• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Offical thread for the 2008 Presidential Election!!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The only good thing is, that other than continuing to blame Bush....for the next four years NOTHING can be blamed on republicans! Anything bad will be Democrats fault. So we will see just WHO can run a country, and who cannot.

• Members

Yes...He is in control...but is creation is definitely out of control. :eek

Colossians 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
Colossians 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

• Members

Colossians 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

:amen:

I've been reading and studying Colossians everyday now for the past several days. :smile

Thanks, Katie. :smile Scripture always helps. I am sitting here crying. I really can't believe how people can vote for a man that votes consistently to murdering innocent babies right out of the womb. How in the world can people---and I am talking some Christians in the state of OH---vote money and health care issues over life? This is horrible to me. Saved or unsaved it makes absolutely NO sense in my mind at all. OH is a disaster!!!

I'm not surrounded by much better here in PA.... :roll

I know. The Bible belt used to hold us together. That isn't the case, anymore.

Hubby and I are talking about being missionaries. God hasn't placed a calling on his heart anywhere, yet...although, I know in the Philippines they save babies. They bring abandoned babies into IFB churches to be raised in the church. They love the USA!!! The preachers always talk about how they pray for the USA because we gave them the English speaking KJV Bible and fought for their freedoms.

• Members

Too many folks relying on politicians rather than taking their case to the Lord and doing the Lords work to bring about real change.

Consider how many Republican presidents we've had since Roe v. Wade went into effect and none of them put forth any real effort to end abortion. Consider for six years of the Bush II presidency the Republicans controlled the government and yet no real efforts went forth to end abortion. Whether Dems or Repubs have controlled the congress and/or presidency since Roe v. Wade became law, the murder of babies has gone forth unhindered and unthreatened.

• Members

That is for sure, long drawn out primaries are not good, but I don't think they will ever change that.

As for electoral votes, I hope they never change that, if they do smaller states will not have much say so in the election of a president.

But the last I heard Obama was winning by 54 to 55 %, the most a democrat has won by since President Johnson.

Talk about blame, there is enough blame in Washington to cover ever politicians in Washington no matter what party they're of, but politicians don't take blame, they blame it on someone else.

Too many folks relying on politicians rather than taking their case to the Lord and doing the Lords work to bring about real change.

Consider how many Republican presidents we've had since Roe v. Wade went into effect and none of them put forth any real effort to end abortion. Consider for six years of the Bush II presidency the Republicans controlled the government and yet no real efforts went forth to end abortion. Whether Dems or Repubs have controlled the congress and/or presidency since Roe v. Wade became law, the murder of babies has gone forth unhindered and unthreatened.

Yet...I didn't become a believer until May of 2003. I was in darkness all during that time. Life was always an uphill battle for me...and, it is getting more uphill as I get older. Sure...I get the reprieves...but, they really don't last long. I was really hoping and praying for some real wonderful change in this country. Now...Satan is breaking right into the USA in "full force." I just want to see souls get saved. :pray

• Members

Now is the time for Christians to get busy in prayer, pursuing personal holiness, and doing the Lord's work. Let the politicians and the lost busy themselves with these other matters. Let us get our lives right with God and get busy spreading the Gospel, praying for revival, praying for a Great Awakening, obeying the Word of God.

Now is the time for Christians to get busy in prayer' date=' pursuing personal holiness, and doing the Lord's work. Let the politicians and the lost busy themselves with these other matters. Let us get our lives right with God and get busy spreading the Gospel, praying for revival, praying for a Great Awakening, obeying the Word of God.[/quote']

:amen::goodpost: We NEED to unite as Bible-believing Christians, then. I don't work well on my own.