• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Our New President

• Members

Though I doubt he reads this board, I do want to extend congratulations to our new president elect, Barak Obama. Though most here probably did not want him to be our President, the fact of the matter is he is, so, our job is to pray for him and support where we can.

[color=#0000FF]1Ti 2:1 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, [b]supplications, prayers, intercessions, [and] giving of thanks, be made for all men;[/b]

1Ti 2:2 For kings, and [for] all [b]that are in authority[/b]; [u][b]that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty[/b][/u].

1Ti 2:3 For [b]this [is] good and acceptable [/b]in the sight of God our Saviour;

1Ti 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. [/color]

Let us not fall into the trap of speaking ill of Mr. Obama. The bible tells us:

[color=#0000FF]2Pe 2:10 But chiefly [b]them that walk after the flesh [/b]in the lust of uncleanness, and [b]despise government[/b]. Presumptuous [are they], selfwilled, they are not afraid to [b]speak evil of dignities[/b].

2Pe 2:11 Whereas angels, which are greater in power and might, bring not railing accusation against them before the Lord.

Psa 19:14 Let the words of [b]my mouth[/b], and the meditation of [b]my heart[/b], be acceptable in [b]thy sight[/b], O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. [/color]

Bro. Ben

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I am at peace for the first time in my Christian walk and this year. My dad is finally happy and won't bash no one no more. I feel right now if you talk bad about Obama being president your not showing Christian love. God probley picked him to reveal things that was told about him not sure but we need to be praying and meditating on the word of God and back our Church up.

• Administrators

Sorry, but I don't believe that God would have me congratulate Obama. I don't believe he won the election - I believe there was massive voter fraud, due in large part to the early voting. I am afraid for my country more than I ever have been. I will pray for him, but I will not congratulate him.

• Members
Sorry' date=' but I don't believe that God would have me congratulate Obama. I don't believe he won the election - I believe there was massive voter fraud, due in large part to the early voting. I am afraid for my country more than I ever have been. I will pray for him, but I will not congratulate him.[/quote']

I agree. I cannot congratulate him either. I WILL pray for our country and that the Lord will change the hearts of those people who are now in power. One thing I don't get is that several times on OB I've seen different people comment about God's "pick" for President and such and that God picked Obama to punish America. Now, do we have verses for that? I don't think God would "choose" an evil President or king. I would be more inclined to think that he just gave wicked minded people what they asked for as discipline. (Yes, I think there is a difference.)

• Members

I agree, it was the people who picked the president. God just allow it to happen.

I do want to congratulate to African Americans for their first black president though.. Too bad it had to be him who will be in history books and not someone better. I would honor and respect him as our leader if Obama didn't support ungodly things.

Yes I know The world is leading to the Lords return.

:goodpost::amen:KJVKayBeliever. What we need to do is get the Gospel of Jesus Christ out the best that we can in our local Bible-believing churches and on OB. My church has OB listed as a site to visit---not bragging, just a fact. We need to get the word out about OB. People love the Internet. There is a lot of wisdom on OB, and if we talk about Jesus---as BroMatt has recommended on "numerous" occasions (ahem to me included) then...we can't go wrong. We "Bible-Thumpers" NEED to stand proud and lead the lost to Our wonderful, glorious, Saviour, Jesus Christ. God has NEVER once in my entire life failed me---unlike myself and fellow man. LOL.

Let's glorify the Lord and show them what we've got!!! They have the world, and we have the Lord--- and an eternity in heaven. How bout that? :fall:

• Members

I can't congratulate him, for very obvious reasons that only the honest Christians can understand. I to believe that he got many votes that were double, from people who are in their graves, & or were make believe. he had many pulling for him that had not the least bit for doing what it right and honest and it seems to me he encouraged them.

Respect the office, yes, respect the person, no, he has made it clear, the path he wants to take this country down will not be following Christ. But them all paths McCain wanted to take this country down was not following Christ neither.

That said, I to mentioned it many times we are to pray for our leaders, its God will for us.

• Members
I can't congratulate him, for very obvious reasons that only the honest Christians can understand. I to believe that he got many votes that were double, from people who are in their graves, & or were make believe. he had many pulling for him that had not the least bit for doing what it right and honest and it seems to me he encouraged them.

Respect the office, yes, respect the person, no, he has made it clear, the path he wants to take this country down will not be following Christ. But them all paths McCain wanted to take this country down was not following Christ neither.

That said, I to mentioned it many times we are to pray for our leaders, its God will for us.

:amen: :goodpost:

• Members

I also believe there is voter fraud to help Obama expand the lead over McCain. There are alot of people in NYC and other countries are cheering for Obama including people in Kenya where his relatives lived there. I also believe he was born in Kenya, not Hawaii. There are a lot cover up that he gets away with it. God allows it happen. Why? I am thinking because God wants us to looking forward to see Jesus' return in other words rapture time after you(saved people) hear the trumpet. Yahoo! Here we go!!!

Evan57 :cool