• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Did the Catholic Church start when Constantine...

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

I believe you but what evidence do we have that this is true? :puzzled:

History. There are many books out there that trace the beginnings. Although many people try to say that Peter was the first pope, we know that isn't true - among other things, Peter was never in Rome.

If you can get it (it's out of print, now) Mystery Babylon Religion by Ralph Woodrow is a good summary. Woodrow has "recanted" what he wrote, and I believe revised the book, so you would want an original. Reason for his recant? He found something in Alexander Hislops's The Two Babylons that he disagreed with, apparently. It's still a good summary. Hislop's book is good, too, although hard to read.

• Members

The Catholic church was existant in a way before Constantine. The doctrines of Nicolaitaneism (Clergy and Laity divide) and Balaamism (worldlyness) had seeped into the early church. (Rev. 2-3)

The church started in earnest under Constantine though. There is LOTS of information about the church on
Understanding Roman Catholicism by Rick Jones: http://www.chick.com/reading/books/160/160cont.asp
Smokescreens by the ever infamous Jack Chick: http://www.chick.com/reading/books/153/153cont.asp
And Alberto by Jack Chick: http://www.chick.com/reading/comics/011 ... linone.asp
A lot of people don't like Mr. Chick, but he backs his claims so take it or leave it.

• Members

If you really want truth about the RCC, do not read anything written by the RCC people, even their early writings. They changed much of their early writing to back up their lies, the RCC is built on lies, nothing about it can be trusted.

The group who formed what we know as the RCC were driven out of the early church because of they false heretical doctrine and later formed an alliance with Constantine the great about the year 312 AD.

• Members
If you really want truth about the RCC, do not read anything written by the RCC people, even their early writings. They changed much of their early writing to back up their lies, the RCC is built on lies, nothing about it can be trusted.

The group who formed what we know as the RCC were driven out of the early church because of they false heretical doctrine and later formed an alliance with Constantine the great about the year 312 AD.

I believe you but what evidence do we have that the RCC has changed their early writings? :puzzled:

[quote="HappyChristian"]Just beware that some of Chick's sources are more than questionable.

As I said, the paganism came from Babylonian paganism, so of course it was around. Babylonian paganism began with Nimrod and Semiramis, way back in Genesis time.[/quote]

Absolutely, Nimrod and Semiramis was the start of Babylonian paganism. :amen: HC.

Yep. 312-313 AD Pastor Jerry.

• Members

Go study a bit of history, see what the RCC did to others, dragged them out of their houses and gave them a choice, die or convert, also going thru their houses and churches burring every book and every bit of evidence of religious nature.

The RCC was built upon man and mans teachings, not Christ, there is no church within the pages of the Bible that describes what is called the RCC. That in itself is enough to show them for exactly what they are, liars and false teachers.

There is no such thing as a pope taught about in the Bible, but yet they have a pope which they put at the head of their man made church.

They claim Peter was the 1st pope, but no where in the Bible does it teach that Peter held such an office. Watch the pope when they show him on TV, looking out at all the people who bow donw to him, notice he never responds as Peter did.

25 And as Peter was coming in, Cornelius met him, and fell down at his feet, and worshipped him.
26 But Peter took him up, saying, Stand up; I myself also am a man.
Acts 10:25-26 (KJV)

NO, Peter knew well, the only one who deserved such an act of praise and worship was Jesus Christ, but the pope and the RCC cannot understand this nor accept the truth of the matter. Yes, watch the pope closely as he accept such honor, and people worshiping him.

There is no such thing as Cardinals taught about in the Bible, but yet the RCC has many of them.

There is no such thing as Mary Queen of heaven in the Bible, but they teach that Mary, Jesus' mother, is queen of heaven.

They teach Mary was perfect, as was Jesus, the Bible does not teach this.

They teach you are to pray to Mary, the mother of Jesus, but the Bible teaches there is just one mediator, Jesus.

They teach that the Bible is not enough, that you have to have the pope and the RCC to have the whole truth, that with the Bible you do not have God's whole truth.

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

2 Tim 3:16-17 (KJV)

Only the Bible is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness where the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works, nothing about having to have the pope and the RCC to be be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

In other words the Bible itself proves the people of the RCC lie and are false teacher. Its very easy to study out. I helped you on one of them, but they are all very easy to prove.

• Members
Go study a bit of history, see what the RCC did to others, dragged them out of their houses and gave them a choice, die or convert, also going thru their houses and churches burring every book and every bit of evidence of religious nature.

The RCC was built upon man and mans teachings, not Christ, there is no church within the pages of the Bible that describes what is called the RCC. That in itself is enough to show them for exactly what they are, liars and false teachers.

There is no such thing as a pope taught about in the Bible, but yet they have a pope which they put at the head of their man made church.

They claim Peter was the 1st pope, but no where in the Bible does it teach that Peter held such an office. Watch the pope when they show him on TV, looking out at all the people who bow donw to him, notice he never responds as Peter did.

25 And as Peter was coming in, Cornelius met him, and fell down at his feet, and worshipped him.
26 But Peter took him up, saying, Stand up; I myself also am a man.
Acts 10:25-26 (KJV)

NO, Peter knew well, the only one who deserved such an act of praise and worship was Jesus Christ, but the pope and the RCC cannot understand this nor accept the truth of the matter. Yes, watch the pope closely as he accept such honor, and people worshiping him.

There is no such thing as Cardinals taught about in the Bible, but yet the RCC has many of them.

There is no such thing as Mary Queen of heaven in the Bible, but they teach that Mary, Jesus' mother, is queen of heaven.

They teach Mary was perfect, as was Jesus, the Bible does not teach this.

They teach you are to pray to Mary, the mother of Jesus, but the Bible teaches there is just one mediator, Jesus.

They teach that the Bible is not enough, that you have to have the pope and the RCC to have the whole truth, that with the Bible you do not have God's whole truth.

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

2 Tim 3:16-17 (KJV)

Only the Bible is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness where the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works, nothing about having to have the pope and the RCC to be be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

In other words the Bible itself proves the people of the RCC lie and are false teacher. Its very easy to study out. I helped you on one of them, but they are all very easy to prove.

I agree that the Catholic Church is a very unBiblical church. They put their man-made traditions on an equal level as the Bible and dare I say they even elevate their traditions above the Bible at some points. What I mean is that if one of their traditions contradicts what is in the Bible, they usually follow their tradition instead. The Catholic Church disgusts me and I pray for the salvation of all of the poor souls captured within it.

I agree that the Catholic Church is a very unBiblical church. They put their man-made traditions on an equal level as the Bible and dare I say they even elevate their traditions above the Bible at some points. What I mean is that if one of their traditions contradicts what is in the Bible, they usually follow their tradition instead. The Catholic Church disgusts me and I pray for the salvation of all of the poor souls captured within it.

FundieGirl...I came out of the RCC. It doesn't sound like you did...but, can I ask if you have them close to your heart for a reason? Do you have RCC friends, are you possibly wanting to get into a ministry involving the RCC?

I can give you personal information...as I grew up in the RCC, and I do have scriptural proof, as well, stating that it is a false religion. There are "smatterings" of truth in it, though. I can tell you about my mom and the RCC church see attended growing up with the Angels being "identical" to truth according to the Word of God. It is the paganism that has caused the corruption. Again...this all goes back to Genesis with Nimrod and Semiramis. There is a story about the Christmas Tree that is connected to Nimrod and Semiramis. The Roman Catholic people have been given a bad rap---that is for sure. It is an extremely confusing---(to say the least) Religion. Yes...it is VERY complex.

God bless. :smile