• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

JerryNumbers

Son Of Pastor Rick Warren Commits Suicide, Family Says

Yes, very sad, I know it must hurt, yet I've never been though that, so I can't really understand how bad it hurts. And that it something I don't believe any of us will ever understand until we get Home.

:icon_pray:

I feel bad that this man had no hope and selfishly took his own life.  I don't have much sympathy for Warren however, he's lead and is leading untold millions to hell with his false gospel.

Not to sound lacking of empathy or sympathy here, but:

""But only those closest knew that he struggled from birth with mental illness, dark holes of depression, and even suicidal thoughts. In spite of America's best doctors, meds, counselors, and prayers for healing, the torture of mental illness never subsided."

Perhaps if people would stop giving secular worldly labels to emotional problems and referring them to "professionals"... I would be depressed too if some professional told me I had 50 million "diseases" and "mental illnesses" that required 20 different kinds of medication.

Perhaps Rick Warren and the rest of the Christian community will wake up and get back to the Bible instead of sending emotionally distraught people to "professional" quacks. There are VERY FEW cases where a person has a real chemical imbalance that sometimes require nutritional supplements, but in most of the cases, the "professional" psychotherapitsts compound the problems with bogus labels, crack-pot diagnosis, and impossible "cures".

Edited by DrJamesA

I feel bad that this man had no hope and selfishly took his own life.  I don't have much sympathy for Warren however, he's lead and is leading untold millions to hell with his false gospel.

You have no sympathy for a man who just lost his son?

May God have mercy on your soul.

Why do you say he has no hope? Can you judge a person salvation? Are do you believe suicide is an unforgivable sin & that person automatically goes to hell?

Not to sound lacking of empathy or sympathy here, but:

""But only those closest knew that he struggled from birth with mental illness, dark holes of depression, and even suicidal thoughts. In spite of America's best doctors, meds, counselors, and prayers for healing, the torture of mental illness never subsided."

Perhaps if people would stop giving secular worldly labels to emotional problems and referring them to "professionals"... I would be depressed too if some professional told me I had 50 million "diseases" and "mental illnesses" that required 20 different kinds of medication.

Perhaps Rick Warren and the rest of the Christian community will wake up and get back to the Bible instead of sending emotionally distraught people to "professional" quacks. There are VERY FEW cases where a person has a real chemical imbalance that sometimes require nutritional supplements, but in most of the cases, the "professional" psychotherapitsts compound the problems with bogus labels, crack-pot diagnosis, and impossible "cures".

Have you ever dealt with anyone who has mental illness? Especially a close family member that you've spent much time with.

Even the most wicked person loves their child.  Parents are grieving over the fact that the little boy they loved, nurtured, and raised chose to end his life.  Yes, Rick Warren has skewed teaching.  But does that mean he isn't hurting right now?  No, it doesn't.  

I can't imagine the pain of losing a child (even as an adult), let alone knowing that said child died by his/her own hands.  Biblical compassion would cause us to feel sympathy for the Warrens, without accepting his teachings. 

Amen! Plus, from what I've read of his testimony, Rick is our brother in Christ and we are to love one another even if we don't agree with them about all things, and we are called to weep when they weep, to share one anothers burdens.

Have you ever dealt with anyone who has mental illness? Especially a close family member that you've spent much time with.

Yes, I have dealt with MANY persons with mental health issues. I feel for the guy, but suicide is still sin just as if someone with "mental issues" was to murder a theater full of patrons at a Bat Man movie. Yes it's said that anyone would take their own life, but what I was pointing out from the article was what they said about "in spite of America's best doctors, meds...". 

Not too long ago, statistics had shown that the highest suicide rate was among psychiatrists and their patients. Coincidence? Some issues that are organic as I clearly indicated in my post, may require nutritional supplements because of a chemical imbalance, but most "mental health" issues do not fit that criteria, and "depression" is one of them.  

When you pump someone full of meds, and they don't need them, you actually create more problems. When you label someone with "mental disease" (no such thing, a disease affects physiology not mentality or state of mind), and then offer them humanist ways of dealing with issues (as do most so-called Christian Psychiatrists) you take away a persons hope.

Everyone in life needs 3 things to thrive: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for. When all 3 are eliminated by removing Christ, a person is led to despair with nothing left but contemplated suicide.

The  most tragic thing about a suicide isn't just the act, but the fact that "professionals" talk a person out of the efficacious power of the cross as being sufficient for our needs (see how God handled Elijah in 1 Kings 18-19 and Jonah).

Sure it's a time for compassion, but also a time to reflect on what is the appropriate way to handle depression so that more people don't end up killing themselves.

http://psychoheresy-aware.org/mainpage.html

Edited by DrJamesA

Yes, I have dealt with MANY persons with mental health issues. I feel for the guy, but suicide is still sin just as if someone with "mental issues" was to murder a theater full of patrons at a Bat Man movie. Yes it's said that anyone would take their own life, but what I was pointing out from the article was what they said about "in spite of America's best doctors, meds...". 

Not too long ago, statistics had shown that the highest suicide rate was among psychiatrists and their patients. Coincidence? Some issues that are organic as I clearly indicated in my post, may require nutritional supplements because of a chemical imbalance, but most "mental health" issues do not fit that criteria, and "depression" is one of them.  

When you pump someone full of meds, and they don't need them, you actually create more problems. When you label someone with "mental disease" (no such thing, a disease affects physiology not mentality or state of mind), and then offer them humanist ways of dealing with issues (as do most so-called Christian Psychiatrists) you take away a persons hope.

Everyone in life needs 3 things to thrive: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for. When all 3 are eliminated by removing Christ, a person is led to despair with nothing left but contemplated suicide.

The  most tragic thing about a suicide isn't just the act, but the fact that "professionals" talk a person out of the efficacious power of the cross as being sufficient for our needs (see how God handled Elijah in 1 Kings 18-19 and Jonah).

Sure it's a time for compassion, but also a time to reflect on what is the appropriate way to handle depression so that more people don't end up killing themselves.

http://psychoheresy-aware.org/mainpage.html

I suggest you to please take what you think needs to be done on this issue to your do right site & or start you own topic, & leave it there, & this is topic is not the place for it.

Amen! Plus, from what I've read of his testimony, Rick is our brother in Christ and we are to love one another even if we don't agree with them about all things, and we are called to weep when they weep, to share one anothers burdens.

Some people have no tact at all, they open mouth, insert foot, that terrible foot & mouth disease. They that will cause many to pay no never mind to them although they may be correct much of the time, just bad timing. There is a time for everything  & when you try to force it in the wrong time, that creates problems & trouble, & really helps no one. Compassion is lacking.

And your correct, he seems to preach people how to be saved, its just he is off on many other issues, that is he is very liberal, ecumenical. which goes along with being part of the SBC.

Some people have no tact at all, they open mouth, insert foot, that terrible foot & mouth disease. They that will cause many to pay no never mind to them although they may be correct much of the time, just bad timing. There is a time for everything  & when you try to force it in the wrong time, that creates problems & trouble, & really helps no one. Compassion is lacking.

And your correct, he seems to preach people how to be saved, its just he is off on many other issues, that is he is very liberal, ecumenical. which goes along with being part of the SBC.

Your double standards are truly amazing. You criticize virtually EVERY post I make and for you it has become a competition  because your ego can't handle anyone disagreeing with you about anything. You criticize how I handle people that attack the Bible that call themselves Christians, and then refer to people has having "foot in mouth disease". I can't count how many threads I have seen where you are hyper-critical of others, and then have the nerve to demand that others follow your barking orders.

It is not as if Rick Warren's family members are on this thread and we are offering opinions about the issues in their faces. It's a discussion forum, people have different opinions and different views, yet everything you disagree with, you take personally, and ascribe motives to everyone you disagree with ("they lack compassion"). You act like those of us who are not "sympathetic" (which is a rotten accusation) are saying this directly to his family.

Get over yourself and quit being such a hypocrite.

Edited by DrJamesA

You have no sympathy for a man who just lost his son?

May God have mercy on your soul.

Read it again KOB.  What's that second sentence mean to you?

Why do you say he has no hope? Can you judge a person salvation? Are do you believe suicide is an unforgivable sin & that person automatically goes to hell?

He had no hope because he killed himself.  He gave up.  I believe, as mentioned before, that the Scriptures teach us how to discern them that are saved from them that are lost.  No, I do not believe suicide is unforgivable.  

Well John, from what I've read, with his false gospel being spread around the world, he's the enemy of God and Christ and therefore, no brother of mine.  I must confess though that I don't ever remember praying for the man until I learned of his son's death.  He was one of those wolves who led me astray as a babe in Christ for several years until I finally headed the warnings of the Holy Spirit.

Read it again KOB.  What's that second sentence mean to you?

He had no hope because he killed himself.  He gave up.  I believe, as mentioned before, that the Scriptures teach us how to discern them that are saved from them that are lost.  No, I do not believe suicide is unforgivable.  

Well John, from what I've read, with his false gospel being spread around the world, he's the enemy of God and Christ and therefore, no brother of mine.  I must confess though that I don't ever remember praying for the man until I learned of his son's death.  He was one of those wolves who led me astray as a babe in Christ for several years until I finally headed the warnings of the Holy Spirit.

What false gospel? From what I've read of his testimony, he's biblically saved. From what I've read of how he presents the Gospel, it's biblical.

No doubt the more popular he's become the more he's compromised on some teachings, but that doesn't mean he's not saved.

I'm going to lock my topic, I do not like the direction its going. And this is not the topic for going in that direction.

When a subject like this comes up, its time to show compassion, & kindness.