• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John81

Sarah Palin: Bad Choice?

Guest Guest

My take on this--- is that Palin wasn't a bad choice at all. As Pastor Jerry pointed out...the Republican Party was already "divided" from the beginning. Many people had already been alienated to already vote 3rd Party to begin with. I had ALWAYS considered 3rd Party from the beginning b/c the Republican Party had been walking that "fine line" for so long the past 4 years. BTW...that had nothing the do with GWB. The Democrats forced his hand. Let us remember that GWB is one man---and Washington, DC is a VERY awful place for ANY conservative to be.

Obama was running a tight campaign from the beginning. *cough* How tight? Well---there is no use squabbling over it b/c we will NEVER no about voter fraud with the Obama Camp. BO had Oprah Winfrey from the beginning and various other people who donated millions of dollars to fund his campaign. McCain had himself---just like the other candidates. The one thing that I truly admire about John McCain (not only that he is a war hero) is that he didn't play "dirty politics." I was VERy frustrated---yes, at times, calling him an "idiot" out of frustration. However, when you get right down to the bare bone---McCain did NOT viscously attack BO in any way. Unlike, the other way around. "WE" Republicans can be proud of that! We played fair.

Sarah Palin came in way too late---and, IMO she was held back to really show the American people what she was really made of. I love the "home-town" down-to-earth, intelligent, well-rounded, beauty queen, hockey mom. She stood for honest American values. Again...she was HELD back to say what was truly in her heart. She is a conservative. She just couldn't speak as to how much!

BTW, I don't think GWB cost McCain the election, either. We are nearing the end of the rope here folks---hang on for the ride. It will be a dozy. Obama is a "sitting duck" IMO set up by Islam.

I read that Palin did better as her own person...and that it was harder to campaign for somebody else (McCain). I read that when she was running for governor, her debates and interviews were handled MUCH better than when she was running for McCain, defending McCain, etc.

I think if she runs for President, we'll see a whole new (and better) Palin because she can just be herself instead of always boosting up someone else.

I think what Palin really did was scare away all the neoconservatives and closet democrats who voted for McCain in the first place :P

True...it was like "Oh stink he got a REAL conservative!"

Of course had he chosen someone like Lieberman, then none of the true conservatives would have voted for him, and he'd be in the same mess.

Actually, exit polling showed that Sarah Palin helped McCain. Had he not picked her, he would have lost at a much larger margin, as someone else pointed out.

She is not an ignorant woman. And I don't believe the "staffers" are being completely honest. They are trying to make excuses for their poor handling and for McCain's poor showing, so they drop it on her, just as was predicted when she was chosen.

The Katie Couric interview was one in which she showed her anger. Did anyone ask Obama which papers he read? Palin later said that she chose not to answer because it was annoying. I think if you watch her body language in that clip Angie posted you will see her frustration. Alaskan people are not stupid hicks who just settled for the cutest bimbo they could find for governor. She earned her position there by proving to the voters that she could do the job.

The perception that most people have of her is what the news media put out, relentlessly. And the reason they did was because they knew if the American people knew the truth about Obama and the truth about Palin, McCain would have won, probably with higher margin than Obama did - with people looking to 2012 and Palin running for POTUS.

She would have made an excellent VP, and she would be a good POTUS.

Actually, exit polling showed that Sarah Palin helped McCain. Had he not picked her, he would have lost at a much larger margin, as someone else pointed out.

She is not an ignorant woman. And I don't believe the "staffers" are being completely honest. They are trying to make excuses for their poor handling and for McCain's poor showing, so they drop it on her, just as was predicted when she was chosen.

The Katie Couric interview was one in which she showed her anger. Did anyone ask Obama which papers he read? Palin later said that she chose not to answer because it was annoying. I think if you watch her body language in that clip Angie posted you will see her frustration. Alaskan people are not stupid hicks who just settled for the cutest bimbo they could find for governor. She earned her position there by proving to the voters that she could do the job.

The perception that most people have of her is what the news media put out, relentlessly. And the reason they did was because they knew if the American people knew the truth about Obama and the truth about Palin, McCain would have won, probably with higher margin than Obama did - with people looking to 2012 and Palin running for POTUS.

She would have made an excellent VP, and she would be a good POTUS.

:goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost:

I don't even believe what I see as far as interviews most of the time. The questions are rigged, they are set up to make it difficult to answer without making yourself look bad either way. (Kinda like a wife who says "Does this make me look fat"...you have to either lie--bad choice--or say "yes" and risk her wrath...its a no win!)

They never set Obama up. They rarely asked him about abortion. They rarely asked him about gays. They rarely asked him about his past, or his preferences, or anything. Yet the interviews for the GOP were continually trying to trip them up.

Unless they come up with someone better, I'll be voting for Palin in 2012. :clap:

Because Sarah Palin didn't articulate an answer that no-one had' date=' she's dumb? How many ums, uhs, uhuhuhuhs did BO have - ANY time he didn't have access to a teleprompter? And Biden just flat out lied (so did BO), fluently.[/quote']
It isn't that she didn't articulate an answer, she didn't even come close to the question. How did asking about the bailout become about trading with other nations and healthcare? Ineptitude by the Democrats does not excuse or make Republican ineptitude any better.

Do you have the REST of the interview? In the last second (literally) she started a sentence, "This bailout is..." and was cut off. I'm not saying she brought it all around and gave a good answer, but it is a specific technique of those politicians to re-state everything they believe (that is rehearsed) before giving the answer to the question at hand. This excerpt from the interview might be taken completely out of context just to try and make her look ignorant.

No she was not the bad choice .Unfortunately McCain was the bad choice ,if they could have found some one more conservative like she was it would have been better.

I think it's awful easy for us to sit back and armchair a decision. One thing that we have to remember is that the mainstream media went out of their way to make her look bad, really bad. And I know for sure that the Charles Gibson interview was cut and spliced to make it look like she was answering questions with dumb answers - answers that were actually to other questions, and so were not really dumb. I wouldn't doubt but that the Couric interview was the same. They were out to crucify that lady, and they did it.

No, ineptitude isn't excusable, but I am still very skeptical of any of those recorded interviews...

A true politician actually never answers the question, but leaves the impression that they did, talking for 30 minutes without really ever saying anything leaving the viewers with the impression they're ex termly intelligent, Mr. Bill Clinton had that perfectly mastered. But Mr. Obama is extremely good at it as well and will probably become a master.

The media is brutalizing her...even Fox News isn't treating her so well. And she had the most squeaky clean record of all the major candidates this time around!

People point out her tears, etc....it wasn't cuz she was a wimp or an emotional woman but because she loves her country and knows the trouble we're in now with Obama.

Guest Guest
How about this one? It's way out there. :frog

[tube]npUMUASwaec[/tube]

Did anyone count how many fragmented sentences there are in there, much less the content? lol

Don't mind Kevin---LuAnne. He was a Ron Paul man from the start. :thumb:

We all know the problem you have with grammar, Kevin. :Green

Guest Guest

^^^^^^^Something is desperately wrong with my computer. Is the Obama regime monitoring me already? :haha

We have to remember that Palin was not pulled off the streets...she is a Governor, and plenty of Governors go on to run for President. She isn't an imbecile.

Ok so Palin has a bad temper. Obama has bad everything! McCain has no personality! How is this Palin's fault? Palin got McCain conservative votes he would not have otherwise gained. They are using her now as a scapegoat...an excuse for losing.

Anyway, interviews were setups. Liberal media never put forth fair questions.

:goodpost::amen: I totally agree.

To all of those people (main stream media included) who think that Palin has a bad temper. Are you sure about that???????? How would you suggest she answer some of those loaded questions they grilled her on???? GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!! :verymad::verymad::verymad: Who cares one iota if she missed a few qeography questions???? I couldn't care less. She was the very best qualified for the job but the media and her grillers couldn't find any other faults so they decided to pick apart a few inconsequentials. :bonk::bonk::bonk:

Anyway, let's talk about temper:::::::::::::;;

I deal with metallurgy on a daily basis. We have stuff called H.R.M.S., which means Hot Rolled Mild Steel. As it comes from the mill it has almost no temper at all. Before the prices went crazy I was getting it for 45 cents per pound. However, alloy steel, such as Chromex, Chromar, or Tuften, can have so much temper that it will wear out a file. That material costs more than ten times what ordinary mild steel does. You can easily see that temper is a very beneficial thing.

Guest Guest

One of the biggest things that I believe hurt McCain/Palin was Tina Fey. Tina's mimicking act of Sarah Palin on Saturday Night Live. Then, I really feel that Sarah Palin appearing on SNL brought SP down. C'mon...SNL is a slapstick comedy show. :roll First---Fey doing her act of Palin, then...Sarah Palin appearing on SNL? Sure...SNL ratings went up higher than they ever have in the past 10 years (that was great for them) but what did that do to Palin's credibility? Some people can't separate fact from fiction. :puzzled: My :2cents

I was kinda disappointed that several of the candidates lowered themselves to appearing on SNL and etc. I felt that was childish and bringing themselves down to their level. I realize they were trying to show the poking fun did not offend them...however on the other hand, they should have ignored it and gone on with their campaign instead of joining the "fun".

I was kinda disappointed that several of the candidates lowered themselves to appearing on SNL and etc. I felt that was childish and bringing themselves down to their level. I realize they were trying to show the poking fun did not offend them...however on the other hand' date=' they should have ignored it and gone on with their campaign instead of joining the "fun".[/quote']
No question about it. That was very disappointing. :badday:

Guest Guest
This is the TV era. Don't forget that Nixon appeared on Laugh In nearly 40 years ago.

Please don't tell me you remember that, John...and have some photographic memory or something?

Richard Nixon...besides, George W. Bush are my favorite presidents---and, I am NOT ashamed to say that, either. :thumb