• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Please pray for my best friend's salvation

• Members
Well everyone' date=' I talked to him and he said he doesn't know for sure if he is sorry for his sins or not. Please pray that God would convict him of his sins.[/quote']

Hi! Not to be an armchair quarterback but please consider a few tactics. I've wrestled with guilt of conscience, but until I understood the character of the law I really didn't know who I'd sinned against. It's easy to sin when we don't see the affects of sin, but when we see the face of the victim it changes our heart. The character of the law is God. We sin against Him and He hates us, personally, because of it. God's wrath abides on us as long as we are sinners in His eyes. I know it seems harsh but it's true. Don't let your friend off the hook by telling him God loves him. God only loves His children. John 3:16 is in the past tense, "...loved the world..."

I had a sin that I was covering up. I knew it was wrong but I continued doing it until the new wore off. I put it behind me and forgot about it. One day my mother found out and confronted me. When I saw the dejection in her face and disappointment in her voice, I confessed everything and our friendship was restored.

I'll be praying for you and him.
Love in Christ