• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

JerryNumbers

Heavy Loads Could Burden Women's Infantry Role

We have many women in churches across this country that do not care anything about the role that God wants them in, many of them would probably love the book you mentioned. I've heard of that book but never read it. 

And its true, the world sees us as chauvinist.

That's very common these days. The biggest Baptist church in the bigger town to the east of here has a woman associate "pastor". Several Methodist churches in the area have had women "pastors".

Even in the churches that don't have women "pastors", many of them have women that run the church through church boards or being "deconesses" and often they are in charge of nearly every program in the church. In some churches the pastor can't do anything without the approval of the women who actually run things.

I hear some pastors saying this is okay since the men aren't stepping up more (often the reason for that is the women running things make sure of it) so these pastors claim this is God's will, they say God is raising up "Deborah's". I see no justification for this when reading what God tells us about the church in the New Testament.

In a previous church, I was a deaconess.  However our jobs were to visit the sick and prepare/ cleanup the Lord's Supper. We were not considered female Deacons.

In a previous church, I was a deaconess.  However our jobs were to visit the sick and prepare/ cleanup the Lord's Supper. We were not considered female Deacons.

I have an article that discusses that deaconness references in the NT; that term is not in the King James Bible. http://dorightchristians.wordpress.com/2013/02/01/may-women-preach/

Edited by DrJamesA

I just read an aritcle discussing the problem of sexual harrassment, sexual assault and rape of women in the military. Many women in uniform claim to have experienced these problems, and when given anonymous questionares about the matter, thousands more said they had been victims of these. The report also gave a high percentage of women in the military who served in Iraq that said they were sexually assualted while serving there.

While some administrative and different judicial means were discussed, at the end of the article it was proposed that once women are allowed into combat these sexual assaults will diminish. The reason? According to the article, once the women are seen as fellow warriors the men won't view them sexually.

Men directing attention toward women is the Law of Attraction and putting them into combat won't change that nature. A man doesn't make the decision to sexually assault a women because she has an inferior position, he does so out of selfish gratification of lust and control, and altering the role women have will not change that either.

Although it would not change the way they are viewed, it may elevate the amount of friendly-fire casualties :coverlaugh:

I just read an aritcle discussing the problem of sexual harrassment, sexual assault and rape of women in the military. Many women in uniform claim to have experienced these problems, and when given anonymous questionares about the matter, thousands more said they had been victims of these. The report also gave a high percentage of women in the military who served in Iraq that said they were sexually assualted while serving there.

While some administrative and different judicial means were discussed, at the end of the article it was proposed that once women are allowed into combat these sexual assaults will diminish. The reason? According to the article, once the women are seen as fellow warriors the men won't view them sexually.

Can anonymous questionares be trusted? I think not.  If, & likely they will let women into combat, that will not change sexual harassment. It will just place more women in position to be sexual harassed.

Sleeping arrangements, as well as washing oneself, going potty and similar matters have already been a problem even without women in combat and those problems are expected to get much worse.

There have already been many complaints from women in the military due to having to use the same bath and latrine facilities as the men in some places. Along with this has been the issue of changing clothes, which in the field and even other places there is no separate facility for this so the men and women are forced to change their clothes in the same room together.

While the military tries to keep it as quiet as possible, beyond all the sexual assualt issues there is the problem of rampant consensual sex. Whether in the field, on base or aboard ships at sea, when men and women are mixed together there is much unmarried sex going on, often with the result of many women becoming pregnant.

How often does a lady (use term loosely) sailor go to sea for six months and returns home 5 months pregnant?  It's not rare.  

How would you like to spend 90 days on an attack sub with women, hot bunking with them?  Since there are not enough bunks to go around you share a rack with your shipmate.  They get up for work, you're climb into the rack just vacated by them, the sheets are often still warm.

Anyone see Operation Petticoat?  Imagine trying to pass by a woman in a passageway, especially on a sub?  Like everything else, our society is completely immoral and in rebellion to God, this is just another example of our nations depravity.

Isa 55:6 ¶ Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:
Isa 55:7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.
Isa 55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
Isa 55:9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Man thinks he knows better than God. And we can take a look around & see that man's ways are just making us humans worse than ever.