• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Offical thread for the 2008 Presidential Election!!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think Seth is right, Obama big time, and we will have him for at least 4 years.

I told Linda earlier, that one of the others who were seeking the republican nomination would have had a much better chance at winning that John boy.

John boy projects the image of President Bush, to many feel the becoming situation that has come in would be carried out by John boy.

Obama claiming John boy would be 4 more years of Bush did it.

Huckbee or Romney would have done much better and would not have not made people think of 4 more years of Bush as much.

So I feel the republicans party shot them selves in the foot this time and its all their fault. That is my opinion.

From now to swearing in day, you better spend your time getting ready for what is next.

• Members

....what is crazy to me though is every election, it seems like the popular vote is nearly perfectly split down the center of the country. Its only a matter of how the votes are arranged per state as far as earning the electoral votes. So far with what is being reported, McCain is losing electoral votes by a landslide, but the popular vote is nearly split with what is being reported so far.

• Members
I think next time' date=' republicans should make sure t their party is voting in the primary. There's no point of democrat voting in republican party just to keep someone out.[/quote']

Yeah but they should also have primaries all on the same day! By the time it was our turn to vote, the candidates were already in place. It didn't do us any good to go to the polls by then.

John boy projects the image of President Bush' date=' to many feel the becoming situation that has come in would be carried out by John boy.[/quote']

Jerry---this is where I would have to respectfully disagree with you. I really don't know of a better man than President Bush that could have handled the problems this nation had during his 8 terms as POTUS. Besides, he didn't start the mess. Remember? Everyone seems to forget that GWB was busy cleaning up Clinton's messes. Also, I was really getting excited to see a war hero in the White House---such as John McCain. He has the experience, and brings a whole lot more to the table than any other man on the ballot.

What exactly do the 3rd Party Candidates offer? Are they ready to take on Washington, D.C. and ALL of it's problems? I really don't think BO is equipped to handle that mess. In fact, he is a negotiator. I was thinking we could get someone like Richard Nixon back in the White House. As I have said before...Russia feared that man. We need to be feared---(respected) as the nation that we are, and for what we have done for ALL other nations in the world. Now we look like pansy's. I'm sorry---but this Ohio woman wasn't raised to act like a pansy.

I thought of Huckabee---but his bass guitar really did bother me. :roll And, Romney...well, I am not sure how Mormon he really is. My son even asked waaay back when---as far as Polygamy? "Can the White House have more than one first lady in it, mom?" Sure...it was an honest question---ya, never do know.

• Members

Hey how did some of you vote Baldwin or write in? The way ours was, you could only push buttons for candidates available. Its a good thing God didn't tell me to vote Baldwin or write in, or I would have had to disobey. LOL. Because neither was an option where I voted!

• Members
I dunno? We had paper ballots. Then...we had 2 write-in sections. That was were I was tempted to put Our Lord Jesus Christ on the ballot. :amen:

We had electronic ballots, you push buttons beside the available candidates, and then we had one yes/no local vote.

We had two third party tickets to choose from but no Baldwin.

Hey, what you all got against the bass guitar? You have to have some bass you know.........................

When I saw Huckabee on David Letterman he was acting and playing like a rock-and roller. Those days have been long over for me. I gave that up waaay before I got saved. I despise rock-n-roll music. I have officially become my parents. :smile