• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

JerryNumbers

Would You Shop In Such A Store?

No, I wouldn't walk through the door.

The only other store I've ever heard of doing such a thing was a "sex store" in a small city not that far from here. I don't know what they charged to look around but I heard someone at work one time say that if they bought something then that amount would be subtracted from the price but if they didn't buy anything the "looking" fee was lost.

It sounds like a good way to chase off potential customers.  Although I've been guilty of doing that occasionally at shoe stores.  LOL.  Gotta try them on, you know, then buy them cheaper online!   ;-)

It would be nice to have a business & your customer would have to pay you to buy from you.

Oh, Sam's Clubs does that, & many fall for it. And they calim its worthwhile, when I had a country store I use to buy from them, but just for our self, its not worth it.

Our electric company charges a $8.50 customer charge. When they 1st started this it was $5.00!   :scratchchin: Of course they have no competition  you either buy from them, or your in the dark.

Cheaper online doesn't work up here... shipping from the States is astronomical!

I think your right. I've ordered a very few things on line, & only because they were not available locally out here in rural America without driving at least 100 mile round trip. And now days it cost quite a bit to drive 100 miles.