• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Did the Catholic Church start when Constantine...

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Depending on which ones? :Bleh :ideas:

Depending on your faith in God. It didn't take me long to know that the catholic is wrong in their work-based salvation.

I don't know how one believe Jesus died for our sins and still feel the need of a work based salvation. If you believe in the Lord, you should know that it is he that saves.

• Members

In the Roman Catholic Religion, Jesus is a wafer and a sip of wine to be consumed at every mass. They do not believe in a personal salvation experience. Mary and all of the "saints"are worshipped as the intecessors between men and God, and the Roman Priest has the power of Jesus on earth to absolve sins usually for a great price. Looking at this religion from the outside in, it is quite easy to see that it is truly a paganistic cult. But for those who have never known anything else the satanic brainwash can only be reversed by the power of the Holy Ghost.

As for someone to convert from Southern Baptist to Roman Catholic, I can only imagine that they must have unequally yoked themselves with someone from that relligion and allowed themselves to beduped/ beguiled by the catechism and other false teaching of the RCC. I can't imagine how anyone in their right mind would be flipping through the channels on TV one day and all of a sudden decide that they MUST become Roman Catholic. There has to be a great deal of coercion and undue influence for that to occur.

• Members

Truth is we should all be checking ourself and making sure we're right with whatever we're saying, not shooting off like some semi automatic hand gun..... Our job as brothers and sisters are to love one another as Christ loved us..... jj1956 You do not display this............ Take garbage in and garbage comes out ............. Open your ears and hear what people are saying. Quit being so narrow minded. I am not perfect and neither are you. I'm more wrong on some things than I even thought I was. Faulty wiring often leads to short circuiting. :bible:

Written before knowing he unfortunately got banned .......

• Members

You mean your interpretation of Bible prophecy. There are various interpretations of scripture - including Revelations. So, to which interpretation of Revelations do you hold? Historicist? Preterist? Futurist? These are not exclusive to the RCC mind you, but are held by many "flavors" of Protestantism. So, to which do you hold and why is your interpretation better than mine, or the other 150 people that attend your church? What about the protestant church down the road? They interpret scripture differently than you. If you interpret scripture via the Holy Spirit, then how is it that there are so many different interpretations? My point is, you can say what ever you want and that does not make it fact.

Paraphrasing your founder Martin Luther... "Scripture is like a wax nose; you can twist it any way you wish."

Now - enough with the grandstanding... show me some evidence for your claims.

BTW, I was a cradle Southern Baptist. My family roots in the SBC go back 175 years. I found truth in the RCC, so don?t try this bible thumping on me or I?ll thump you right back. :thumb

Its not about interpetation. Its about the Word of God. As far as bible thumping, I wouldn't call it that. I'd call it you being hard headed and not having an ear for God. You don't have to agree with everyone here, but you should at least have some respect. BTW Martin Luther I don't believe was fully right either. It is by FAITH in Jesus that you are saved not by any other. We as human beings cannot always prove everything. We have his Word. God has his own way of doing things and in due time everything will be as it will be. I'm no Einstien on the bible, but this could be your last chance to actually hear what people are telling you. Take a hard look at yourself and ask yourself what you're banking on.

Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Written before knowing he unfortunately got banned...........

The Trail of Blood
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
This article includes a list of references or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations.
You can improve this article by introducing more precise citations where appropriate.

The Trail of Blood is a book by Dr. James Milton Carroll, published posthumously,[citation needed] collecting a series of lectures given by Carroll over the history of Baptist churches. The copyright to this text belongs to Ashland Avenue Baptist Church in Lexington, Kentucky.

In his book, Carroll attempts to show that modern Baptists are the continuance of a strain of Christianity that dates back to apostolic times. As part of this attempt, Carroll claims a descent by modern Baptists from such earlier groups as the Waldensians, the Cathari, the Paulicians, and the Donatists. Carroll acknowledges a number of other writers including G.H. Orchard and John T. Christian.

Yes...bibletotingunslinger, "Trail of Blood" is an awesome book! :goodpost:

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

I found it interesting that jj made reference to the Trail of Blood in his posts. Perhaps he actually had read this book. If he had, it is interesting that despite that information he kept referring to those on this site as Protestants. We are not Protestants!

• Members
I found it interesting that jj made reference to the Trail of Blood in his posts. Perhaps he actually had read this book. If he had' date=' it is interesting that despite that information he kept referring to those on this site as Protestants. [b']We are not Protestants!

Amen :amen: :amen:

• 2 months later...