election of those in office now?  No-one said it, nor was it implied.  And it hasn't been building since the founding of the nation: IT'S ALWAYS BEEN THERE, since the Garden of Eden.  You're right: what has failed to stem the tide of evil is not elected servants: it is CHRISTIANS who do not fulfill their responsibilities as stewards of this country, who do not really, truly spread the gospel, but give awful good lip service to it...

The battle is spiritual, not physical. Where Christians have failed is in taking up physical battles, fighting the wrong opponents while the real enemy is left alone. God tells us clearly the battle is a spiritual battle and that's where we are to do battle.  This is just not true, John.  The eternal battle is indeed spiritual.  But there is a temporal battle that is physical; and the physical is symptomatic of the spiritual: if Christians were doing what they were supposed to - and as many claim they are doing - there would be no abortions unless they were done in back alleys.  

Doing the works of the Father, as Christ did, brings about real, positive change, and those who have been born again over the past 40 years are living examples. During that same time every Republican president and congress along with every Democrat president and congress has kept America going down the same path of destruction.  

CHRIST dealt with the physical as well as the spiritual.  Healing people, feeding them, raising them from the dead were all PHYSICAL.  Don't kid yourself that it's only the spiritual that is of concern to the Father.  So often people cite what Jesus did or didn't do to justify their inactivity in one area or another.  He lived a life of example - and He did concern Himself with the physical.  God the Father did as well, as many examples throughout scripture prove (manna/quail for the Children of Israel; water and meat at the brook Cherith for Elijah [boy, there was someone who wasn't afraid to get in the "leader's" face]; supplying one widow with mega-oil and another with a child, etc.)

There is no Christian anywhere that I know who is so busy spreading the gospel they don't find time to do other things: like watch tv, spend time on the internet, etc.  But there are plenty of them who couldn't - because it isn't spiritual enough for them -  take 5 minutes to write to their (state and federal) congressmen about something like abortion (or anything, really, that concerns the breakdown in this country).

You will never change this country with politics. As the article I posted stated, the Christians have been used by the politicians wanting to get elected.

Yet the truth is your not going to change the course of this country, God has already told us the course the majority of humans will take, & He has already told us he has judged this world & what exactly what will become of it, fire.

Yet, we can change the course of a few humans with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, not though politics, & that is the work He has given us.

The reason Mr. Obama came out openly for the sodomites is timing, Mr. Clinton would have to if the timing had been right, & it seems the timing may be just about right for the republican party to embrace the sodomites too. It will not be far off that the republican candidates will be openly for the sodomites, in fact there's many in the republican party at this time that feels being against sodomites & abortion is the reason the republican have lost the last two president elections. And they're hard at work trying to change that at this very moment. And when they do many Christians will continue to support them, just as many democrats support the democrats & all the sins they're openly for. 

Some just do not realize that we are few in numbers just as Jesus told us in Matthew chapter seven. Its most impossible to win the election when your the minority & the rest of the country thinks your the problem. Yes, they hate us just as they hated Christ.

On top of that those who have been elected to political positions with the help of Christians in the past few years have not put very much effort into outlawing sodomites & abortions. It was always something they would speak about at opportune times, especially in election seasons, yet the rest of the time it was on the back burner because it was not really that important to them.

2 Corinthians 10:4

King James Version (KJV)

4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)

Yes, the power is in the Word, not the vote, not the politician.

Heb 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

When one accepts the language of their opponent, they've lost the debate.  We should not be using terms abortion, pro-choice and pro-life.  It de-sensitizes the selfish murder of those least able to defend themselves, the unborn child in her mother's womb.  It's supposed to be the safest place on earth.  Quite simply these wretches support "baby killing" and the "murder of unborn babies", they're "baby killers" and support one of the most heinous, selfish and evil acts ever devised by man.

That article was very disturbing. One part of me wishes that they had left the pictures out, but the other part of me knows that without the grusome truth of photographic evidence, people would simply forget about it by the end of the day and write it off as no big deal. Wow...that was unsettling. On January 1 of this year, my sister-in-law gave birth to my twin nephews. They were born premature at 22 weeks. Praise the Lord that they were healthy! Even though the smaller one of the two (his name was Dane, born weighing 12 ounces) did not survive an infection that overtook him, he was a healthy baby. Just too small to fight the virus. Dean, the bigger one born at 16 ounces, struggled for awhile but is now growing at a steady pace. I was blessed to be there when he first opened his eyes! That's a huge deal for me because they are in Texas and I'm in Washington. The point of all this is this: "abortion" is pre-meditated murder. I can respect the fact that some people just aren't ready to have children, but that in no way justifies killing it! There are people all over the country who would just love to adopt a newborn and give it a good home! People just get selfish and only think about how their life is "ruined". If only they would stop for one second and think about the tiny human growing inside of them...

Either "somebodies" aren't praying as God wills or they're not using God's Word appropriately or both. Maybe they are praying amiss and missing with the word. 

James 4:3 Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.

Matthew 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Maybe, God wants us to take observable actions, that men may see our good works and glorify God. I could make a thousand excuses for not having activity observable by the lost, at the end of the day, they are...excuses. 

We cannot eradicate evil. If each of us here were all to move to the same town and gather daily in sincere prayer and go forth each day doing the works of God, there would still be evil in that town and elsewhere. God moves mightily through our prayers and through that which is truly done in His name, yet evil still exists and will continue until the end.

Babies, children and others were being murdered and all sorts of other evil was present in Israel when Christ and the Apostles were there. Many came to Christ and were born again, yet many more didn't and they continued on in their evil ways.

According to the Word, we can expect the same evil and even worse as we near the return of Christ and the end of the world.

Let's cloister ourselves from it.

Let's accept it's permanence. 

Let's acknowledge it's inevitability.

Let's call it victory because, at least we're saved.

Can someone help me find some scriptures to back up my assertions above?