• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

Kitagrl

Neanderthal Hybrid Found!

Young earth creationist say that the dinosaurs died off after the flood because of the changed climate. This doesn't make any sense to me. Why save them if they are going to immediately die off after the flood? This is why I think perhaps the dinosaurs fall into the "gap" between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2. I've also read where there is geological evidence of two cataclysmic floods. They were destroyed when Lucifer rebelled.

Young earth creationist say that the dinosaurs died off after the flood because of the changed climate. This doesn't make any sense to me. Why save them if they are going to immediately die off after the flood? This is why I think perhaps the dinosaurs fall into the "gap" between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2. I've also read where there is geological evidence of two cataclysmic floods. They were destroyed when Lucifer rebelled.

There is too much evidence of dinosaurs existing for thousands of years after the flood for this to be true.

I have read that Neandertals were around shortly after the flood, or they may have been most of humans. Their facial 'deformities', which were not common with them all, denoted long life-if they were around after the flood, and if there was what some have suggested, a brief  'ice-age', which is possible, since it would take extremely cold temperatures brought on very fast to freeze a mammoth so quickly that the meat doesn't rot, then perhaps they were just men living a couple hundred years in a colder climate with less sun, thus, vitamin d deficient, causing deformities, and facial growth due to advanced age in a world no longer protected as it was pre-flood. As well, with the various earth changes taking place, (global climate change, anyone?), in land, weather and water, who knows what it might have done to those living then.

Also, man's diet changed from vegetation to meat, and a loss of vitamins, minerals and other nutrition due to much being lost into the water, would also effect man's health and development.

Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Indians painted a picture of Job's Behemoth on a rock bridge in picture Rock state park in Ca. It had full desert patina on the picture so it could not have been faked. The Indians saw behemoth.

As the oxygen level dropped the large animals moved slower and slower. They became easy food.

Have a blessed Easter!

Edited by Eric Stahl

Where did you come up with this? 

There are paintings, carvings and other artifacts which depict dinosaurs around the world. Such have been found in North and South America as well as in Asia and elsewhere.

There are also written records of creatures encountered by man that could have only been dinosaurs.

Despite what "science" tells us about dinosaurs all dying out fast in a mass extinction, the actual evidence suggests they died out over a long course of time as have many other creatures which became extinct.

There are paintings, carvings and other artifacts which depict dinosaurs around the world. Such have been found in North and South America as well as in Asia and elsewhere.

There are also written records of creatures encountered by man that could have only been dinosaurs.

Despite what "science" tells us about dinosaurs all dying out fast in a mass extinction, the actual evidence suggests they died out over a long course of time as have many other creatures which became extinct.

Never seen these pictures. I know there are cave painting of of mammoths and saber-tooth's but never of dinosaurs. There was one of a dinosaur that was proven fake.

This still doesn't answer the question in why spare the dinosaurs if they were just going to go extinct right after the flood because of climate change. This is what is usually taught anyways.

Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

"and so death passed upon all MEN"

This would previous to ours and what took place in it would have no bearing on ours. 

Never seen these pictures. I know there are cave painting of of mammoths and saber-tooth's but never of dinosaurs. There was one of a dinosaur that was proven fake.

This still doesn't answer the question in why spare the dinosaurs if they were just going to go extinct right after the flood because of climate change. This is what is usually taught anyways.

The dinosaurs didn't go extinct right after the flood, they lived on in various parts of the world for centuries; some varieties living longer than others.

Look here: http://www.genesispark.com/exhibits/evidence/historical/ancient/dinosaur/

Its not hard to find-just google it! Tons out there.

This would previous to ours and what took place in it would have no bearing on ours. 

Yes, death came because of sin, AND So death passed unto all men-death came, effecting everything living, including men. Men sinned, and thus, death came. Satan's sin did not cause death among the earth, because he was not native to the earth-man was placed on earth to have dominion, and when he abused it and sinned, his sin caused death to fall upon the whole earth.  The only way Satan could get death to come on earth was to get Adam to sin.

There was no earth previous to ours-there was a world, which is something different from the earth, but that world passed at the flood of Noah. However, had God so completely decimated an earth previous to ours which was created in Genesis, where everything had to be re-created, including the plant life, the light sources, the animals, everything, even re-introduce light, as well as the concept of night and day, that tells me that it wasn't merely the destruction of the world, but the entire earth. That would mean that we are living on the second earth. However, the Bible says, in Rev 21:1 that this is the first earth, because there, we see the new heaven and new earth created, as the first had passed away. But even with the creation of the new earth, we don't see a new creation of beings-we will populate it.

The Gap theory is a biblically-unsupported and unnecessary concept-we know fossils form very quickly, in the right conditions, and that the flood of Noah created the perfect conditions for the massive fossil record and coal beds we see today. And there is no reason to disbelieve that we co-existed with dinosaurs, as ancient artistic depictions show them in massive amounts. My theory of Adam and Eve having children before Cain and Abel has at least as much evidence, if not more, than the gap theory-at least the Bible tells us specifically that Adam and Eve had more children, thus setting the possibility of prior children, though not pre-fall. The Bible says nothing about a pre-Adamic earth and race-not one thing. 

The dinosaurs didn't go extinct right after the flood, they lived on in various parts of the world for centuries; some varieties living longer than others.

Indeed-many just never gained the size, stayed smaller, to survive in the lesser oxygen and gravity environment. They may account for what science believes are fossils of smaller, earlier versions of certain dinosaurs. Really, they may have been smaller, later versions of the same things!

You read it the way you want to, I will read it the way it is written.

You read it the way you want to, I will read it the way it is written.

I am reading it the way it's written. You are applying it to a situation where it wouldn't need to apply.

Let me spell it out for you again.

1) God created the heaven (singular in the KJV) and earth.

2) God created Lucifer, the cherubims (Lucifer would be included in the group) ,seraphims , archangels and angels ( all called the "sons of God" which would be anyone who is a direct creation of God).

3) Lucifer, along with some of the angels, rebelled. This would be the "original sin". Where there is sin there is death.

4) God casted them out of heaven and destroyed the earth in the process. Maybe, and that's a big maybe, this is when the dinosaurs existed. Interestingly, Lucifer is compared to a serpent, dragon and leviathan in the scripture.

5) God remakes the "heavens" (plural) and the earth in seven literal days. Everything is good again and there is no death.

6) God creates Adam,"the "son of God", during this time.

7) Adam sins and falls. Death enters this present world through Adam. Unlike Lucifer and the fallen angels, mankind can be redeemed.

Now go ahead and keep claiming that I'm "reading the verse" the way I want too. The verse would have no bearing on the previous creation nor the previous creation upon this verse.

Also, there is a difference between "create" and "made" in the bible (Genesis 2:3). Think about that for a while.

Your scenario.

1) God creates everything including the "sons of God" though no mention is made of this important creation in the seven days.

2) Lucifer and his angels immediately sin against God and fall yet no death enters creation and all is still considered good.

3) Adam sins and the creation falls.

4) The dinosaurs get on the ark.

5) The dinosaurs die off after the flood because of climate change.

6) They rest live on in the jungles of the Amazon in the unproven fantasies of ICR which is supported by some unclear primitive drawings on a few rocks.

Edited by ASongOfDegrees

I am reading it the way it's written. You are applying it to a situation where it wouldn't need to apply.

2) God created Lucifer, the cherubims (Lucifer would be included in the group) ,seraphims , archangels and angels ( all called the "sons of God" which would be anyone who is a direct creation of God).

3) Lucifer, along with some of the angels, rebelled. This would be the "original sin". Where there is sin there is death.

4) God casted them out of heaven and destroyed the earth in the process. Maybe, and that's a big maybe, this is when the dinosaurs existed. Interestingly, Lucifer is compared to a serpent, dragon and leviathan in the scripture.

5) God remakes the "heavens" (plural) and the earth in seven literal days. Everything is good again and there is no death.

7) Adam sins and falls. Death enters this present world through Adam. Unlike Lucifer and the fallen angels, mankind can be redeemed.

Now go ahead and keep claiming that I'm "reading the verse" the way I want too. The verse would have no bearing on the previous creation nor the previous creation upon this verse.

Also, there is a difference between "create" and "made" in the bible (Genesis 2:3). Think about that for a while.

Your scenario.

1) God creates everything including the "sons of God" though no mention is made of this important creation in the seven days.

2) Lucifer and his angels immediately sin against God and fall yet no death enters creation and all is still considered good.

6) They rest live on in the jungles of the Amazon in the unproven fantasies of ICR which is supported by some unclear primitive drawings on a few rocks.

Why doesn't God tell us when the angelic beings, including Lucifer, were created? Is it because it was so much earlier, millions of years, that He didn't? No, I suspect a much simpler answer? Becase it doesn't apply to the story. For the same reason it doesn't tell us when He made the third heaven, for the same reason it doesn't tell us when He made Hades. The focus of creation is upon the Earth, and what directly applies to life here-the planet, the green herb and trees, the land, the water, the sea life, birds, beasts and man, the sun, moon, stars and separation of the first and second heaven-we are dealing with the physical creation, not the spiritual-the hidden things belong to God. Had there been some earlier earth attached, somehow, to this one, Genesis would have spelled it out, because we are dealing with the physical creation, of which, even though destroyed, would still be an aspect of it, due to the vast effect it would have had on the earth.

God knew all the questions the fossils and coal beds and such would create, the evolutionary thery it would create, so, in knowing that, why not explain this aspect of creation, so there would be no probem with it? Is it just, as some say, to test our faith, by not letting us know clearly there was a millions-of-years-old earlier creation?  I think not-God gives ut the information, clearly, that we need to refute-He says ALL the beasts and sea animals and birds, of every kind, were created in six days. We know fossilization takes place quickly-so all the answers are laid out clearly, if we just believe what He says.

There is no room for something not there, and there is no gap, not even hinted at, save in the imaginations of those who don't believe that everything we see fits just fine. 

"And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made." (Gen 2:3).  In six literal days, God CREATED and MADE all things, and rested THE seventh day. If you want to split hairs and say there is a difference between create and made, well, here we see that God created AND mad everything in 6 days and rested the seventh. Ther is just no room to fit anything else. You claims that first, God CREATED, then, after the unknown-amount-of-time between vs. 1:2, God destroyed, the MADE everything else, because His CREATION was completed and everythig just had to be remade, well, the Bible says that in six days God created AND made everything. Otherwise, the seventh day was not the seventh, if there are millions of years before the actual begining of His creation and the completion of it.

It just doesn't wash. There is NO Bible to cite, no scripture, no evidence, no need, no proof, nothing except a theory based on a flawed reasoning to, (whether you accept it or not), compromise the Bible with evolution.

The Gap theory is simply a made up theory to reconcile evolution with Creation, because its embarrassing to try to tell an evolutionist that the world is only about 10,000 years old...thus the Gap Theory was born.

Interesting to note that when God creates the "New Heaven" and "New Earth" he casts the devil and the demons into the Lake of Fire.     

Why would He not have done that the first time, before creating "this" earth?   I mean, according to your timeline, Lucifer falls, and THEN God creates a new earth.  Huh?  He just leaves Lucifer around just waiting to mess up his new creation?  Not buying it.  The only thing that makes sense is that Lucifer fell AFTER God created humans, and God wasn't going to nix creation just because Lucifer messed things up.

And the earth was "without form" which means it was formless, which means it didn't have leftover dinosaur bones laying around, because there was nothing there to contain leftover bones from some previous creation.

If Lucifer fell during or after Creation, it would not have caused death to pass upon men, because the angels were spirit beings.  The only thing that caused sin to fall upon man, was the sin of man.   It is likely that Lucifer was jealous of God's Creation and jealous of His friendship with Adam, and wanted to have that for Himself.   

The Gap Theory makes no sense at all.

Even if God created the angels "earlier" it has nothing to do with earth, or a gap theory, because those things occurred in God's realm.  But it had nothing to do with this earth, or a prior earth.

Ever wonder why God doesn't say he is going to create "another new heaven" and "another new earth", or "Earth and Heaven--Third Times A Charm"?       Nope, no Gap Theory.

There are so many verses in the Bible, why are we trying to make one up to support a theory that makes us more comfortable than accepting a young earth?

My second pastor, James H. Rainwater, referred to the Gap theory as the "Gap Fact" and he could have been wrong but I can promise you that Bro Rainwater was no evolutionist in any shape form or fashion. Rather, i think the 
"Gap Theory" is more of an attempt to explain what happened to the dinosaurs. Because the only dinos which survived this side of the Flood are the crocodilians: "Beowuf" , "Nessie" and "Mokele Mbembe" not withstanding.

Your scenario.

To Dave and ASong ofDegree,

Matthew 5:40-41

40And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

I believe Satan's sin came before the earth was created because the earth and the fire within it, were prepared for the devil and his angels.

To Dave and ASong ofDegree,

Matthew 5:40-41

40And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

I believe Satan's sin came before the earth was created because the earth and the fire within it, were prepared for the devil and his angels.

Actually, no, the only everlasting fire is the lake of fire which is not in the center of the earth, which was prepared for the devil and his angels.

My second pastor, James H. Rainwater, referred to the Gap theory as the "Gap Fact" and he could have been wrong but I can promise you that Bro Rainwater was no evolutionist in any shape form or fashion. Rather, i think the 
"Gap Theory" is more of an attempt to explain what happened to the dinosaurs. Because the only dinos which survived this side of the Flood are the crocodilians: "Beowuf" , "Nessie" and "Mokele Mbembe" not withstanding.

I believe dinosaurs survived the flood in the ark (baby ones, probably) and survived for awhile before slowly becoming extinct.

Notice that the wooly mammoths were preserved at the poles with the dramatic temp change when the vapor canopy released and plunged the poles into a literal "ice age".  Wooly mammoths were one of the "dinosaurs" that were in THIS earth, not any other earths.

Actually, no, the only everlasting fire is the lake of fire which is not in the center of the earth, which was prepared for the devil and his angels.

The bottemless pit and lake of fire are in the center of the earth.

Revelation 9:1-2

1 And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.

2And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit.