• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

A Born-Again Christian Prostitute?

• Members

I remember when I was 18 I went to a pastor and said the sinner's prayer. I thought I was saved. Remember that lots of churches teach if you just repeat after me you're saved. Most people don't know any better and if no one is there to guide them they leave thinking they're saved.  She may have been truly saved but "backsliden" for 20 years? Why is it ok for alcoholics and others to be "backsliden" for 20 years but not someone like her? Sin is sin. Christians still sin everyday. Her sin was just different than ours maybe. If you purposely dress immodestly to get guys to notice you how is that different than stripping? If you're in a sexual relationship outside of marriage it's still a sin whether with a man or woman.  (I'm not advocating gay marriage) If you sip a little wine at dinner how is that different than drinking a scotch on the rocks every night after work or all night? Liquor is liquor no matter how fancy the glass and surroundings. At a fancy restaurant or a strip club.

• Members

I remember when I was 18 I went to a pastor and said the sinner's prayer. I thought I was saved. Remember that lots of churches teach if you just repeat after me you're saved. Most people don't know any better and if no one is there to guide them they leave thinking they're saved.  She may have been truly saved but "backsliden" for 20 years? Why is it ok for alcoholics and others to be "backsliden" for 20 years but not someone like her? Sin is sin. Christians still sin everyday. Her sin was just different than ours maybe. If you purposely dress immodestly to get guys to notice you how is that different than stripping? If you're in a sexual relationship outside of marriage it's still a sin whether with a man or woman.  (I'm not advocating gay marriage) If you sip a little wine at dinner how is that different than drinking a scotch on the rocks every night after work or all night? Liquor is liquor no matter how fancy the glass and surroundings. At a fancy restaurant or a strip club.

I will not say that there's no pastors that teach the prayer saves, at the same time some may understand the some pastors to be saying that the prayers saves when they do not mean that. Its quite surprising at  how bad people will misunderstand a person.

But as for me I have never heard a pastor in my more than 67 years say that a prayer will save a person, & I've heard many different preachers preach.

• Members

Whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth. If there was no chasening there was no adoption by God.

Hebrews 12:6-8

6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

7If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

8But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

Edited by Eric Stahl

• Members

While Scripture doesn't give specific time scales, it would seem a truly born again person wouldn't be backsliding for two decades. If a person is truly born again the Holy Ghost will be working to draw them to the Lord and if they continue in sin the Lord will chasten them. As Scripture touches this subject it would seem that if one who is born again repeatedly ignores the call of the Holy Ghost, ignores the chastening of the Lord, the Lord will end their life here.

Since Scripture doesn't give us specifics with regards to time, perhaps one could be saved and backslide for two decades, but I've never heard of such a case. I've heard of those who have backslid for several years, but never one that backslid for even a decade, and certainly not two. I've never known a drunkard who was born again that the Lord didn't either bring them out of that in a few years or they died; and those are rare, most drunkards who have come the Christ were freed from alcohol either immediately or very quickly.

There are many who preach and teach that all one has to do is say a "sinners prayers" and they are saved. Nothing about repentance, nothing about what sin really is, nothing but a very generic presentation of a very watered down Gospel message and then telling them all they have to do is "pray this prayer and you will be saved". This has left millions thinking they are good with God and assured of heaven when they die. Then they go on an live their lives as they please. However, if any of these ever to actually become born again later in life, when they look back at that prayer they said, they realize it meant nothing and they had been lost all those years. The woman in the story doesn't give such a testimony.

• Members

While Scripture doesn't give specific time scales, it would seem a truly born again person wouldn't be backsliding for two decades. If a person is truly born again the Holy Ghost will be working to draw them to the Lord and if they continue in sin the Lord will chasten them. As Scripture touches this subject it would seem that if one who is born again repeatedly ignores the call of the Holy Ghost, ignores the chastening of the Lord, the Lord will end their life here.

Since Scripture doesn't give us specifics with regards to time, perhaps one could be saved and backslide for two decades, but I've never heard of such a case. I've heard of those who have backslid for several years, but never one that backslid for even a decade, and certainly not two. I've never known a drunkard who was born again that the Lord didn't either bring them out of that in a few years or they died; and those are rare, most drunkards who have come the Christ were freed from alcohol either immediately or very quickly.

There are many who preach and teach that all one has to do is say a "sinners prayers" and they are saved. Nothing about repentance, nothing about what sin really is, nothing but a very generic presentation of a very watered down Gospel message and then telling them all they have to do is "pray this prayer and you will be saved". This has left millions thinking they are good with God and assured of heaven when they die. Then they go on an live their lives as they please. However, if any of these ever to actually become born again later in life, when they look back at that prayer they said, they realize it meant nothing and they had been lost all those years. The woman in the story doesn't give such a testimony.

No doubt, God speaks to them 1st, if that fails He will give them a whipping, perhaps the 1st whipping will be light, if that does not work He may whip them a bit harder, & if it still does not get the right results, them he may well call them home.

For many, from my point of view, it looks as if Christ never deals with them. Yet I must say, He may well deal with some & I do not know a thing about it, that is I'm not able to see it.

yet one thing is for sure, that person will know, & if they're living in sin, & God is not dealing with them, them this verse fits them.

Heb 12:8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

And to, the Bible tells us.

1Jo 2:19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

Jude 1:19 These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.

2Pe 2:20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
2Pe 2:21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
2Pe 2:22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

There be many that wants to ignore these verses, & I can see why, they condemn them.

• Members

It seems that the subject of the OP is missing an essential part of salvation, REPENTANCE!  Very likely another story of another false convert on her way to hell.  Ron Jeremy also claims to be a Christian.

Tonight our family heard from someone that hadn't been heard from in years.  All were surprised the person was still alive, this person makes the subject of the OP look like a Girl Scout.  This person who claimed to religiously attend church (Catholic) mentioned still living with an ex-spouse while being married to another but was nearby on vacation with someone they weren't married to and they were delighting in stories of bringing multiple strangers back to their hotel room.  The oft repeated mantra was, "whatever doesn't kill you, makes you stronger".  Sprinkled throughout this sordid tale was God and Jesus Christ.  Tragically, this Catholic hasn't a clue and tonight was not ready to hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  We were prepared to drop everything and make a trip but the time is not right yet.  Please pray for this parent of two young children. 

Edited by swathdiver

• Members

John, I seen something like this a few years back on some show. Some former strippers who would "take the gospel" to current strippers. The catch was that they would take the gospel to them while the strippers were at work. 

Where else would you find them? You can't tell them apart by the way women dress in this day. Who else understands them the best?

• Members

Scripture is clear we must Walk in the Spirit. Many new believers have not been discipled in these areas. They hear the preacher talk about it but if they are not vigilant in the Word of God they will be weak anemic and will succomb to temptation. Accepting Christ is not something we just do. It is a daily walk with our Savior and Lord.

• 3 years later...
  • Members
On 4/13/2013 at 0:51 AM, swathdiver said:

It seems that the subject of the OP is missing an essential part of salvation, REPENTANCE!  Very likely another story of another false convert on her way to hell.  Ron Jeremy also claims to be a Christian.

Tonight our family heard from someone that hadn't been heard from in years.  All were surprised the person was still alive, this person makes the subject of the OP look like a Girl Scout.  This person who claimed to religiously attend church (Catholic) mentioned still living with an ex-spouse while being married to another but was nearby on vacation with someone they weren't married to and they were delighting in stories of bringing multiple strangers back to their hotel room.  The oft repeated mantra was, "whatever doesn't kill you, makes you stronger".  Sprinkled throughout this sordid tale was God and Jesus Christ.  Tragically, this Catholic hasn't a clue and tonight was not ready to hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  We were prepared to drop everything and make a trip but the time is not right yet.  Please pray for this parent of two young children. 

I was searching Jeremy as I have a question about a quote in the NT and lo and behold I found this comment. :jaw:

• 5 years later...
  • Members
On 4/10/2013 at 6:45 AM, John81 said:

Put another way, there is no such thing as an unrepentant, born-again Christian prostitute.

This will take a minute to get to,  since there's a lot probably being missed that is important to life in Christ Jesus.

1) Did Jesus Himself Say that thieves and prostitutes would get to heaven before the religious leaders and scholars would ?

2) Did Jesus Say not only judge not, lest ye be judged, but also (more important maybe?)  judge righteously agreeing with the Father's judgment (of anything, of everything) ?

3) Did Jesus Point out that even a sinful father would not give his son a rock if his son asked for bread or fish ?  (food)  That the Heavenly Father is Extravagantly Graciously Abundantly Generous to all of us on earth,  and we all without merit,  with nothing worth even God's Attention ?  (King David in Scripture:  what is man that THOU ART MINDFUL of him, or son of man that THOU carest for him? ) (paraphrased maybe,  from memory)

4)  Has anyone God Blesses and calls His People ever had sex outside of marriage and not only not been reproved nor punished by God , but honored and blessed by God ? (this may be a surprise)

5) If "Christian" Pastors,  Officials, Deacons, Elders,  see a Pastor homeless and hungry, and his family,  and they hide this,  they "walk on the other side of the road" to avoid them (like the one parable , or more, in the Bible, Jesus Told) ,   are those "Christian" Pastors,  Officials, Deacons and Elders free of deserved punishment , scourging, discipline,  accountability,  and correction ? 

p.s. this happened according to the testimony of a reliable witness, to be brought forth later, God Willing.

6)  If the Pastor and his family have no job, no home, no savings, no resources, but are on the street, in the woods, in caves,  "wandering as vagabonds" on earth, of whom it is written "the world is not worthy",

and already starving,  the Pastor's Teenage Daughter goes and gets money "that way",  to at the very least get a few bites of food when they had no food for days,  

then does the Pastor's Teenage Daughter become not born-again ?   Is she even actually a prostitute even though she 'had' to prostitute herself against every fiber of her faith and will and hope ,  just to be able to get food for her Pastor-dad, mom, and siblings ?

This is kind of like "The rest of the story" by Phil something on the radio decades ago -

the other side of an untold story,  unspoken,  forgotten oppressed ignored Saints (happening today/ in the last 100 years also) .