• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Sarah Palin: Bad Choice?

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

My hubby was almost about to vote for McCain.. He liked Palin.

the reason he decided not to vote for McCain was because McCain supported the bailout. He thinks anyone who supported it does not deserve his vote. So for him, it was either boycott or vote for Barr. I think alot of republicans felt the same way.

• Members

the reason he decided not to vote for McCain was because McCain supported the bailout. He thinks anyone who supported it does not deserve his vote. So for him, it was either boycott or vote for Barr. I think alot of republicans felt the same way.

I don't agree....but won't condemn...yet. LOL. I want to see if the Republicans can get their act together by 2012. And I mean...find a REAL conservative...not a moderate.

That, or we are gonna have to figure out a way to get a major third party in there.

• Members

She was the reason my wife voted Obama instead of McCain. I had my mind set on Obama long ago, but my wife, and a co-worker solidified their vote for Obama after seeing Palin.

She was terribly unqualified. Now with these reports that she thought Africa was a country, not a continent, etc. that is even more troubling than I initially suspected.

• Members
She was the reason my wife voted Obama instead of McCain. I had my mind set on Obama long ago, but my wife, and a co-worker solidified their vote for Obama after seeing Palin.

She was terribly unqualified. Now with these reports that she thought Africa was a country, not a continent, etc. that is even more troubling than I initially suspected.

yeah, because she is too conservative. you guys was going to vote for Obama no matter who, and the only reason you'll vote for McCain because he is neoconservative.

• Members

yeah, because she is too conservative. you guys was going to vote for Obama no matter who, and the only reason you'll vote for McCain because he is neoconservative.

No, too conservative has nothing to do with it. My wife is fairly conservative, and was leaning McCain until he chose Palin. Her conservativeness had nothing to do with her decision.....it was the fact that she was not qualified. She did not understand the issues facing our country or world. She cannot even name the members of NAFTA, or name one Supreme Court case other than Roe V. Wade that she does not agree with. A national leader MUST understand these issues. If they do not understand, she would have been easily used by others to accomplish an agenda.

If the John McCain that ran in 2000 had run again, he may have gotten my support. But in this election, he sold out. That made the decision for me. You are right that Obama had my vote before Palin was chosen.

• Administrators

I think it is so hilarious that people keep saying SP was unqualified!!!!! She had more executive experience than any of the 3 senators in the race!!! BO had two years in the state senate, and started his presidential campaign the year he was elected to the federal senate. Whoo, loads of experience. Oh, I forgot - he was a community organizer. Yep. Taught people how to get food stamps...

And this bit about Africa...who really cares? Do we live there? No. We live in the 57 states of America, according to Obama. Oh, but that was a mispeak, right? Let's not grant that same grace to Sarah Palin, though. Let's believe all the media lies about her, because we all know how honest those MSM reporters are, don't we. And how unbiased! After all, I'm sure Chris Matthews felt a thrill running up his leg when he talked to Sarah Palin, like it did when he talked with BO...he just forgot to mention it!

"we're told....we're told...." Seems that no-one is admitting they heard SP say Africa was a country, just that staffers said...

Do I believe she got angry? Probably. Do I care? No. I would have gotten angry, too, if they tried to handle me the way they did her. When she was herself, she was fine. But when she was following the handlers, she was stilted and unnatural.

Get the book Sarah. People might be pleasantly surprised at what they learn about her. And those who voted for Obama, using her for an excuse, ought to couple that reading with Audacity of Deceit. There won't be any pleasant surprises in that book!

• Members

Oh yeah...I forgot Obama doesn't know how many states in our country. LOL!

Go ahead...keep slamming Palin. It won't stop her. And go ahead...keep praising Obama. You'll learn...soon enough. So will everyone else.

And just a little hint...the stock market crash? You know, post election? The media is saying its not Obama...? Yeah. First lie and he hasn't even been sworn in yet. Its the worst post election crash in history. Wall Street knows, though they won't admit it....that we're in trouble.

• Members
I think it is so hilarious that people keep saying SP was unqualified!!!!! She had more executive experience than any of the 3 senators in the race!!! BO had two years in the state senate, and started his presidential campaign the year he was elected to the federal senate. Whoo, loads of experience. Oh, I forgot - he was a community organizer. Yep. Taught people how to get food stamps...

And this bit about Africa...who really cares? Do we live there? No. We live in the 57 states of America, according to Obama. Oh, but that was a mispeak, right? Let's not grant that same grace to Sarah Palin, though. Let's believe all the media lies about her, because we all know how honest those MSM reporters are, don't we. And how unbiased! After all, I'm sure Chris Matthews felt a thrill running up his leg when he talked to Sarah Palin, like it did when he talked with BO...he just forgot to mention it!

"we're told....we're told...." Seems that no-one is admitting they heard SP say Africa was a country, just that staffers said...

Do I believe she got angry? Probably. Do I care? No. I would have gotten angry, too, if they tried to handle me the way they did her. When she was herself, she was fine. But when she was following the handlers, she was stilted and unnatural.

Get the book Sarah. People might be pleasantly surprised at what they learn about her. And those who voted for Obama, using her for an excuse, ought to couple that reading with Audacity of Deceit. There won't be any pleasant surprises in that book!

I think Obama clearly has the leadership to lead this country. He organized and built a tremendously successful Presidential campaign. Palin did not. She was chosen to come along for a ride. Obama is extremely intellegent, is a great thinker, was President of the Harvard Law Review, and is very well versed in domestic and international affairs.

Do you really think Palin, who could not name one Supreme Court case other than Roe v. Wade that she disagreed with, is well enough versed in domestic and international affiars to be able to make informed decisions? That was my biggest concern with her. I do believe she was a liability for the McCain campaign.

Agree or disagree with Obama's policies, I think he has proven his leadership ability through his campaign. It is no easy task to build a broad base of support among many different groups, to raise that kind of money, and to pave the road to the White House. He knew what he was doing when he was elected Senator and went to accomplish that task. And he achieved it.

He can be a tremendous role model for millions of young black children. If Obama, who grew up without a father, grew up in a working class family, could go to Harvard Law School, be elected as the President of the law review, play a large role in local politics, and move on to national politics and now be elected to the highest office in the land, what can they do? He is a tremendous example of what anyone in this country can acheive through hard work. I am excited about having a President who young people can look up to as a role model. His story is exceptional, agree or disagree with his policy stances.

• Members
Oh yeah...I forgot Obama doesn't know how many states in our country. LOL!

Go ahead...keep slamming Palin. It won't stop her. And go ahead...keep praising Obama. You'll learn...soon enough. So will everyone else.

And just a little hint...the stock market crash? You know, post election? The media is saying its not Obama...? Yeah. First lie and he hasn't even been sworn in yet. Its the worst post election crash in history. Wall Street knows, though they won't admit it....that we're in trouble.

What the stock market does in a day or week really has no impact for me. My retirement account is down 38% in the past 2 years. That is the nature of the stock market. I believe it will come back strong once the underlying economic problems are met. I will like to see where the stock market is at 4, or 8 years from now. That will be much more telling.

• Members

I think Obama clearly has the leadership to lead this country. He organized and built a tremendously successful Presidential campaign. Palin did not. She was chosen to come along for a ride. Obama is extremely intellegent, is a great thinker, was President of the Harvard Law Review, and is very well versed in domestic and international affairs.

Do you really think Palin, who could not name one Supreme Court case other than Roe v. Wade that she disagreed with, is well enough versed in domestic and international affiars to be able to make informed decisions? That was my biggest concern with her. I do believe she was a liability for the McCain campaign.

Agree or disagree with Obama's policies, I think he has proven his leadership ability through his campaign. It is no easy task to build a broad base of support among many different groups, to raise that kind of money, and to pave the road to the White House. He knew what he was doing when he was elected Senator and went to accomplish that task. And he achieved it.

He can be a tremendous role model for millions of young black children. If Obama, who grew up without a father, grew up in a working class family, could go to Harvard Law School, be elected as the President of the law review, play a large role in local politics, and move on to national politics and now be elected to the highest office in the land, what can they do? He is a tremendous example of what anyone in this country can acheive through hard work. I am excited about having a President who young people can look up to as a role model. His story is exceptional, agree or disagree with his policy stances.

few months before she was asked about the supreme court case, she did have one she disagree with: http://conservationreport.com/2008/09/0 ... -decision/

That's why I think it was stress/motherhood/ etc. that made it very hard for her to think quickly . Plus, you have these media treating her this way. Most of all, I think her campaign aides put her up to it because they didn't like McCain's pick. How else did we know about the cost of her clothes and such? Why did they hand her the phone without checking first?

• Members

The stock market will be dead in four years. Or government owned. Oh yeah....dead.

You have to remember so much of these campaigns are RUN by advisors. The candidates have to do nothing but do as they are told and put forth a good appearance. Sure, they have to know their stuff...But for the most part they are coached and they study issues and they put on a show. They are actors. They memorize their parts and perform. Sarah Palin is more of a person than an actor. Look at her record in Alaska for facts about her....don't judge her on how good an "actor" she is. We don't need "actors" in the White House (I saw a funny tshirt that said "The Black House" and I had to chuckle although its quite racist and unChristian), we need real people who can really fight for America and for our rights and freedoms.

Black children have had many good role models and it hasn't worked yet. And Obama had someone pay for his Harvard education. Nobody did that for me!!!! The best role model for a black child is their parent. So that excuse doesn't fly with me.

She is the reason that the IFB men in OH voted Republican. :-) They honestly feel that a "righteous" woman can do a better job (at this point.) They just take it back to the OT. God had to put a woman in charge. Goodness sakes...whatever it takes!

• Members

I would agree that Obama is no dummy. He's a smart guy and he knows how to run an effective campaign, something that McCain and Palin bungled. And no, the government will not be dead in four years. Clinton was in for 8 years and we're still alive. Carter, of all incompetents, was president and yet we still have a fully functioning, independent stock market. Oh, I'm so tired of the conspiracies. :badday: