• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

About the "Wondering" thread

• Members

Just to let others know what I'm up to. My grandaughter was baptized by the Roman Church this past Saturday. I understand now this is one of several steps required to become a Roman Church member. So, I thought there were some RC members who were members of OB...just the way they were communicating was a clue. So, I hoped to get their opinion (personal) of what baptism means to them.

I wanted to be ready to discuss the false teaching with my wife in light of the gospel.

Now, this OB member (RC) has come forward to share her beliefs but, none of those are personal so far. I think this is a good opportunity to teach Bible over Church dogma. She seems to know her dogma well or, maybe copy-pastes from RC web pages...God knows. I already have several points highlighted from the discussion quoted below. I hope we treat this person gently, as you see below she is "30 years in the RC."

by Julie L

• Members
Dave - could it be that for staunch Catholics' date=' what the church teaches [i']is their personal belief? I know that whenever I talk with Catholics, they interchange "I believe" with "the church teaches..."

Yes, that is a valid point but, in the last post I noticed some personality attempting to get out. It's tempting to go after some of her comments but, I believe the Holy Spirit will guide the conversation. I'm willing to be patient. I will pray nightly for God's grace in this for Julie and for me.

I also prayed that it would give me greater light to speak with my wife when the time comes.

I was very sorrow filled just after they baptized my grandchild and the result was the "Promises" thread viewtopic.php?f=12&t=26296&p=422367#p422269
Please pray for me and my family.

• Members

Dave, You said you would not attend, I commend you for this, neither would I. Attending it would give it credibility There has been a few things I would not attend, Linda has a hard time understanding this. I'm going to try my best not to show my presence at a place that is mocking God, Any type of false teaching event is mocking God.

In Christ,
Jerry

There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.
Prov 16:25 KJV

7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.
9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.
Gal 6:7-9 (KJV)

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I've learned a lot from that thread. I've learned what I think Happy was trying to tell me...

Dave - could it be that for staunch Catholics, what the church teaches is their personal belief? I know that whenever I talk with Catholics, they interchange "I believe" with "the church teaches..."

When you say the word "faith" to a Roman Church member I believe they auto-insert "Roman Church." If you quoted Jesus meeting the lepers, Luke 17:19 And he said unto him, Arise, go thy way: thy faith hath made thee whole. When she heres this she relates it to adherence to the Roman Church dogma.

I have not see a post from her in that thread since June 10. Either she has a long reply coming or she spoke to a priest :sad however, she heard enough gospel truth from all of us and God will use it.

• Members
I've learned a lot from that thread. I've learned what I think Happy was trying to tell me...

When you say the word "faith" to a Roman Church member I believe they auto-insert "Roman Church." If you quoted Jesus meeting the lepers, Luke 17:19 And he said unto him, Arise, go thy way: thy faith hath made thee whole. When she heres this she relates it to adherence to the Roman Church dogma.

I have not see a post from her in that thread since June 10. Either she has a long reply coming or she spoke to a priest :sad however, she heard enough gospel truth from all of us and God will use it.

I believe most RCC members believe without "The Church," with its "pope,' they cannot enter heaven.

• Members

I've found that if a Catholic truly desires to be right with God, when they are confronted with the unbilical aspects of the RCC they are shocked and open and receptive to the Gospel.

At the same time, I've found that those Catholics who are intent upon defending RCC doctrine and ways are blinded to the truth and unwilling to even consider the RCC might be wrong.