• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Sarah Palin: Bad Choice?

• Members
I was kinda disappointed that several of the candidates lowered themselves to appearing on SNL and etc. I felt that was childish and bringing themselves down to their level. I realize they were trying to show the poking fun did not offend them...however on the other hand' date=' they should have ignored it and gone on with their campaign instead of joining the "fun".[/quote']
No question about it. That was very disappointing. :badday:

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the TV era. Don't forget that Nixon appeared on Laugh In nearly 40 years ago.

Please don't tell me you remember that, John...and have some photographic memory or something?

Richard Nixon...besides, George W. Bush are my favorite presidents---and, I am NOT ashamed to say that, either. :thumb

http://hotair.com/archives/2008/11/06/newsweek-dishes-new-dirt-on-palin-and-nicolle-wallace/

Thanks Angie for that information. :-) Now everything makes perfect sense. No wonder McCain said in his succession speech in AZ that "the blame was his?"

Well...if we last the next four years *sigh*...maybe, Sarah Palin will run as POTUS in 2012? She was asked...of course, and she isn't thinking about 2012. LOL. She is back in her office as Governor of Alaska---this morning. The Alaskans are tough people and would NOT pick a dummy to govern that state. She is one tough cookie and the American people know it. Fear is a powerful thing...folks.

BTW, guys...the IFB men around here do NOT have a problem with a woman as POTUS. God can and will if He has too--- put a woman in charge. Could we possibly have our Judge Deborah?

She is a blood-bought born-again Christian,OB. :amen:

Psalm 25:14...The secret of the LORD is with them that fear him; and he will shew them his covenant. KJV 1611 AV.

• Members

There's no way I'd ever vote for her and I know a lot of other people wouldn't either. Although, I guess that would somewhat depend on whether or not she could figure out what the role of the president is in future interviews better than she knows what the vp's role is. :bonk:

[tube]eWegdnKWp4M[/tube]

There's no way I'd ever vote for her and I know a lot of other people wouldn't either. Although, I guess that would somewhat depend on whether or not she could figure out what the role of the president is in future interviews better than she knows what the vp's role is. :bonk:

[tube]eWegdnKWp4M[/tube]

Kevin...you have a rather discolored view of Sarah Palin---for some reason. If you are living in Korea in 2012...you won't even be eligible to vote in the USA...will you? :Bleh

• Members

I'll be able to vote. lol
I just think it's pretty clear that Palin was overall very disqualified to be vp, much less the president. To be honest, I'm thinking it was probably a good thing that the GOP lost this presidential election and I'm glad I didn't at any time support either one of them. If Palin runs in 2012, I won't be voting for her. If Romney ran, for example, I would probably vote for him but he would be a fool to choose Palin as a running mate. Anyone in the political realm knows that Palin was detrimental to the campaign, except for some on the Christian right who loved her simply because of her conservative beliefs without regard for her knowledge or capability.

I'll be able to vote. lol
I just think it's pretty clear that Palin was overall very disqualified to be vp, much less the president. To be honest, I'm thinking it was probably a good thing that the GOP lost this presidential election and I'm glad I didn't at any time support either one of them. If Palin runs in 2012, I won't be voting for her. If Romney ran, for example, I would probably vote for him but he would be a fool to choose Palin as a running mate. Anyone in the political realm knows that Palin was detrimental to the campaign, except for some on the Christian right who loved her simply because of her conservative beliefs without regard for her knowledge or capability.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions. I find her to be EXTREMELY intelligent, and so do many men that I know. As far as Romney is concerned? Sure...the Mormons believe in the family and all. Yes...he is an intelligent man. Just how Mormon is that man, though? Do you get what I am talking about?

As far as her being detrimental to the campaign...check the facts, Kevin. It isn't just the Christian right. Half of the RCC voted for McCain because of Sarah Palin. My sister was so disgusted with the state of OH voting for Obama she was ready to pack up her family and move out of here. I know the feeling.

Knowledge and capability? Are you reading the news in the states? I saw the Koreans last night...they were celebrating in the streets. Do you have our facts? Seriously...I am not trying to be mean here.

• Members

lol, no, I read Fox News, primarily. Most of what I've seen of Palin have been in interviews I've watched on youtube from various networks. She performed very poorly, in my opinion.

As to Romney, he's an easy guy to like, kind of like Obama. He's just the kind of guy you want to like. They aren't somewhat repulsive like McCain can be at times. I think this will be a good time to (a) allow the GOP to regroup and reform, (B) maybe help some blacks to pull themselves up and make something of themselves knowing that they really can do anything they set their mind to, © give us time to improve international relations and help Americans feel good about being Americans again. In my opinion, the recent years of GOP leadership have caused the American landscape to become somewhat depressing. I don't in any way agree with what Obama promotes, in general, just some thoughts.

• Members

Please don't tell me you remember that, John...and have some photographic memory or something?

Richard Nixon...besides, George W. Bush are my favorite presidents---and, I am NOT ashamed to say that, either. :thumb

Of course I remember that! My Mom watched Laugh In each week.

• Members

(BTW, Bill O'Reilly has offered Sarah Palin 30 minutes on his show to say and discuss whatever she wants; he even offered her more than 30 minutes if she wants it. She hasn't yet responded).

Palin lays low as interview requests pile up

ANCHORAGE, Alaska ? Gov. Sarah Palin hadn't been back home in Alaska for a full day and her staff had begun fielding requests Thursday for postelection interviews, including from Barbara Walters, Oprah Winfrey, Larry King and others.

Palin had been expected at her office in Anchorage but later notified her staff that she wouldn't show up after all. She remained at her home in Wasilla, located 40 miles to the north, but was expected in her office on Friday, spokesman Bill McAllister said.

"The intensity of all the interest is amazing. Everyone wants to talk to her," he said.

Palin is coming off a whirlwind nine weeks of almost nonstop travel and campaigning since becoming Republican John McCain's vice presidential running mate in late August. McCain and Palin lost Tuesday's election to Democrats Barack Obama and Joe Biden.

"I think she's been working from home," McAllister said. "Maybe she just liked the idea of spending a whole day at home. It could be the first time she woke up in her own bed and spent the night in her own bed on the same day since late August."

Aides to McCain and Palin, meanwhile, responded to reports of tension between the two sides over the Republican Party's purchase of more than $150,000 worth of clothing for Palin and her family, and accusations that Palin was ill-prepared for her role.

Randy Scheunemann, McCain's foreign policy adviser, called the idea of a split between the two campaigns "laughable."

"It's hard to believe these people worked for John McCain. They obviously have no loyalty to John McCain and no loyalty to his running mate," said Scheunemann, who prepared Palin for the vice presidential debae.

"I've worked in Washington for over 20 years. I have seen literally dozens of politicians, and Sarah Palin is as smart, tough and focused as any politician I've ever seen. I'm proud of the time I was able to spend with her," he said.

Meg Stapleton, a campaign spokeswoman for Palin, said the accusations were unfortunate.

"We have the highest regards for Sen. John McCain," she said in an e-mailed statement. "Gov. Palin was honored to be chosen as McCain's running mate."

Palin returned to Alaska late Wednesday night, her final flight in the McCain-Palin campaign plane. Dozens of supporters greeted her with chants of "2012! 2012!" as she walked off the airplane ? encouragement for her to run for president in four years.

Asked by reporters if she might run, Palin said: "We'll see what happens then."

The governor said she hoped to work with President-elect Obama on energy policy.

She returned home after spending Tuesday night in Phoenix, where she watched election returns with McCain.

___

On the Net:

Gov. Palin: http://gov.state.ak.us/