• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

What edition of the KJV is the inspired and inerrant version

• Members
The Books of the Old Testament were written in Hebrew on rolls prepared from the skins of animals' date=' and scrupulous care was taken to ensure that copies were accurate. These books were compiled over a period of nearly one thousand years and were completed about 400 years before the birth of the Lord Jesus Christ at Bethlehem. Nearly 300 years before that event the Hebrew books appeared in a Greek translation which became known as the Version of the Seventy (Septuagint) because the translation was believed to be the work of seventy learned Jews of Alexandria. This version was in common use in the days of the Apostles and is often quoted in the New Testament.[/quote']

I know that your quoting from a tract but I would like to mention that:

1. I do not believe that the Septuagint was in common use among the children of Israel.
2. I do not believe that neither Christ nor the apostles ever quoted from the Septuagint.
3. I believe that the Septuagint was probably translated years after Christ was upon the earth. In other words, I believe that it is a clever fraud.

My reasons for these statements:

1. The Septuagint was written in Classical Greek not Koine Greek. Koine Greek was the language of the common people.
2. God would not send his people back to Egypt (a type of the world and under God's curse) to translate the Hebrew scriptures when he gave the job of preserving the Hebrew scriptures to the Levites.
3. The story is told that their were 72 scribes (6 from each tribe of Israel) that were involved in the translating work. Septuagint means 70, so what happened to the other 2?