• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

DaveW

Honesty?

We get your point, but if there's any area you'd like people to be considering their own record of integrity in, and it is NOT the IFB forum, perhaps it would be helpful if you simply named the area do as to direct people's thoughts aright. Right now it really does seem like you think someone is not acting with integrity in reference to online posts. Or perhaps it's an issue on another forum you frequent that has you reflecting here?

Yes, that seems to be the sticking point. It might be helpful if you (Dave) simply named those you don't think should be in this forum so we can intelligently, and hopefully rightly, discuss this.

But
a) I don't know who has access here.
B) I don't know who is and isn't IFB here.
c) I think it should be a matter of personal honesty and integrity, not of "mod work".

Who knows best if they are rightly accessing this part "
Forums for Independent Fundamental Baptist" if not the person yourselves?

I have neither the right nor the relevant information to judge matters such as this.
That's the funny thing about integrity - if it is enforced, it is not real.

But
c) I think it should be a matter of personal honesty and integrity, not of "mod work".

Who knows best if they are rightly accessing this part "
Forums for Independent Fundamental Baptist" if not the person yourselves?

I have neither the right nor the relevant information to judge matters such as this.
That's the funny thing about integrity - if it is enforced, it is not real.

Then I don't really get your point. Bro Matt has made it clear that the forum name is more exclusive sounding than it actually is and the requirements for being admitted to this section are clear. If one meets the requirements to be admitted and they apply and are admitted, then there is no issue of integrity to contend with.

I do know of a few who never applied here because they acknowledged they didn't meet the requirements.

Regardless of the name of the forum, it's the requirements for admittance that matter with regards to integrity or honesty.

Reminds me of the 3 tiny Methodist churches all within 7 miles of one another, all share the same minister and have for decades, yet they all reject coming together, either in one of the existing church buildings or another. They each demand to hold onto "their church" no matter how few attend, how much it limits their ability to have various church programs and projects, no matter how taxing it is on the minister to have to preach in one church early, then rush to the next one to preach again, and then on to the third church to preach yet again each Sunday.

To be honest, I don't blame them.

Of course the big church will always tell the small church, why not shut down & join us. There's many people drive by very good small churches so they can enter the city & be with the city folks.

To be honest, I don't blame them.

Of course the big church will always tell the small church, why not shut down & join us. There's many people drive by very good small churches so they can enter the city & be with the city folks.

I understand wanting ones own church, but all three of these churches are tiny, all three share the same minister, all three by themselves are unable to grow, support programs or keep from becoming smaller.

Were they each independent churches with their own pastors and wanting to remain that way I would see more reason for such. Since these three churches are all Methodist, all have the same pastor, are all in close proximity (this is a very rural area), all are stagnant or dying, there would be much benefit for all, especially potentially for the kingdom of God, if they were to come together under one roof; their argument against such mostly comes down to pride.

There is a "lounge" area, and an "IFB lounge" area.
Why is there a difference, and what is implied by this difference?

The general lounge area is open to absolutely anyone. The IFB lounge area is a place where IFB-minded folks can have a discussion without having to deal with outside inputs, jabs, or attacks. Such has occured here before where several with very non-IFB viewpoints will take every opportunity to derail discussions so they can attack IFB views and/or promote their particular views.

I understand wanting ones own church, but all three of these churches are tiny, all three share the same minister, all three by themselves are unable to grow, support programs or keep from becoming smaller.

Were they each independent churches with their own pastors and wanting to remain that way I would see more reason for such. Since these three churches are all Methodist, all have the same pastor, are all in close proximity (this is a very rural area), all are stagnant or dying, there would be much benefit for all, especially potentially for the kingdom of God, if they were to come together under one roof; their argument against such mostly comes down to pride.

Not everyone wants to attend the big church, I'm one of them.  :biggrin:

Plus, I would be very careful about saying a small church is stagnant or dying. There was only 8 souls on the ark. There was only 4 souls came out of Sodom, & one of them looked back. There was only two souls that came out of the 40 years of wandering in the desert into the promise land above the age of 20, Caleb & Joshua.

To Dave, Jerry numbers, and whoever it may concern:

I left my IFB church, of 26 years, a year ago last August. IF Bro Matt wants to verify for you, I applied to join this IFB forum long before that time; and after I did leave my IFB church, I openly acknowledged it here but was allowed to continue access anyway. So, as for myself, I have not applied deceptively

Edited by heartstrings

The general lounge area is open to absolutely anyone. The IFB lounge area is a place where IFB-minded folks can have a discussion without having to deal with outside inputs, jabs, or attacks. Such has occured here before where several with very non-IFB viewpoints will take every opportunity to derail discussions so they can attack IFB views and/or promote their particular views.

;)

Not everyone wants to attend the big church, I'm one of them.  :biggrin:

Plus, I would be very careful about saying a small church is stagnant or dying. There was only 8 souls on the ark. There was only 4 souls came out of Sodom, & one of them looked back. There was only two souls that came out of the 40 years of wandering in the desert into the promise land above the age of 20, Caleb & Joshua.

These are local Methodist churches so I've been familiar with them most of my life. If all three combined they would move from being three tiny churches to becoming one small church. Of the three main churches in this area, they would still be the smallest.

But

You can tell if someone has access to this forum by simply looking at the members groups. If they have *Independent Fundamental Baptist then they have access. 

In the screenshot, those with the green asterisks have access to the forum.

To Dave, Jerry numbers, and whoever it may concern:

I left my IFB church, of 26 years, a year ago last August. IF Bro Matt wants to verify for you, I applied to join this IFB forum long before that time; and after I did leave my IFB church, I openly acknowledged it here but was allowed to continue access anyway. So, as for myself, I have not applied deceptively

Please, don't worry about me, I'm not the keeper, I'm not the judge, I don't make the rules, laws. All God did is call me to be pastor of one of His churches. On this forum I'm just another member, no different than any other member, if I deserved more respect than other members I would place Brother & or something else in front of or after my name. I try as best I can never to think to highly of myself & promote myself above others, but always try to promote my Lord. That is I'm just a mere man like you.

Its all between you & God. As Bro. Matt stated in the beginning when he started such forums, "I'm using the honor system, I'll take each persons word." I think that is a wonderful method to use, after all we are all accountable to God.

Although I think this is a very good topic. Its a good topic because some have stated on this forum that its OK to lie in some situation, & just because they may lie about certain things that does not make them dishonest people. I highly disagree, a person who will lie about one thing is not an honest person.

And each & everyone of us needs to always examine our self closely & try as best we possibly can to glorify our Lord in every way we can by following Jesus closely, being like Him as much as we can, being as honest as we possibly about every thing.

To be honest to stretch the truth to get into an IFB forum would be no different that a man that would stretch the truth to get into a woman's only forum or a woman that would stretch the truth to get into a mans only forum.

Someone explain to me how can a person be an Independent Fundamental Baptist if they're not a member of & attending an Independent Fundamental Baptist? You know, being a member in good standing at The 1st Nondenominational Church of in city, county, or state in this country is not the same as being an same as being a member of a Independent Fundamental Baptist Church. And if a person is a member of a Southern Baptist Church that is not the same as being a member of a Independent Fundamental Baptist Church. Things that are different, are not the same.

On here is the first time I've heard of anyone claiming membership in two different Churches at the same time. Generally a person that's a member of a Church that wishes to join up with another church will move his letter from one church to another if its a like church. If not a like church them he quiets the previous church, & joins up with a new one in the manner they accept members, which is usually by letter, statement, or profession of faith plus being baptized.

But as I mentioned earlier, let everyone examine their self. its not for me to do. And that's about the same words I will use when preaching, for I do not examine other people, that's between them & God.

Jerry,

I have added this statement to the "bio" section of my profile.

If anyone thinks I should stop using the IFB forum, feel free to let me know. Bro Matt has said I can stay.

I, Wayne Webb, AKA :"Heartstrings" joined Online Baptist several years ago. I also  joined the group "Independent Fundamental Baptist Forums" during the time I was a member of my IFB church of 26 years membership. I am presently attending and serving in a SBC while not in agreement with the dress standards or the use of other Bible versions.My beliefs have not changed with my change of membership other than learning that the people in said SBC church clearly and truly love Gof, each other, and sinners.  I still use ONLY a KJB and still consider myself a "fundamental baptist" because that is the truth.

Have also publicly acknowledged the fact that I no longer attend an IFB church and the owner of this forum has said that I can continue in said forum.

Jerry,

I have added this statement to the "bio" section of my profile.

If anyone thinks I should stop using the IFB forum, feel free to let me know. Bro Matt has said I can stay.

You did not read my post, please read it again, if you understand it them you will not address such a post to me.

I thought I did read it.,, and since I have openly stated that I am a member of a SBC............was it or was it not addressed to or at me?

Please, don't worry about me, I'm not the keeper, I'm not the judge, I don't make the rules, laws. All God did is call me to be pastor of one of His churches. On this forum I'm just another member, no different than any other member, if I deserved more respect than other members I would place Brother & or something else in front of or after my name. I try as best I can never to think to highly of myself & promote myself above others, but always try to promote my Lord. That is I'm just a mere man like you.

Its all between you & God. As Bro. Matt stated in the beginning when he started such forums, "I'm using the honor system, I'll take each persons word." I think that is a wonderful method to use, after all we are all accountable to God.

Although I think this is a very good topic. Its a good topic because some have stated on this forum that its OK to lie in some situation, & just because they may lie about certain things that does not make them dishonest people. I highly disagree, a person who will lie about one thing is not an honest person.

And each & everyone of us needs to always examine our self closely & try as best we possibly can to glorify our Lord in every way we can by following Jesus closely, being like Him as much as we can, being as honest as we possibly about every thing.

To be honest to stretch the truth to get into an IFB forum would be no different that a man that would stretch the truth to get into a woman's only forum or a woman that would stretch the truth to get into a mans only forum.

Someone explain to me how can a person be an Independent Fundamental Baptist if they're not a member of & attending an Independent Fundamental Baptist? You know, being a member in good standing at The 1st Nondenominational Church of in city, county, or state in this country is not the same as being an same as being a member of a Independent Fundamental Baptist Church. And if a person is a member of a Southern Baptist Church that is not the same as being a member of a Independent Fundamental Baptist Church. Things that are different, are not the same.

On here is the first time I've heard of anyone claiming membership in two different Churches at the same time. Generally a person that's a member of a Church that wishes to join up with another church will move his letter from one church to another if its a like church. If not a like church them he quiets the previous church, & joins up with a new one in the manner they accept members, which is usually by letter, statement, or profession of faith plus being baptized.

But as I mentioned earlier, let everyone examine their self. its not for me to do. And that's about the same words I will use when preaching, for I do not examine other people, that's between them & God.

Edited by heartstrings

So are we to the point now in this forum that we have to submit a statement of faith and pass a IFB litmus test to dare venture upon this holy site? Maybe we should have a FBI backround check done and submit the results to that too. Or get tested form illegal performance enhancement drugs? Don't forget to remove your shoes when typing too.

So are we to the point now in this forum that we have to submit a statement of faith and pass a IFB litmus test to dare venture upon this holy site? Maybe we should have a FBI backround check done and submit the results to that too. Or get tested form illegal performance enhancement drugs? Don't forget to remove your shoes when typing too.

Not at all.
If anyone is happy to venture into an area that is titled Forums for Independent Fundamental Baptist

Then that is between them and the Lord.

Personally, I have no qualms being here.
My conscience is clear. It appears from what heartstrings has posted that he is fine with it.
I get the impression that John feels justified in being here.
I think Jerry feels ok about it.
Bro Matt appears comfortable.

If you are happy with it then what's the big deal?

I really don't understand why some feel it is unfair to ask people to examine their hearts on a matter of honesty.

Dave,

If you, as a member of an Independent Fundamental Baptist, believed all of the "fundamentals" of the faith that most IFB's commonly hold to, but, because of circumstances beyond your control or a heresy of some kind entering into your particular local church, and had no other IFB church within reasonable driving distance which you had peace about moving your membership to. So you changed your membership to a Baptist church of another 'denomination', even  though you still considered yourself a "fundamentalist", would you cease participating in this forum? I haven't joined any "SBC" forums; are there any? Suppose, because of some political upheaval or circumstances beyond your control, you had to move to America, found some nice friends here, and was treated well, but you still missed your country, it's customs, and your people? Is that a good analogy?

I really don't understand why some feel it is unfair to ask people to examine their hearts on a matter of honesty.

I don't think it's unfair at all. The Bible clearly tells us to avoid even the appearance of evil so if my being here is a stumbling block to anyone, I sure don't want that,   Do you think I'm  in the wrong for continuing to participate in this forum?

Seems you did not read this part.

"Please, don't worry about me, I'm not the keeper, I'm not the judge, I don't make the rules, laws."

Yes, I read that part.  If you did make the rules here, and in light of my particular situation, would you allow me to continue to post in this IFB forum?

Brothers, I am not trying to get involved here, but I am seeing a lot of contention. This thread was started by Dave to address the issue of those who do not identify themselves as IFB should have access to the IFB specific portion of the board. Every single person that has posted on this thread associates themselves with IFB, so what is the problem? I would think that it is safe to say that those here (in heartstrings case) would attend an IFB church, if there was a biblically sound one close by. If I recall an earlier post of his correctly, out of the three churches nearby, they are SBC and two of them are compromised in the pastorate. So the church he attends is the most biblically sound one in his area.

It should not matter if one actually attends a local IFB church, but rather that they uphold and adhere to the doctrine established in the Bible and stated on this site. If someone agrees to that, then their heart is right and they are like-minded. Trying to delve into technicalities only causes strife, and is not edifying to anyone. This post is not directed towards one single person or side of the issue, but rather to all those involved in the conversation. Let's not fret over where someone goes to church, but rather focus on whether they believe the Bible or not.

Brothers, I am not trying to get involved here, but I am seeing a lot of contention. This thread was started by Dave to address the issue of those who do not identify themselves as IFB should have access to the IFB specific portion of the board. Every single person that has posted on this thread associates themselves with IFB, so what is the problem? I would think that it is safe to say that those here (in heartstrings case) would attend an IFB church, if there was a biblically sound one close by. If I recall an earlier post of his correctly, out of the three churches nearby, they are SBC and two of them are compromised in the pastorate. So the church he attends is the most biblically sound one in his area.

It should not matter if one actually attends a local IFB church, but rather that they uphold and adhere to the doctrine established in the Bible and stated on this site. If someone agrees to that, then their heart is right and they are like-minded. Trying to delve into technicalities only causes strife, and is not edifying to anyone. This post is not directed towards one single person or side of the issue, but rather to all those involved in the conversation. Let's not fret over where someone goes to church, but rather focus on whether they believe the Bible or not.

Correction, out of the four IFB churches near here, three have pastors who "keep each other informed". For instance, One of them told me that the other pastor said that I "chewed him out". Those were the words he used and he used them in front of two witnesses, funny he never mentioned it to me in private. It weas an attack on my character. But when I asked the other pastor if he had said that, he denied saying it and said "our conversation was not on that level" . So you see, I can't continue staying within a circle of men who talebear but can't keep their story straight. The fourth is not included in their "circle" but their pastor is a divorced/remarried man so I can't attend that church with a good conscience either..I am attending and serving in a SBC church with is DOCTRINALLY sound but I would not say entirely BIBLICALLY sound because not all of them use King James Bibles; including the pastor.