• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

DaveW

Honesty?

So are we to the point now in this forum that we have to submit a statement of faith and pass a IFB litmus test to dare venture upon this holy site? Maybe we should have a FBI backround check done and submit the results to that too. Or get tested form illegal performance enhancement drugs? Don't forget to remove your shoes when typing too.

It seems your reading skills are very poor, either that are you ignore some things, I don't know which one it is. Its been pointed out the honor system is used several times by me & by others, but I'm pointing it out in this post at least two more times for your benefit.

Bro. Matt uses the honor system. And that is a very good system to use, but usually there will always be on or more than will take advantage of the honor system. And its very sad that a christian would do so.

And once again, I think this is a very good topic, to remind everyone, even in use of the honor system its wrong to deceive.

So in the end that means let each persons conscience be their guide.

PS: With each person conscience be their guide, & its the honor system, that means they own me, nor anyone else, not even Bro. Matt, & explanation of why they ask to be part of the IFB Group. So please! No more explaining openly why your in that group, or why you deserve the right to be a part of that group. Its only between you & God. 

Dave W I get your point and think it's an excellent one. But the argument goes around and around.  It just seems that technicalities are argued far more than the heart. Kind of sad to see. 

Dave W I get your point and think it's an excellent one. But the argument goes around and around.  It just seems that technicalities are argued far more than the heart. Kind of sad to see. 

Not addressed to me, but its a big AMEN!

.......the argument goes around and around. It just seems that technicalities are argued far more than the heart. Kind of sad to see.

I was saved in my IFB church, was still in the IFB church when I joined the IFB  forum. When I left the church, I aknowledged it publicly and Bro Matt indicated that it was OK for me to stay. I don't agree with the dress standards and the Bible versions of my present church but I'm not whineing or causeing a stink about it while I'm there eithe. They were gracious and kind enough to let me join their church. As to my heart, it is still in the IFB church and the beloved Holy King James Bible; my Wife and daughter are still in dresses ans skirts and we still try to "live right. dress right and spit white" so where is the" technicalities", ma'am? I never joined this board under false pretenses.

Brothers, I am not trying to get involved here, but I am seeing a lot of contention. This thread was started by Dave to address the issue of those who do not identify themselves as IFB should have access to the IFB specific portion of the board. Every single person that has posted on this thread associates themselves with IFB, so what is the problem? I would think that it is safe to say that those here (in heartstrings case) would attend an IFB church, if there was a biblically sound one close by. If I recall an earlier post of his correctly, out of the three churches nearby, they are SBC and two of them are compromised in the pastorate. So the church he attends is the most biblically sound one in his area.

It should not matter if one actually attends a local IFB church, but rather that they uphold and adhere to the doctrine established in the Bible and stated on this site. If someone agrees to that, then their heart is right and they are like-minded. Trying to delve into technicalities only causes strife, and is not edifying to anyone. This post is not directed towards one single person or side of the issue, but rather to all those involved in the conversation. Let's not fret over where someone goes to church, but rather focus on whether they believe the Bible or not.

It just seems to me that DaveW is digging for some kind of confession in order to get some folks bounced out of this forum. What does it really matter anyways if someone is "secretly" not a IFBer? This isn't a local church. As long as they follow the rules we should leave the secret things of the heart to the Lord.

It seems your reading skills are very poor, either that are you ignore some things, I don't know which one it is. Its been pointed out the honor system is used several times by me & by others, but I'm pointing it out in this post at least two more times for your benefit.

Bro. Matt uses the honor system. And that is a very good system to use, but usually there will always be on or more than will take advantage of the honor system. And its very sad that a christian would do so.

And once again, I think this is a very good topic, to remind everyone, even in use of the honor system its wrong to deceive.

So in the end that means let each persons conscience be their guide.

PS: With each person conscience be their guide, & its the honor system, that means they own me, nor anyone else, not even Bro. Matt, & explanation of why they ask to be part of the IFB Group. So please! No more explaining openly why your in that group, or why you deserve the right to be a part of that group. Its only between you & God. 

Jerry, your sanctimonious finger wagging is getting tiresome. You couldn't even grasp the point of my post. Where did I explain openly why I'm in a group and why I have a right to be in that group?  I simply stated what Matt's criteria was to be in the group since DaveW felt that wasn't enough. You people are the ones turning this into a crusade. 

It just seems to me that DaveW is digging for some kind of confession in order to get some folks bounced out of this forum. What does it really matter anyways if someone is "secretly" not a IFBer? This isn't a local church. As long as they follow the rules we should leave the secret things of the heart to the Lord.

Well you seem to think you know the secret things of my heart..........

I am trying to get people to examine their own hearts.

In fact this thread is all about examining your own heart. As I have said, I don't know who here is a member of an IFB church, who is not, who considers themselves to be IFB and who doesn't - Bro Matt kindly pointed out that I can view some list somewhere - which I haven't done.

Only a few seem to have caught my actual point - it is a matter of the heart.

This section is quite clearly titled " Forums for Independent Fundamental Baptist".
I asked people to examine their hearts and decide if they honestly fit that description.
all sorts of other people started bringing up specific quals.

You can accuse me of whatever you like - in this instance I don't really care - as long as you examine your heart and decide if a forum section titled " Forums for Independent Fundamental Baptist" is really a place that you have a right to be.
Only two people have stated that they consider themselves IFB even though their circumstances dictate they attend other churches. From their statements they appear to be happy to be in this section.
Not that it matters, but I appreciate their statements explaining why they feel ok being here.
A few others have made no comment, or little comment - I don't know their conscience on the matter - maybe some do not even have access here I don't know - I actually don't pay that much attention to who posts what where.

Why do you have such a problem with a call to examine your heart on a matter such as this?

Or is it the specific issue of an area titled " Forums for Independent Fundamental Baptist" that is causing you problems?

If you saw a title that said " Forums for Independent Fundamental Baptist" what would that imply to you?
What do you infer from it?

If your heart before God will allow you to access an area titled " Forums for Independent Fundamental Baptist" then fine.
Plenty have either satisfied themselves quietly, or felt a need to justify themselves before all (which I don't think is necessary).

If people have examined their hearts, then job done.

Well you seem to think you know the secret things of my heart..........

I am trying to get people to examine their own hearts.

In fact this thread is all about examining your own heart. As I have said, I don't know who here is a member of an IFB church, who is not, who considers themselves to be IFB and who doesn't - Bro Matt kindly pointed out that I can view some list somewhere - which I haven't done.

Only a few seem to have caught my actual point - it is a matter of the heart.

This section is quite clearly titled " Forums for Independent Fundamental Baptist".
I asked people to examine their hearts and decide if they honestly fit that description.
all sorts of other people started bringing up specific quals.

You can accuse me of whatever you like - in this instance I don't really care - as long as you examine your heart and decide if a forum section titled " Forums for Independent Fundamental Baptist" is really a place that you have a right to be.
Only two people have stated that they consider themselves IFB even though their circumstances dictate they attend other churches. From their statements they appear to be happy to be in this section.
Not that it matters, but I appreciate their statements explaining why they feel ok being here.
A few others have made no comment, or little comment - I don't know their conscience on the matter - maybe some do not even have access here I don't know - I actually don't pay that much attention to who posts what where.

Why do you have such a problem with a call to examine your heart on a matter such as this?

Or is it the specific issue of an area titled " Forums for Independent Fundamental Baptist" that is causing you problems?

If you saw a title that said " Forums for Independent Fundamental Baptist" what would that imply to you?
What do you infer from it?

If your heart before God will allow you to access an area titled " Forums for Independent Fundamental Baptist" then fine.
Plenty have either satisfied themselves quietly, or felt a need to justify themselves before all (which I don't think is necessary).

If people have examined their hearts, then job done.

I;ve told you about three times, I'm a member of a SBC

I;ve told you about three times, I'm a member of a SBC

I meant apart from those stated here.
I think I said that in an earlier post.

My personal opinion is that if you consider yourself IFB, then that would be an honest position. You have made it plain that you do, so in my opinion that's an honest position.
But in fact my opinion doesn't matter in this. It is your conscience before God that counts. Again, my opinion is that God would have no problem with that.

However if someone does not consider themselves to be IFB, how is it honest to be in a section titled " Forums for Independent Fundamental Baptist"?

I meant apart from those stated here.
I think I said that in an earlier post.

My personal opinion is that if you consider yourself IFB, then that would be an honest position. You have made it plain that you do, so in my opinion that's an honest position.
But in fact my opinion doesn't matter in this. It is your conscience before God that counts. Again, my opinion is that God would have no problem with that.

However if someone does not consider themselves to be IFB, how is it honest to be in a section titled " Forums for Independent Fundamental Baptist"?

Now THIS I can understand and agree with! :clapping:

Jerry, your sanctimonious finger wagging is getting tiresome. You couldn't even grasp the point of my post. Where did I explain openly why I'm in a group and why I have a right to be in that group?  I simply stated what Matt's criteria was to be in the group since DaveW felt that wasn't enough. You people are the ones turning this into a crusade. 

You fail to have any understanding, & you love to accuse & make false accusations.